Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1

    • Disneyholic
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,621

    Osborne Family Dancing Lights!

    Greetings from WDW! I'll do a trip report soon but wanted to share some video I took last night at MGM...


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<obje...mbed></object>
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

  2. #2

    • FuseMP
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Hoddesdon, United Kingdom
    Posts
    355

    Re: Osborne Family Dancing Lights!

    wow, ive never watched any of the videos of this before, do they not have any problems with guests suffering from epilepsy
    CoHost of the Dedicated to DLP Podcast, part of the MiceChat MicePod Network
    www.facebook.com/FuseMP
    www.twitter.com/FuseMP

  3. #3

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    12.5 minutes from Disneyland
    Posts
    14,009
    Blog Entries
    9

    Re: Osborne Family Dancing Lights!

    Thanks for posting the great video. WOW! This must be amazing to see in person. Where is this in the park? I was there a few years ago, but I don't recognize the street. And why are they calling it the Osborne Family lights? Which Osbornes are these? Ozzie?

    Sorry for the questions. This is the first time I've seen these, and I think they're amazing.

  4. #4

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, In
    Posts
    292

    Re: Osborne Family Dancing Lights!

    Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan View Post
    Thanks for posting the great video. WOW! This must be amazing to see in person. Where is this in the park? I was there a few years ago, but I don't recognize the street. And why are they calling it the Osborne Family lights? Which Osbornes are these? Ozzie?

    Sorry for the questions. This is the first time I've seen these, and I think they're amazing.
    I think the area that these lights are in is towards Muppet Vision 3D and Mama Melrose's Italian Restaurant. New York Street is it? I'm not good with MGM "street" names, so I'm probably wrong, but I do know how to get there without the map.

    It's actually based on a real family. I forget what state the Osborne family was from..... but it had something to do with this family not being able to put up all of the Christmas lights that they wanted to...? Type them into Google and I'm sure you will get the info on them.

    Anyhow, thanks for posting that video. It was so cool!!! I wish I could get down to WDW for all of the Christmas fun, but I can't. My parents went down last year the day after Thanksgiving. Lucky, lucky, lucky!
    - Larisa

    Everybody neat and pretty? Then, on with the show! -MMC


  5. #5

    • Frustrated A/V Engineer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,351

    Re: Osborne Family Dancing Lights!

    Quote Originally Posted by StrongStyle View Post
    wow, ive never watched any of the videos of this before, do they not have any problems with guests suffering from epilepsy
    Epilepsy is only triggered by lights flashing at multiples of 3 per second. As one who's had to deal with it since childhood, I really enjoy the Osborne lights, although they can get a bit overwhelming at times.

  6. #6

    • FuseMP
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Hoddesdon, United Kingdom
    Posts
    355

    Re: Osborne Family Dancing Lights!

    really? its that specific? wow, learn something new every day
    CoHost of the Dedicated to DLP Podcast, part of the MiceChat MicePod Network
    www.facebook.com/FuseMP
    www.twitter.com/FuseMP

  7. #7

    • Frustrated A/V Engineer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,351

    Re: Osborne Family Dancing Lights!

    Yup. Has something to do with the frequency of the brain and the optic nerve. I know from long experience that whenever a strobe starts to go off, I'll dive down and put an arm over my eyes, then peak out slowly and see if I'm going to have a problem. It can get a little scary at concerts sometimes, but I've learned to deal with it.

  8. #8

    • Purple Crates ♥
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Boca Raton, FL for another year :(
    Posts
    3,951

    Re: Osborne Family Dancing Lights!

    That's pretty freaking sweet! Thanks for putting that up! Hope you all are having a great time!

  9. #9

    • Back to WDW soon!!!!!!!!!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    179

    Re: Osborne Family Dancing Lights!

    Thanks for sharing this with us Jerren, can't wait to see the lights for myself in 3 weeks time!

  10. #10

    • Woot!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    in the pirate game lobby
    Posts
    2,275

    Re: Osborne Family Dancing Lights!

    WOw that is so cool!

    lol "Can you help me daddy?"
    "No"
    *Thecoolestaw*

  11. #11

    •   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Now a WDW Local!
    Posts
    20,520
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Osborne Family Dancing Lights!

    someday I'll get to see them!
    ty for the vid!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...





  12. #12

    • Can't get enough!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    810

    Re: Osborne Family Dancing Lights!

    how often do the lights "dance" each night?





    It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

  13. #13

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Golden State
    Posts
    1,535

    Re: Osborne Family Dancing Lights!

    Quote Originally Posted by thecoolestaw16 View Post
    WOw that is so cool!

    lol "Can you help me daddy?"
    "No"
    I want my cake back!

  14. #14

    • Disney Memory Maker
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Kissimmee, Florida, United States
    Posts
    8,671

    Re: Osborne Family Dancing Lights!

    Quote Originally Posted by thecoolestaw16 View Post
    WOw that is so cool!

    lol "Can you help me daddy?"
    "No"
    I cracked up at the exact same thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    Epilepsy is only triggered by lights flashing at multiples of 3 per second. As one who's had to deal with it since childhood, I really enjoy the Osborne lights, although they can get a bit overwhelming at times.
    Not true. It is a specific number, but it is specific to the person and varies between people who have photosensitive epilepsy.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

  15. #15

    • Disneyholic
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,621

    Re: Osborne Family Dancing Lights!

    Quote Originally Posted by Risa View Post
    I think the area that these lights are in is towards Muppet Vision 3D and Mama Melrose's Italian Restaurant. New York Street is it? I'm not good with MGM "street" names, so I'm probably wrong, but I do know how to get there without the map.

    It's actually based on a real family. I forget what state the Osborne family was from..... but it had something to do with this family not being able to put up all of the Christmas lights that they wanted to...? Type them into Google and I'm sure you will get the info on them.

    Anyhow, thanks for posting that video. It was so cool!!! I wish I could get down to WDW for all of the Christmas fun, but I can't. My parents went down last year the day after Thanksgiving. Lucky, lucky, lucky!
    The story is they are from a family in Utah that did it every year adding more and more lights to the house each year... Must be one heck of a large house! The lights cover the cross streets in the backlog area, all of NY and the cross streets there are literally covered in lights and they have fack snow falling. All the CM's are dancing and wearing scarves etc, and they sell Hot Chocolate in light up suvineer mugs for around 12$. Its quite the experience!

    Quote Originally Posted by tayakaleb View Post
    how often do the lights "dance" each night?
    I Didn't really time it but it was about every 10 mins or so they have it set up as a fake radio station that would tell you info about the lights etc then they dance.

    I have a couple more songs I'll post when we get home, my wife managed to miss a step at the electric umbrella and break her ankle, we have basically thrown the plans out the window and are trying to get her into a orthopedic today...
    Last edited by Jerren; 11-20-2007 at 06:40 AM.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Best spot to watch the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights?
    By BigmacX in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-23-2006, 07:11 AM
  2. Osborne Spectacle of Dancing Lights Update
    By captsmith84 in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-04-2006, 11:59 PM
  3. Video of Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights
    By KevinYee in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-19-2006, 07:13 PM
  4. The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights
    By jimmybop in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 11-15-2006, 05:39 PM
  5. Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights
    By TheDisneyInquisitor in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-18-2005, 11:45 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •