Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

•   

Photomatt Pics and TR - WDW MK 11.12.07 - MVMCP

Howdy.

I don't normally start threads early, but I figured I would try this once and see what the response is. Tomorrow night, 11.12.07, I will be going to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party at the MK. I would like to ask now if there are any requests for pictures or any questions that you would like to have answered. If I know ahead of time I can make sure to take pictures that will have a broader appeal, hopefully, and my post can be more informative. So, ask away!

On a separate note, even though I already have my ticket, I just checked online and tickets for tomorrow's event are not available. I don't know if this means the event is already sold out, or if they have just suspended online sales. I know tomorrow is a holiday, but I'm very surprised that the MVMCP taking place on a Monday in early November is already sold out, if that's the case. Either way, I hope the crowds are not too bad.

One last bit of info, I plan on arriving around 2 or 3 in order to take daytime pictures of the holiday decorations as well. So, if you are looking for something that you want to see during the day, that will also be available.

And finally, expect LOTS and LOTS of pictures of the new lighting on Cinderella's castle. The main reason for going to this event is to see this in person. I will do my best to capture it for everyone else to see.

UPDATE:
    Pictures in the posts below - Here's one to get you started:

Last edited by Dustysage; 11-15-2007 at 07:48 AM. Reason: added "update"

• Little Miss Sunshine

Re: Photomatt Pics and TR - WDW MK 11.12.07 - MVMCP

I don't think they would have sold out, but it is possible that they aren't selling them online now.

I'm looking forward to seeing the castle, and taking pics of it too. It looks like it will be beautiful!
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Banned User

The only reason this event could be so early, is that Veterans' Day is being observed tomorrow (11/12), as it fell on a Sunday.

Have fun and just take million of photos. I'd love to see WDW at Christmas time.

•   

Well...I'm back home now.

WOW!

I think you might say that yourself when you see some of these pics. I am getting them off of my camera now. I took 8GB worth of pictures tonight, which is about 1800 pictures. This post might take awhile.

Just for information purposes, the event was not sold out beforehand. So, I have no idea why they were not available online last night. I heard several CM's say that they expected 22,000 to attend the party. I asked what capacity was and I was told 25,000 for special events - like MVMCP, and 80,000 is the maximum before they close the gates. I expect that to happen several times this holiday season. Please remember, those numbers were given to be by a CM working the party, and the actual numbers may be different.

If you think you are going to go to one of the MVMCP's, buy your tickets NOW! They are going to sell out very fast once word of mouth gets out about the new Cinderella Castle lighting. No, I don't know that for a fact, but based on the numerous conversations I heard in which people talked about coming back to another MVMCP this year, plus the photopass lines, and the general crowd reaction to the MVMCP events, I think this is going to happen. Again, this is just my opinion, but I'm not going to wait to purchase tickets to the next MVMCP I am going to attend.

The pics are still transferring to my computer. I will upload a few "weenies" tonight. It looks pretty good so far!

•   

Here they are...

•   

Here's another...

• Little Miss Sunshine

Very nice photos! I am planning to take pics of the castle this evening, I can't wait to see it in person.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• Banned User

WOW!

Quoting Jesse "The Governor" Ventura "I am impressed, Matthew, and I don't impress easily."

• Disneyholic

Very Nice, what camera/lens and settings did you use?
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• Banned User

i thought the castle lighting goes on around 5 pm so you don't have to go to the party to enjoy the castle lights. great pictures!!! the fireworks behind the castle are almost too much. I have to admit I love the castle lights. I hear they actually twinkle.

• Mickey is not my Brother

Amazing shots, the one with the Partners is my new background

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95 View Post
    i thought the castle lighting goes on around 5 pm so you don't have to go to the party to enjoy the castle lights. great pictures!!! the fireworks behind the castle are almost too much. I have to admit I love the castle lights. I hear they actually twinkle.
    5:45 is the time, so it will be nice not having to pay for the event to see them!
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• World Traveler

Excellent photos! Thanks so much.

•   

Howdy again.

I am just now about to finish uploading the first 4GB of pics. The total number of pictures taken yesterday from 3 - 12 was 1925. That really is not a big deal, considering that many of those camera clicks were for bracketing purposes. I discovered a feature that my camera has and I fell in love with it. For those who do not already know, bracketing allows you to take multiple pictures with different exposure settings. For example, if the meter suggests one setting, you can tell the camera to take more pictures above and below the recommended setting. So, when I was taking pictures of the lighting ceremony I set the camera to go two exposure settings up and two exposure settings down. Yes, I could get more technical, but I want to make it so that everyone understands. Then, I set my camera to take pictures continuously at a high speed. So, when I held down the shutter release, the camera would keep shooting. I would hold the shutter down long enough to take 5 pictures, which completed the cycle I had set. By doing this it almost guarantees you will get a good shot. I will post examples of this when I get to the castle lighting ceremony.

The first pictures I took are not from the party, since I arrived before that.

Here we go!

This garland is near the ticket booths at the TTC.

Don't wait! Buy your tickets now.

Gratuitous DVC update pic.

No, the park was not empty. The crowds were all inside the park waiting for the parade.

I know this picture does not really belong here since the party is several hours away at this point. But, I don't want to forget to post it.

The parade is next.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast