Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Partner

Yak and Yeti Now Open!!!

Just wanted to let everyone know that both the sit-down restaurant and the counter service location at the Yak and Yeti restaurant in Animal Kingdom are now open. www.wdwnewstoday.com will have pictures and information later tonight.

So is anyone else surprised that they made the second deadline???
    Webmaster of WDW News Today
    Host of the WDW News Today Podcast
    Visit us at

Re: Yak and Yeti Now Open!!!

So you can't make Priority Seating arrangements right?

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    So you can't make Priority Seating arrangements right?
    No, you can't do that yet.

I called yesterday and this is what I was told.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    I tried to make a reservation for it for my January visit but the CM said no, not yet. I asked when and he said he wasn't sure. He paused and then said... "You will probably see the information on unofficial Disney sites first." I bit my tongue. But then he told me Dec 3rd for guests arriving starting Jan 4th.
    So December 3rd will be the day that will begin.

• Disneyholic

Menu has been posted on the DIS site... http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dinin...taurant.ID=473

Anandapur Yak & Yeti Restaurant MENU
    NOTE: All menu items/prices are subject to change

NOTE: * Indicates buffet item and cost represents total cost of buffet.
    Menu is subject to change.

Lunch (Updated: 11/07)
    Appetizers/Starter

Dim Sum Basket - Pork pot stickets, shrimp siew mai, cha su bao & pork siew mai steamed on a banana leaf and served with soy lime dipping sauce. - $12.99
    Lettuce Chips - Minced chicken breast, chopped veggies, maple tamarind sauce, and crisp lettuce cups. - $10.99
    Pork Egg Rolls - Served with chili plum dipping sauce. - $7.99
    Pork Pot Stickers - Pan seared or steamed with soy lime dipping sauce. - $7.49
    Prawn Flavored Crisps - Served with peanut sauce. - $4.99
    Seared Ahi Tuna - Chilled, sesame-encrusted ahi tuna, wasabi aioli, and sweet chili slaw. - $9.99
    Steamed Mussels - Fresh Prince Edward Isle black mussels, white wine, lemon grass, and Thai basil-scented broth.
    Wok-Fried Green Beans - Battered green beans with sweet Thai chili sauce. - $6.99

Soups/Salads

House Salad - Romaine and iceberg lettuce, almonds, sesame seeds and sesame dressing. - $5.99
    Mandarin Chicken Salad - Chilled chicken, romaine and iceberg lettuce, Mandarin oranges, almonds, sesame seeds, rice noodles and plum dressing. - $11.99
    Wonton Soup - Pork wontons, clear chicken broth and veggies. - $4.99

Entree/Main Course

Baby Back Ribs - Slow-roasted ribs, hoisin BBQ sauce, chicken fried rice, and sweet chili slaw. - $22.99
    Crispy Honey Chicken - Tempura chicken, broccoli, carrots and honey sauce. - $15.99
    Crispy Mahi Mahi - Filet of mahi mahi, Japanese bread crumbs, Cantonese sweet and sour sauce, jasmine rice and stir-fried veggies. - $19.99
    Duck With Anandapur Glaze - Roasted half duckling, orange wasabi glaze, jasmine rice, and stir-fried veggies. - $21.99
    Lo Mein - Lo mein noodles, carrots, cabbage, green onions and bean sprouts. Served with chicken $14.99 or with Shrimp $16.99
    Maple Tamarind Chicken - Seared chicken breast, Indonesian tamarind glaze, coconut-ginger rice, baby bok choy, and shiitake mushroom stir-fry. - $17.99
    Pho - Lemon grass-scented broth, poached shrimp, rice noodles, and traditional Vietnamese garnishes. - $16.99
    Seared Miso Salmon - Atlantic salmon in a miso glaze, jasmine rice, baby bok choy and shiitake mushroom stir-fry. - $20.99
    Shaoxing Steak & Shrimp - Skirt steak, tempura-battered shrimp, jasmine rice, stir-fried veggies, and chili plum dipping sauce. - $22.99
    Stir-Fried Beef & Broccoli - Flank steak, broccoli and a brown sauce. - $16.99
    Sweet & Sour Chicken or Pork - Tempura chicken or pork, ginger, garlic, bell peppers, and pineapple. - $15.99
    Tempura Shrimp - Chili plum sauce, coconut-ginger rice, and stir-fried veggies. - $18.99

Side Dish

Selection of Sides - Choose from House Stir-Fried Veggies, Pork Egg rolls, and Chicken fried rice for $4.99 each. Wok-fried Green Beans $3.99 and Steamed rice (jasmine or brown) $2.99.

