Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Odd sponsorship continues... [Rock n Rollercoaster]

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busin...l_tab03_layout

Is it because the launch makes you poo your pants?
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• May the F=ma be with you

Re: Odd sponsorship continues...

Free samples after each ride?

Or at least for anyone who soils themself...

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Re: Odd sponsorship continues...

ha ha that's what I was thinking!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Odd sponsorship continues... [Rock n Rollercoaster]

Look who we got our Hanes on now.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Look who we got our Hanes on now.
    Aerosmith?

• Disney Memory Maker

I think this is a great partnership. First of all, the merchandise will benefit greatly with a brand like Hanes behind it. And while it might sound a little silly to see "Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith Presented by Hanes," any sponsorship is better than no sponsorship at all. What this will likely mean is that more money will be put into that particular attraction (as it is not Disney now who will be footing the bill).
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by TheDisneyInquisitor View Post
    I think this is a great partnership. First of all, the merchandise will benefit greatly with a brand like Hanes behind it. And while it might sound a little silly to see "Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith Presented by Hanes," any sponsorship is better than no sponsorship at all. What this will likely mean is that more money will be put into that particular attraction (as it is not Disney now who will be footing the bill).
    I agree, I don't think there is anything wrong with the sponsorships. It will be interesting to see how Disney tries to tie in the new sponsor with the existing theme. Will they be subtle, or go all out?
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheDisneyInquisitor View Post
    What's interesting is that it's AFTER Disney did 2 fairly extensive refurbs on the attraction.

I'm not against sponsorships at all, but sometimes I question the choices that are made...

And I'm not 100% optimistic about Hanes quality T-shirts in the parks either. not much of a Hanes fan.

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by DoppelV View Post
    I agree, I don't think there is anything wrong with the sponsorships. It will be interesting to see how Disney tries to tie in the new sponsor with the existing theme. Will they be subtle, or go all out?
    My guess is that it won't be anything like Siemens sponsorship. It likely won't even fall under the Dinosaur-type sponsorship (ie, constant loop proclaiming the generous grant from the McDonalds corporation). I'm going to guess that it will be a Coca Cola/GMR type sponsorship (ie, a simple sign or two and the real advertising being the WDW merchandise itself). And I'd also place my guess that RnRC will feature the Champion brand sponsoring it instead of Hanes in general.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Do any members of Aerosmith actually wear underwear?

• I was deleted.

So instead of WDW on the tag we will see Hanes?

What will make the merch. stand apart from the ones you can currently buy at Walmart or Target with Disney characters on them? I like how they said:
    The deal also allows Hanesbrands to co-label much of the clothing, as in "Disneyland Resort by Hanes."

"I would think it will help the perception of the consumer," said Global Crown Capital analyst Martin Pyykkonen. "As they walk into the store they are asking themselves, 'Oh, do I buy this T-shirt and it falls apart?' Having a name brand like Hanesbrands may help."
    As if the Disney product made guests think it would fall apart after they spent $26 on a t-shirt. (Wasn't there a debate on this that Speedway started recently?)

Anyway.. as yoyo mentioned, it is interesting to see this get picked up after the refurbs but maybe that means something else in store.

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    So instead of WDW on the tag we will see Hanes?
    Well... as the text you quoted says, "The deal also allows Hanesbrands to co-label much of the clothing, as in 'Disneyland Resort by Hanes.'" So I would guess some tags will say "Walt Disney World" while others will say "Walt Disney World by Hanes."

• Banned User

Well.. if this sponsorship means Hanes product being sold at the gift shop immediately after the ride... then I am OK with that. NOT!

I think they should as a huge Hanes jockey short in the back of every coaster. It'd be fun to see it jettison when the coaster breaks at the end of the ride, just like those parachutes pop opened behind those high speed race cars.

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Well.. if this sponsorship means Hanes product being sold at the gift shop immediately after the ride... then I am OK with that. NOT!

I think they should as a huge Hanes jockey short in the back of every coaster. It'd be fun to see it jettison when the coaster breaks at the end of the ride, just like those parachutes pop opened behind those high speed race cars.

Now THAT I would like to see.

Serioulsy though, a sponsors a sponsor. The maketing company for Haynes says we need more exposure to the theme/amusement park demographic. they approach a number of venues. Dinsey had the right price/reputation/visibility and Hanes did not conflict with the Disney image. So money changes hands.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Be careful everyone or we will start seeing those Amazon jock strap ads again.

On a serious note, I don't have a problem with sponsorship, I mean if we can deal with "Siemens" I think Hanes is child's play. IMHO
    Last edited by SummerInFL; 11-01-2007 at 10:22 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast