Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DDE email

• Sock Puppet

Re: DDE email

Whatever happened to just paying for your meal on a case by case basis and getting good food and good service? What's with all these plans? It seems like they roll out these plans that sound too good to be true, and then take away benefits, features, and raise the price each year. It sounds like a bunch of hooey to create the illusion of value where there is none.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by Pressler69 View Post
    Whatever happened to just paying for your meal on a case by case basis and getting good food and good service? What's with all these plans? It seems like they roll out these plans that sound too good to be true, and then take away benefits, features, and raise the price each year. It sounds like a bunch of hooey to create the illusion of value where there is none.
    They created a lot of interest in the plan, then took away the best parts of it! You are right. I actually wouldn't mind if the DDP got less popular, it would be easier to get a reservation last-minute.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by Pressler69 View Post

Well that was the beauty of the Disney Dining Experence (DDE). It was a card you paid for (started at $60 I think) and you got 20% off your bill.

Not really a "plan". Just a discount for people who ate a lot of sit down meals (and were either FL residents or AP holders)

Now they are lumping more and more "rules" on the DDE.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well that was the beauty of the Disney Dining Experence (DDE). It was a card you paid for (started at $60 I think) and you got 20% off your bill.

Not really a "plan". Just a discount for people who ate a lot of sit down meals (and were either FL residents or AP holders)

Now they are lumping more and more "rules" on the DDE.

-dave
    Yeah, I didn't renew mine, to much of a hassle, mainly for the reason you listed. If I have to think about it to much regarding if I get a discount, what applies, what is extra that gets added on etc.. it's not worth my time or hassle. I'd rather just pay the full price, 10 bucks is not that big a deal to me, if I'm throwing away money at a sit down restaurant anyway.

• Another trip down I-4

I got my DDE so we could experience a few of the sit downs we had always wanted to try and get a discount on them. I don't think I'll be renewing next year, though. It's too hard to get a sit down reservation if you don't know long in advance when you'll be coming (like many AP holders - we tend to decide to go down there on the weekend and walk around / have a meal). We've still got more than a few places to try, though, and will have to make special plans to get down there for them (Boma, Jiko, California Grill).

• I was deleted.

Re: Upgraded Disney Dining Experience Process & New Tip Policy at WDW

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    It says across property, but it may also just be the DDE.

I think that's fine for the DDE as we will generally will tip whatever we saved (20%) and then some. But I'm sure there are people on the DDE who don't tip well.

The question though is, is the 18% based on the before discount price or once the discount is applied?
    I believe it is across property for all DDE members.

I would say that it is before discount amount. This is probably because you should always tip on the amount BEFORE any discount and people do not. That is why the CM discount places in the 18% so that they will tip correctly.

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by nbodyhome View Post
    Jerren - I don't know why 15% isn't standard anymore (I used to be a server when it was), as food prices have gone up. If I'm at a place where food is inexpensive, I tend to tip extra well. I don't think someone should be penalized because the entree wasn't expensive. (like at Trails End, Ken is the BEST server - Donnell too). I am sure that people often tip on the discounted amount, or will tip what is considered standard at a buffet - which is still often stated at 10% outside of Disney. I have worked buffets in the distant past, and I found that I keep just as busy with the tables as I would with a regular sit-down restaurant. Generally it's more plates to clear, more drinks to fill at a more rapid pace.

I eat in and around the DC area a lot and it could just be regional but 20% is the norm for good service, 15% is still ok most areas but at a nicer restaurant you may get a dirty look when you leave or the next time you come in. When taking out clients I almost always tip 20% since I use the same establishments over and over, it generally ensures I always have a good table.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• Progressive Disneylander

I don't like the idea of included tips. It becomes something other than a tip -- maybe a service fee of sorts -- when you force me to pay X.X% on my bill.

A 'tip' is something I elect to give a server based on how I perceived my service to be. Personally, I average about 20% gratuity, but whether I round up or down from that 20% (since you rarely can nail 20% exactly without using small bills and/or change when paying with cash) depends on the quality of my service.

This new rule may cause there to be less incentive to be a great server. I mean, you could give your least effort now and you're still getting as much tip as the person who bends over backwards for their tables. Seems unfair and unmotivational.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123