Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EPCOT Cam

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    (unnofficailly this is pointed that way.... and we could watch it get removed... but only soo far... adn the olde epcot webcam did point at SE... and we could see it get erected i think....)

We'll all have to make sure that when/if the official word comes through, that the wand is coming down we all watch.

• Self Congratulative

You remove that wand, you remove my heart!!

• Know More Than You Should

Quote Originally Posted by Taggart
    You remove that wand, you remove my heart!!
    Better get yourself on a donor list.

But seriously, as is said above, it looks like the wand will be coming down sooner or later.

• Self Congratulative

HAHA, I'm joking. I can't wait for that horrid thing to come down!

BTW, has anyone seen any commercials with Mickey standing on top of Spaceship Earth lately? I remember that in the early 90's it was the coolest thing.

http://www.disneymissionspace.com
    Quote Originally Posted by iAmJacksDLand
    I remember hearing that one of the reasons they did away with the webcams was because of terrorism - I'm not sure how this would directly benefit the terrorists... but...
    The webcams disappeared well before 9/11. I think Disney just saw them as an added expense, and stopped taking care of them.

Someone online had a site with a bunch of archived images and time-lapse loops from the WDW webcams. It was quite an extensive site, too. He had some pics of birds perched in front of the Epcot one, and occasionally when the Epcot one would get bumped somehow, giving a slightly different view.

The interesting shots were the ones when the software would occasionally mess up, and the webcam would be left on all night (normally it would take its' last photo at closing time, then stay with that info until the morning). It was interesting to see the work trucks on Main Street.
    Alas, I can't find that site anymore.

I never remember to check it when the park is actually open, but there *IS* an operating in-park webcam at Epcot.
    There's one in the post-show area of Mission: Space (at least there used to be one) If you log on and play the online Space Race game during park hours, it's supposed to give you a live image of the Space Race game being played in the park. I've physically seem the camera, and seen the "offline/park closed" still image from it online, but I've never played during the day.

I don't have the exact URL for the page, but go to the WDW main page, click on Epcot, and there's a "Space Race" link from there.

Also, for you techies out there, another pair of not-quite-Disney-related webcam you might want to check out are the ones at the Sally Dark Ride company in Jacksonville.
    http://www.sallycorp.com/webcam/webcam_1.htm

Sally Corp. has done some animatronic work for Disney on Ice, as well as some work for Universal.
    It's yet another camera that I keep meaning to log onto during work hours, but forget to. They're high-quality, and update about every 20 seconds.

-Rob
    Last edited by RobS; 02-23-2005 at 02:26 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12