Dinner (Updated: 11/07)
    Appetizers/Starter

Dim Sum Basket - Pork pot stickets, shrimp siew mai, cha su bao & pork siew mai steamed on a banana leaf and served with soy lime dipping sauce. - $12.99
    Lettuce Chips - Minced chicken breast, chopped veggies, maple tamarind sauce, and crisp lettuce cups. - $10.99
    Pork Egg Rolls - Served with chili plum dipping sauce. - $7.99
    Pork Pot Stickers - Pan seared or steamed with soy lime dipping sauce. - $7.49
    Prawn Flavored Crisps - Served with peanut sauce. - $4.99
    Seared Ahi Tuna - Chilled, sesame-encrusted ahi tuna, wasabi aioli, and sweet chili slaw. - $9.99
    Steamed Mussels - Fresh Prince Edward Isle black mussels, white wine, lemon grass, and Thai basil-scented broth. - $9.99
    Wok-Fried Green Beans - Battered green beans with sweet Thai chili sauce. - $6.99

Soups/Salads

House Salad - Romaine and iceberg lettuce, almonds, sesame seeds and sesame dressing. - $5.99
    Mandarin Chicken Salad - Chilled chicken, romaine and iceberg lettuce, Mandarin oranges, almonds, sesame seeds, rice noodles and plum dressing. - $11.99
    Wonton Soup - Pork wontons, clear chicken broth and veggies. - $4.99

Entree/Main Course

Baby Back Ribs - Slow-roasted ribs, hoisin BBQ sauce, chicken fried rice, and sweet chili slaw. - $22.99
    Crispy Honey Chicken - Tempura chicken, broccoli, carrots and honey sauce. - $15.99
    Crispy Mahi Mahi - Filet of mahi mahi, Japanese bread crumbs, Cantonese sweet and sour sauce, jasmine rice and stir-fried veggies. - $19.99
    Duck With Anandapur Glaze - Roasted half duckling, orange wasabi glaze, jasmine rice, and stir-fried veggies. - $21.99
    Lo Mein - Lo mein noodles, carrots, cabbage, green onions and bean sprouts. Served with chicken $14.99 or with Shrimp $16.99
    Maple Tamarind Chicken - Seared chicken breast, Indonesian tamarind glaze, coconut-ginger rice, baby bok choy, and shiitake mushroom stir-fry. - $17.99
    Pho - Lemon grass-scented broth, poached shrimp, rice noodles, and traditional Vietnamese garnishes. - $16.99
    Seared Miso Salmon - Atlantic salmon in a miso glaze, jasmine rice, baby bok choy and shiitake mushroom stir-fry. - $20.99
    Shaoxing Steak & Shrimp - Skirt steak, tempura-battered shrimp, jasmine rice, stir-fried veggies, and chili plum dipping sauce. - $22.99
    Stir-Fried Beef & Broccoli - Flank steak, broccoli and a brown sauce. - $16.99
    Sweet & Sour Chicken or Pork - Tempura chicken or pork, ginger, garlic, bell peppers, and pineapple. - $15.99
    Tempura Shrimp - Chili plum sauce, coconut-ginger rice, and stir-fried veggies. - $18.99

Side Dish

Selection of Sides - Choose from House Stir-Fried Veggies, Pork Egg rolls, and Chicken fried rice for $4.99 each. Wok-fried Green Beans $3.99 and Steamed rice (jasmine or brown) $2.99.

Snack (Updated: 11/07)
    Dessert

Chocolate Brownie Sundae - Chunks of brownie, vanilla ice cream, chocolate and caramel sauces, and fresh whipped cream. - $7.99 - Chunks of brownie, vanilla ice cream, chocolate and caramel sauces, and fresh whipped cream. - $7.99
    Fried Wontons - Skewers of fresh pineapple and cream cheese wontons with vanilla ice cream and honey vanilla drizzle. - $7.99 - Skewers of fresh pineapple and cream cheese wontons with vanilla ice cream and honey vanilla drizzle. - $7.99
    Mango Pie - Shortbread cookie crust, fresh whipped cream and a raspberry sauce. - $6.99 - Shortbread cookie crust, fresh whipped cream and a raspberry sauce. - $6.99
    Sorbet - Choose from mango, lemon and raspberry. - $5.99 - Choose from mango, lemon and raspberry. - $5.99
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• Circle of Ancients

Wow, for some reason I wasn't expecting that big of a menu.

Sounds yummy.

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Wow, for some reason I wasn't expecting that big of a menu.

Sounds yummy.

Well from what I have read it's not a "Disney" restaurant rather its run but the same parent company as T-Rex and Rain forest Cafe, so that may be the reason for the extensive menu... That or they plan to drop a few of the items depending on how well they sell to theme park guests...
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerren View Post
    Well from what I have read it's not a "Disney" restaurant rather its run but the same parent company as T-Rex and Rain forest Cafe, so that may be the reason for the extensive menu... That or they plan to drop a few of the items depending on how well they sell to theme park guests...
    Yes, I believe they are an Operating Participant like a number of other dining and merchandise locations are.

Thanks for posting the menu!

• Yes?

The menu is much more on the Asian side than I expected for Disney. Good to see they are trying to stay in theme with the surrounding area.
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by Imaginationeer View Post
    Just wanted to let everyone know that both the sit-down restaurant and the counter service location at the Yak and Yeti restaurant in Animal Kingdom are now open. www.wdwnewstoday.com will have pictures and information later tonight.

So is anyone else surprised that they made the second deadline???

Not suprised at all, I was pretty sure last week that they were going to be on schedule. I should have more than 100 photos up in the next hour or so.

I saw Joe Rhode, that was AWESOME! Oh - and the restaurant does NOT take DDE right now. They may not at all.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• May the F=ma be with you

Quote Originally Posted by Jerren View Post

Yes, it is run by Landrys.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Eggrolls from counter service = AWESOME

• Main Street with a friend

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb View Post
    Eggrolls from counter service = AWESOME
    That's what I was thinking too.
    "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
    - Walt Disney

•