Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: American Idol at Disney's Hollywood Studios?

Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95 View Post
    i would love to see superstar tv come back with scenes from lost or desparate housewives and greys anatomy. there are all sorts of possibilities now and you wouldnt have to license shows.
    Exactly...and since ABC studios produces "Scrubs," that's another one to consider. Heck, to ensure kids feel more included (and the shows are more relevant to them as well) one of the scenes could be from "That's So Raven" or "Hannah Montana" or if they want to show off the CG bells and whistles, "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" (I'd be interested in seeing that).

I miss the interactivity and fun of Superstar Studios, and I think now, considered by many to be a renaissance of sorts for ABC television, there are a plethora of shows which would be perfect for this attraction!

I'm getting giddy just thinking about the possibilities...gosh that would be fun.
    "When entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." -Sam Eagle

"I may have invented these bifocals I'm wearing, but I can assure you they're not rose-colored" -Ben Franklin, The American Adventure

• Sock Puppet

Any type of show that makes guests feel like they are participating in a television show would be nice and add to the studio feel that the park is lacking! That's why I loved Who Wants to be a Millionaire, it was just like the tv show.

Angry Re: American Idol at Disney's Hollywood Studios?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    American Idol? All I can think of is karaoke with Joe Schmoe and his kids from Oklahoma and trio of CMs trying to be Simon, Paula, and Randy.

No thanks.
    Hey, what do you have against us from Oklahoma? We have many talented singers from Oklahoma. Ever heard of Carrie Underwood or Garth Brooks, to name a few???

• Banned User

Screamscape as a source = null
    Sorry Lance, but your info is usually second rate and not accurate.

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    What you don't understand is I was being nice in my reply to you here Jerren.

I'm with aimster, no no and no. I'd rather Superstar TV or something of that nature return than this, sorry.

Yes Piglet I know just being ornery as always!

But they could make it into a WDW version of "Who's line is it anyway?" there are plenty of material they could pull from ABC without having to go over to the Fox. Although then they would have to nae the whole area the Drew Carey Zone...
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I would love to be a judge on that show!!!

But honestly... a show from the FOX network in the ABC Theater.. what on Earth?
    Desparate Housewives is filmed at Universal Hollywood, and Pirates also was filmed partially there.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Banned User

they may be filmed at universal but they are still owned by disney. studios use each other's facilities all the time especially if their's is full or like with pirates, they don't have a stage large enough for the sets. we did the backlot vip tour a couple of years ago at universal hollywood and got to see wisteria lane. when we were there, they had just moved production of csi into a new soundstage. the guide was saying that with so many channels, it's getting harder and harder to find empty space at the studios anymore, that's why alot of production was moved to canada and new york.

• Circle of Ancients

With the popularity of HSM right now, in no way can I see them doing something from American Idol over that.

• Disney Memory Maker

Hmmm.... why do I doubt that American Idol will be going into ABC Theater, making the Studios promote a FOX show that competes with ABC's shows (which is owned by Disney)?

Why on earth would Disney want to do that? If you want to have a karaoke show, why go all the way and promote Fox's show at the same time? Why not just come up with your own name (or make a show like Dancing with the Characters)? So yes, I'm not buying this rumor.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12