Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

American Idol at Disney's Hollywood Studios?

According to the latest buzz from Screamscape, Disney may be looking to get licensing to FOX's "American Idol" to use in the soundstage where "Sounds Dangerous starring Drew Carey" is.

Here is the link:

http://www.screamscape.com/html/wdw_...od_studios.htm

Re: American Idol at Disney's Hollywood Studios?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRockr View Post
    According to the latest buzz from Screamscape, Disney may be looking to get licensing to FOX's "American Idol" to use in the soundstage where "Sounds Dangerous starring Drew Carey" is.

Here is the link:

http://www.screamscape.com/html/wdw_...od_studios.htm
    I think that rumor actually is surrounding the ABC Theater (former home to Doug Live and Superstar Television).

Not sure I give much credence to Screamscape lately...I'm wondering what the folks around here have heard about this?
    "When entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." -Sam Eagle

"I may have invented these bifocals I'm wearing, but I can assure you they're not rose-colored" -Ben Franklin, The American Adventure

• Disneyholic

Ok... Apart from it not being Disney and having nothing to do with the Studio's or the golden age of Hollywood, why license it? I for one would think it would be much better and more entertaining to just host CM auditions in front of the park audience. Call it WDW Next Cast Member! Bear with me here folks...

• All potential CM's would have to audition before a panel of Disney HR CM's AND a LIVE park audience!
    • Audience can ask questions as well and put the CM's on the spot so that management knows how they will handle themselves in the parks. Didn't get good customer service yesterday? Pose the scenario to the contestants! In front of their potential management! maybe management will start getting the feedback and acting on it...
    • Audience votes on their favorite potential CM's at the end of the "casting period" the scores can be tallied and a prize for the winner (aka a job? pin, special CM name tag)
    • Returning guests can see their favorite CM's in the parks if they survive the process!

Wow think of the fun of watching the potential CM's improvise responses to real and hypothetical scenario's from real park guests... squirm little wannabes squirm! Muhahahah!

More importantly it could also raise the bar for potential CM's in which case we all win!
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• I was deleted.

Haha, yes that's a cute idea Jerren in theory but in actuality.. it wouldn't ever surface. While the upper level suits might learn a thing or two from the guests needs other than that it wouldn't do so well. The fact is they are ALWAYS hiring in one place or another at this resort and to incorporate that into the actual entertainment would take Disney's entertainment into a new low and show how desperate they might really be.

• Disneyholic

LOL ok how about we add the geezers in the balcony from the Muppet show to bring it up a notch?
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• Sock Puppet

An interactive American Idol concept for the studios would be great + they could easily clone it for DCA in the empty Millionaire building and even do the French version of Idol, Nouvelle Star for Walt Disney Studios Paris.

And it ties in to Hollywood, Television, & the entertainment industry so it would be a perfect fit and a big crowd draw since American Idol is the television show with the highest ratings.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

No. No. No. No. No. No. No.

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OO!!!!!!!!!!

If they do this, I will personally find the yahoo who came up with this idea and smack them upside the head with a Louisville Slugger.

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    No. No. No. No. No. No. No.

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OO!!!!!!!!!!

If they do this, I will personally find the yahoo who came up with this idea and smack them upside the head with a Louisville Slugger.
    I'll catch his head with my Baseball glove.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

American Idol? All I can think of is karaoke with Joe Schmoe and his kids from Oklahoma and trio of CMs trying to be Simon, Paula, and Randy.

No thanks.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• The Steampunk Dread Baron

American Idol is part of whats wrong with american music... if they win they should do a small club tour and if they actually can develop the skills and reportioe(sp) then they should be offered a contract.... but i digress it just doesnt belong
    The fountain of youth really is in Florida... thats why they built Walt Disney World where they did.

I think having an American Idol-themed show would be a horrible idea from an entertainment quality standpoint. The only thing it would have going for it is name recognition, but without serious prizes, I think it would be a flop. I don't understand why they don't just go back to the Superstar Television format. Maybe theres a way to incorporate the idea of a competition with that of Superstar. Hmmm, that could be interesting. Have an audience vote on who does the best improv or re-enactment of popular ABC television shows.
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerren View Post
    LOL ok how about we add the geezers in the balcony from the Muppet show to bring it up a notch?
    What you don't understand is I was being nice in my reply to you here Jerren.

I'm with aimster, no no and no. I'd rather Superstar TV or something of that nature return than this, sorry.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Jerren View Post
    All potential CM's would have to audition before a panel of Disney HR CM's AND a LIVE park audience!
    I would love to be a judge on that show!!!

But honestly... a show from the FOX network in the ABC Theater.. what on Earth?

• Banned User

i would love to see superstar tv come back with scenes from lost or desparate housewives and greys anatomy. there are all sorts of possibilities now and you wouldnt have to license shows.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I would love to be a judge on that show!!!

But honestly... a show from the FOX network in the ABC Theater.. what on Earth?
    Julio, the Simon Cowell of Disney.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast