• Nutty about Disney parks

least complex moderate or value resort

So all of the moderate and value resorts at WDW have a lot of transportation and design issues (especially the moderate resorts that insist on being widely scattered).

So in matters of transportation and walking convenience which of the moderate or value resorts would be the least biggest pain? I got a couple of family/friend parties coming next month and theyre all very picky about inconvenience. But on tight budgets, it's hard to find convenience aint it? Especially with the stupid transportation system here.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Little Miss Sunshine

Re: least complex moderate or value resort

I actually prefer having a resort more spread out, but I'd say to go with the Port Orleans French Quarter. It is very compact.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I'd say either Port Orleans French Quarter or Pop Century.

• Pixiedust?

Port Orleans French Quarter

.. a dream is a wish your heart makes

• Circle of Ancients

Out of the 3 moderates I've stayed at, French Quarter is the least spread out. But ... even though the Carribbean is spread out, they have more than the 1 bus-stop if you are using resort transport.

Riverside is somewhere in the middle. Not as big as Carribbean, and also has multiple bus stops.

Not sure about Coronado Springs or the Values as we haven't used them. Sorry.

• Little Miss Sunshine

I wasn't terribly impressed with the Pop Century bus service this past September, it seemed like we were always the last picked up (as other buses kept going by). And with long lines. I finally just started driving my car.

I do like the resort very much, though.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

I never had a problem with Pop Century transportation, never waited more than 15-20 minutes for a bus. I just got back, well 2 months ago from a stay at Port Orleans French Quarter, while I loved the resort, sharing buses with Port Orleans Riverside was definitely a downfall. The only good thing is that you are picked up first and dropped off first, that is if your driver remembers to stop at POFQ first, DUH!
    Last edited by Mary; 11-10-2007 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary View Post
    I never had a problem with Pop Century transportation, never waited more than 15-20 minutes for a bus. I just got back, well 2 months ago from a stay at Port Orleans French Quarter, while I loved the resort, sharing buses with Port Orleans Riverside was definitely a downfall. The only good thing is that you are picked up first and dropped off first, that is if your driver remembers to stop at POFQ first, DUH!

Thanks for the tips. It's actually a tough choice between the two Port Orleans Resorts actually. While Riverside is much more prettier looking, I would have to agree that FQ would probably work out better, especially with the buses as a concern.

I forgot to ask, how's the parking situation. What are the chances of getting a room for my family where the car can be parked right infront of the room?

• Circle of Ancients

The parking lots at all of the resorts are actually pretty easy. But there are certain buildings at FQ that aren't connected to a parking lot.

Riverside does have some rooms that the car is directly outside, as does Carribbean to an extent. French Quarters parking lots are somewhat separated.

Parking for French Quarter:

We were in building 7 (room 7101 to be exact) and it was VERY close to the parking lot right there.

Generally in the morning I would go get the car and pull up to the roundabout in front and everybody would get in from there.

IMO, building 7, from what I saw is one of the easier buildings to access your car from, but it's the furthest from the food court (which isn't really as far away as say, Carribbean Beach).

As for Riverside, our room was on the inside, closest to the river, so it was a little bit of a walk to the nearest parking lot. Well, at least until we figured out the most direct path.

If parking is a priority for you, I'd definately ask for a room that is close to one of the parking lots to minimize your walk.

If we stay at FQ again, we will be requesting the same room as before.

Also, FQ does have 3 floors, and from what I saw, only 1 (maybe 2) elevators per building. You may want to also request a ground floor room although I'm sure the view from the 3rd floor is pretty good. We could see Illuminations from our room each night. I'm sure you could see it better from up higher.

But there is nothing against you walking up to the 3rd floor to watch, even though you may be on the 1st floor. LOL.
    Last edited by sir clinksalot; 11-10-2007 at 10:28 AM.

• Child Star Has Been

I had a wonderful stay at the French quarter and was able to get around very well, where as I confuse easily.
    ~Heather~

You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious.

I am everyone's friend.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

When I stayed at Pop Century last weekend, I was in the 70's building, but they told me to park int he 90's lot as it was closer to where my room was located. Boy were they right! Plus my building was located right next door to Classic Hall (the main building that has check in/out, the food court, shop, arcade...) and the bus stop so it took me maybe 5 minutes or less to get to the bus stop from my room. Piece of cake!

Well my mom is known to be very picky about hotels these days. Whenever we are on road trips we would spend a good amount of time looking at different hotels and then having the manager show the room to my mom before she is satisfied. One time my dad told me that they were on a road trip and took three hours to find a hotel room that would satisfy my mom in one city! Any hotel we find has to have been recently renovated for some reason. But since this is Disney, I'm going to convince her to put her trust that Disney means high quality meaning everything will be clean. I know my dad is pushing to book them at a value resort again. However after staying at one with a friend a few weeks ago that smelled of dirty laundry from the moment he checked in, I think my mom would appreciate an upgrade. Going deluxe would be out of the question for my dad but with my cast discount I can get a moderate at a decent price and god willing it will be a clean one so my mom wont be b*tching the whole time.