Thread: Disney Dollar

Disney Dollar

Does anybody know where I can get Disney Dollars at WDW?

• Disneyholic

Re: Disney Dollar

Most resorts and Guest services locations in the parks will have them for exchange, you can also buy them at most Disney Stores prior to the trip.

I got $100 in free Disney dollars when I booked the trip with Magical Travel (www.magicaltravel.com) and they also give them to you as your deposit when you return strollers, wheelchair, and rental ECV's.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• Back to WDW soon!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerren View Post
    Most resorts and Guest services locations in the parks will have them for exchange, you can also buy them at most Disney Stores prior to the trip.

I got $100 in free Disney dollars when I booked the trip with Magical Travel (www.magicaltravel.com) and they also give them to you as your deposit when you return strollers, wheelchair, and rental ECV's.
    Just wanted to say have a great trip tommorrow!
    I will look forward to hearing all about it when you get back and by then it won't be long before i'm off on my trip!

• Disneyholic

You probably will not have to wait, I'm taking my laptop and wireless broadband card I'll probably be posting the TR while I'm down there.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• Nutty about Disney parks

Are Disney dollars really worth anything?

If that scene from The Simpsons episode "Itchy & Scratchy Land" has taught us anything, it's that you should never trust money that's 'fun'.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    Are Disney dollars really worth anything?

If that scene from The Simpsons episode "Itchy & Scratchy Land" has taught us anything, it's that you should never trust money that's 'fun'.
    You are joking right? Aren't you a CM?

Dagobert, Disney dollars can be purchased at any of the guest relations desks at all the themeparks. They can also be bought in Downtown Disney at their guest relations desk and World of Disney Store, also at Disney Stores in malls across the country. They are available in 1,5, and 10 dollar denominations are each dollar value is the equivilant to one USA dollar. While it may be "funny money" it is essentially a gift certificate that can be used as cash anywhere at WDW, DL and Disney Stores in the US. They do not however give change back, if necessary, in Disney Dollars it is given in back in US dollars.

Newer electronic gift cards are also available now but in my opinion I'd rather have the Disney Dollars when I go.
    Last edited by Disney Magic; 11-16-2007 at 10:27 AM. Reason: typo

Thanks for your answers, especially DisneyMagic.

Should be available at all the resorts too just check at the desk in the lobby. They are definatly available at the hotels with the concierge desk.

• Shubisha

I was cleaning my mom's house and found a disney dollar from 1987 =D. Now it's worth... 1 dollar =D

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagobert View Post
    Does anybody know where I can get Disney Dollars at WDW?
    Guest Relations and Disney Resorts Front Desk.

They are also available (unless people come in and buy $300 at at time in a big rush before fall breaks, Christmas, or Spring break. ) at your local Disney Store.

They are available in $1, $5 and $10 denominations. Currently they have the 20th anniversary of the Disney Dollar/Year of a Million Dreams ones for 2007 plus the Pirates Dollars (exclusive to the parks.)

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Magic View Post

Dagobert, Disney dollars can be purchased at any of the guest relations desks at all the themeparks. They can also be bought in Downtown Disney at their guest relations desk and World of Disney Store, also at Disney Stores in malls across the country. They are available in 1,5, and 10 dollar denominations are each dollar value is the equivilant to one USA dollar. While it may be "funny money" it is essentially a gift certificate that can be used as cash anywhere at WDW, DL and Disney Stores in the US. They do not however give change back, if necessary, in Disney Dollars it is given in back in US dollars.

Newer electronic gift cards are also available now but in my opinion I'd rather have the Disney Dollars when I go.
    Not everyone works merchandise.

But yes, exactly what you said. The newer Disney gift cards work just about everywhere (more places at WDW than DLR since DLR isn't as electronic just yet.) Those are also available at merchandise locations or your local Disney Store. And yes, these work at the parks and the stores. (Originally they did not.)

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Magic View Post

Sorry, you'll have to pardon my over imagination. I was unaware that Disney dollars were gift certificates. I'm only aware of the gift certificate cards that they have, you know?
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!