Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Little Miss Sunshine

Night Photos from WDW (MGM, Boardwalk, S/D)

I was at Disney today to take photos of the Super-Soap Weekend today.

I had heard that the Osborne Lights might go on, so I stayed later. I walked to the Boardwalk, and took photos on the way back. I haven't got these on my site yet (I have several hundred photos to put up, including the Super Soap ones). But here are a few:

I'm still getting used to the nighttime photos again, but it's been fun getting back into it. I hope everyone enjoys them! I was asked today if I was photopass too. I've a photo of a little girl who thought I was, standing and smiling in one of my photos (not any here).
    Last edited by nbodyhome; 11-11-2007 at 06:23 PM.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

•   

Re: Night Photos from WDW (MGM, Boardwalk, S/D)

Wow. Awesome pics!

It's funny, if I had been just a teensy bit more motivated around 5 this evening we would have run into each other. My plan was to take pics of Fantasmic and then night shots of MGM. I will definitely be there tomorrow.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoMatt View Post
    Wow. Awesome pics!

It's funny, if I had been just a teensy bit more motivated around 5 this evening we would have run into each other. My plan was to take pics of Fantasmic and then night shots of MGM. I will definitely be there tomorrow.
    Thanks! I had no plans to stay for the Soap block party, but was glad I was there for the very short fireworks (like 2 minutes!) And the Osborne Lights. They weren't busy at all. Some nice CM's (including one manager) were trying to help me find nice locations to take photos.

My pics will get better, this is only my 3rd time I think out with the tripod this year, after 7 or so years not doing any night photography (almost no photos at all).
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

•   

Were the fireworks from EPCOT? Or did the studios have some sort of show?

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoMatt View Post
    Were the fireworks from EPCOT? Or did the studios have some sort of show?
    There was a couple of minute show for the end of Super Soap today (I would expect tomorrow as well). It was nice, I just didn't realize it was only going to be a couple of minutes!
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• Banned User

mgm looks gorgeous at night. and I can't wait to see the osborne lights. keep up the good work denise and i look forward to seeing the rest.

• Little Miss Sunshine

I just put them up here:

http://www.mousesteps.com/index.php?...d=34&Itemid=65

I'm going to post a new thread for that, since I've got like 100 photos (both day and night), not including the Super Soap weekend pics that I need to work on.

And thanks! I love the Boardwalk at night, and the Swan and Dolphin. I remember hating them when first built, but I LOVE them now. I could live over in the Boardwalk area, I just really enjoy spending time there.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

The GMR one is stunning.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by SomethingWicked451 View Post
    The GMR one is stunning.
    Thank you. I think the Chinese Theater is beautiful at night, without the hat in front of it (the area where I got the fireworks also, that was perfect to get more theater - less hat!)
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• Winter in Oceanside...

Thanks for the nighttime pix! EVERY time I've gone to WDW, it has rained at night every day we were there. Never got a good feel for WDW at night.

Now, what are Osbourne lights??

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY View Post
    Thanks for the nighttime pix! EVERY time I've gone to WDW, it has rained at night every day we were there. Never got a good feel for WDW at night.

Now, what are Osbourne lights??
    You are welcome! I actually LOVE Walt Disney World when it's raining, unless it's like the monsoon we had on the Epcot 25th. My camera also gets very cranky when it rains. But if it's just a normal rain, I think Disney is actually more beautiful with all the puddles and extra light coming off of them.

Jennings Osborne actually has a site (or his family does), and includes the story of the lights. Just click on their story, and scroll down towards the end:

http://www.jenningsosbornefamily.com/mainframe.html
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by nbodyhome View Post
    I was at Disney today to take photos of the Super-Estrogen Weekend (actually, just today - I think next year I'll forgo soap stars for the Festival of the Masters).

I had heard that the Osborne Lights might go on, so I stayed later. I walked to the Boardwalk, and took photos on the way back. I haven't got these on my site yet (I have several hundred photos to put up, including the Super Soap ones). But here are a few:

I'm still getting used to the nighttime photos again, but it's been fun getting back into it. I hope everyone enjoys them! I was asked today if I was photopass too. I've a photo of a little girl who thought I was, standing and smiling in one of my photos (not any here).
    Great pictures Denise...I have to get over there. Guess you also live here in Orlando...Still have some free passes from when I retired from Disney a year ago. Have to use them by the end of December or the expire.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by Lindawdwtravel View Post
    Great pictures Denise...I have to get over there. Guess you also live here in Orlando...Still have some free passes from when I retired from Disney a year ago. Have to use them by the end of December or the expire.
    Hi Linda!

Thanks - I do live here, I've had an annual pass for like 15 years now. Probably longer, I don't keep track of stuff like that. During a year when I couldn't afford one, I still went over to the Boardwalk and walked (I lived close, so I was there a few times a week and would walk for 2 - 3 hours at a time).
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by nbodyhome View Post
    Hi Linda!

Thanks - I do live here, I've had an annual pass for like 15 years now. Probably longer, I don't keep track of stuff like that. During a year when I couldn't afford one, I still went over to the Boardwalk and walked (I lived close, so I was there a few times a week and would walk for 2 - 3 hours at a time).
    Well you've got a great camera there. I've been moving around the Boardwalk area..it's always so lively over there. My favorite place though is the Beach Club followed by Animal Kingdom as far as places to stay. Don't do it often now that I don't work in the res center anymore, we used to get a free stay once in a while if they were running a contest. Now they don't give those out to much and if they do it's usually at the All Stars...LOL I'd rather come home than stay there. Too small..

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by Lindawdwtravel View Post
    Well you've got a great camera there. I've been moving around the Boardwalk area..it's always so lively over there. My favorite place though is the Beach Club followed by Animal Kingdom as far as places to stay. Don't do it often now that I don't work in the res center anymore, we used to get a free stay once in a while if they were running a contest. Now they don't give those out to much and if they do it's usually at the All Stars...LOL I'd rather come home than stay there. Too small..
    Thanks! You don't really need a good camera to take decent shots, mine isn't too fancy. I do like it, though!

I worked back at DRC in 2000/2001, and had a free stay at the AKL during that time. Not for a contest, just for testing it out. My family stayed at the Polynesian every year when I was growing up, but I usually stay at the Pop (which I really like) or Fort Wilderness. The Polynesian is just too pricey for me except for an occasional night here and there. I'd rather spend that type of money to go elsewhere (Paris).
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast