Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

One day at Disney World! What should I choose?

OK I have a spur of the moment weekend trip to Disney.. I don't know if i will have time Sunday to go to a park or not.. but i should have all day Saturday.. I have been to Disney World quite a few times... and I am deciding between EPCOT for the wine & food festival which i have never seen or been to before... or should i go to Magic Kingdom and check out the new Haunted Mansion and have a good time there? its a tough decision, i am leaning towards Magic Kingdom.

Disney: true inspiration!

•   

Re: One day at Disney World! What should I choose?

It is a tough decision, but if you are leaning towards the MK, then I would recommend going there. The HM does not disappoint, and, it is likely that some or all of the Christmas decorations will be up by then.

Have a great time whatever you decide!

• World Traveler

I'd go to Epcot. But that's just me.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Do both? I say get a parkhopper, start at MK, do mansion and finish the day with some nice lamb from Epcot

• Little Miss Sunshine

I would actually start at Epcot (or start at the MK and then head over to Epcot for lunch). The evening will be SLAMMED. Then head back to the MK after you eat.

If I had to choose just one of the two parks, I almost would always go with Epcot. But the Haunted Mansion is wonderful, and so is the Food and Wine. I'd get the hopper.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

hmm the park hopper seems pretty expensive for one day.. i think i am goign to look more into the food/wine festival.. HM will always be around =) I also didn't get to ride Soarin last time i went and i have never been on it. At least this is a decision I will not regret either way. I know I will be happy to spend a day in Disney! Thanks for your help everyone

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by prince_david View Post
    hmm the park hopper seems pretty expensive for one day.. i think i am goign to look more into the food/wine festival.. HM will always be around =) I also didn't get to ride Soarin last time i went and i have never been on it. At least this is a decision I will not regret either way. I know I will be happy to spend a day in Disney! Thanks for your help everyone
    Start the Food and Wine by around noonish if you can. The lines at night really can be so long. I think that is a great idea, though (going to Epcot!) Also, both parks might be more crowded than normal with Super Soap Weekend being at MGM this weekend.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• I'll Break your Thumbs!!

I would get a parkhopper like Summer said, and I would try to just do a whirlwind tour of each park... start at AK hit Everest, then go to MGM and get on ToT and Aerosmith, then go to Epcot and go on Mission Space and Test Track, then finish off at MK with the rides there and Wishes...

• Little Miss Sunshine

$125 is a lot for one day at the parks, unless you aren't coming back for a long time. If you were planning on coming back within a year, I'd probably say spring for an annual pass (though they have gone up so much in price in the last couple of years).

It was so nice when they had the regular park hoppers that didn't expire (without paying extra for the non-expire portion).
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

I still have not decided.. but I am going to be heading out now.. doing the long drive over from Birmingham, I will let you all know what i decided later. I am really glad to be getting back over to Disney this year, even for just a day

•   

Quote Originally Posted by prince_david View Post
    doing the long drive over from Birmingham, I will let you all know what i decided later.
    I just did that this week! I was in Hartselle for a day. I drove up following the directions given by mapquest and then I drove back taking the interstates. The return trip was longer in miles, but it took less time. Either way, it's a long drive. Have fun.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Have fun with whatever you decide!!!
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by nbodyhome View Post
    $125 is a lot for one day at the parks, unless you aren't coming back for a long time. If you were planning on coming back within a year, I'd probably say spring for an annual pass (though they have gone up so much in price in the last couple of years).

It was so nice when they had the regular park hoppers that didn't expire (without paying extra for the non-expire portion).
    Wow, it's up to that much? Geez, go to Epcot, enjoy the festival, spend the difference on the food. :P

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Wow, it's up to that much? Geez, go to Epcot, enjoy the festival, spend the difference on the food. :P
    I don't have the exact prices in front of me, but it's about $76 for a one day base ticket, and $47 for a hopper add-on (approx). So just about $125.00!

I would also go for Epcot and use the rest for food and wine. Or towards an AP if coming in again within the year. That is SO much money just for a one-day pass.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Well I had a really great time this weekend! thank for y'alls help! I actually got in for free which was wonderful! One of our friends works at chef mickey's and took us in to the magic kingdom! I kind of wish i park hopped over to EPCOT for a bit to check out the festival since the tickets had a park hopper on it, but I got to do everything I wanted at the Magic Kingdom! I really loved the new Haunted Mansion, rode on it twice! I really wish I knew what was behind that one door that is bulging with a green light behind it! If I somehow end up in the haunted mansion when I die maybe I can go see who is behind that door, must be a fun party!

I also spent some time in downtown disney.

There were lots of chalk artists out, and the art work was beautiful!

My friend made her own chalk drawing of Ariel, which came out beautifully.

It really was a lot of driving, and next time iw ill take that advice of taking the highways. A coworkers dad drives trucks from Birmingham to Orlando and says on the interstates it takes 7 and half hours, which is an hour less time then my trip was!
    I definitely plan to go back again soon.. maybe in the winter or spring. It was nice seeing the park full of the Christmas spirit on main street

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast