Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Back to WDW soon!!!!!!!!!

Re: Will It Ever Stop? The Slamming of How Magic Kingdom can't compare to Disneyland?

Quote Originally Posted by nbodyhome View Post
    I've visited DL, DLP before), and Epcot is still my park of preference over any.
    Epcot is our favourite park too, i have never been to any other Disney parks but if i did i would miss Epcot a lot.

• Disney Dreams

Re: Will It Ever Stop? The Slamming of How Magic Kingdom can't compare to Disneyland?

I've been a "WDWGirl" since birth. I recently visited DL for the first time ( over the summer ), and I can honestly say that I don't think I've ever made more comparisons in my life. Naturally, having been to WDW so many times, I had many things to compare DL to, including rides, shops, parks overall, food, even fireworks shows. At the end, I was starting to like DL more myself. Of course, WDW still ( and always will ) have a special place in my heart, and neither can honestly be declared "better" for me. I've grown up around WDW, and if other people think WDW is worse than DL, that's their opinion. If other people think WDW is better than DL, that's their opinion too. As someone stated, WDW was made, not to copy DL, but to be created with DL in mind. I felt more of a "homey" (sp?) atmosphere in DL, and I felt Walt's "presence" there. It seemed more like the little town Walt intended on Main Street, and it seemed like everything was just as Walt planned it to be. I can't say that I feel that same way walking around the MK. But I still feel that it was very much influenced by DL, and it's very awesome as well. I'll always compare them both now, but I'll still have a special place for each.

~WDWGirl

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WDWGirl View Post
    ... DL ... WDW... DL ... DL ... WDW ... WDW... WDW... DL ... WDW ... DL ... WDW ... DL ... DL ... MK ... DL
    This is exactly what I was talking about.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Disneyland, Tokyo Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, Hong Kong Disneyland...

with the name walt disney WORLD, people are going to go with huge expectations for EVERYTHING to be better and will automatically make a ton of comparisons. It comes with the territory.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Sock Puppet

You seem to be getting really worked up over nothing. Who cares that people are ribbing the Magic Kingdom? Fire a few back and don't take it so personally.

I personally think Walt Disney World is a terrible tourist trap that doesn't compare to the original Disneyland. A lot of what made WDW unique like Epcot has been ripped out or downgraded. I hate the buses, special ticketed events, and the fact that you're trapped for the most part on Disney property. It seems like every policy at WDW is designed to make it harder for you to enjoy your vacation and the parks. It costs extra to eat on peak days at buffet style restaurants? Sorry, I am never booking a WDW while that policy is in effect.

If my opinion about WDW makes you that angry, you should seek help.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

I don't think it will ever stop. But really, think about it..........Disneyland, here in Anaheim was the actual one that Walt Disney 'played' in.........he walked the territory, chose the land, etc........and because it's the original, I think everyone, generally speaking, will hold it in highest regard - I think.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Pressler69 View Post
    You seem to be getting really worked up over nothing. Who cares that people are ribbing the Magic Kingdom? Fire a few back and don't take it so personally.

I personally think Walt Disney World is a terrible tourist trap that doesn't compare to the original Disneyland. A lot of what made WDW unique like Epcot has been ripped out or downgraded. I hate the buses, special ticketed events, and the fact that you're trapped for the most part on Disney property. It seems like every policy at WDW is designed to make it harder for you to enjoy your vacation and the parks. It costs extra to eat on peak days at buffet style restaurants? Sorry, I am never booking a WDW while that policy is in effect.

If my opinion about WDW makes you that angry, you should seek help.
    Oh Pressler69... tsk tsk tsk. Bringing in the "who cares" method of debate.

Tsk tsk tsk.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    I don't think it will ever stop. But really, think about it..........Disneyland, here in Anaheim was the actual one that Walt Disney 'played' in.........he walked the territory, chose the land, etc........and because it's the original, I think everyone, generally speaking, will hold it in highest regard - I think.
    Walt did chose the land in Florida and plenty believe he designed the resort that opened in 1971.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    When it comes to getting angry about people making fun of your preferred theme park, yeah, the "Who cares?" attitude is right.

•   
    • Main Street VIPs

You know, it's funny...

Right after I read through this thread, I went over to this thread:

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...72#post2359572

wherein Coheteboy says this:

"Coming up: reasons why Florida's Splash Mountain totaly rules."

I'm just sayin'...
    Rick

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post

Tsk tsk tsk.
    The entire premise of your original argument is "who cares".

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

I like the Magic Kingdom.....it's go more speedramps
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    The entire premise of your original argument is "who cares".
    No, sorry, it wasn't. Don't add to what I wrote, what I said or meant is exactly stated.

I just wanted to know why. And Will It ever stop.

I never once made it known that I didn't care about what people thought but that I wanted to know why they felt the need to slam MK and compare it to Disneyland time and time again.

Again, don't add. It's funny because we all care to a degree or no one would be visiting this thread to care enough to respond and debate if well, no one cared or had the "who cares" attitude.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Minion

I don't think making comparisons with another Disney park hurts anybody. We all have wonderful experiences at any single Disney park, regardless of its flaws. That being said, I'm sure we all have a favorite or "best" park in our minds where we have the most fun and enjoy visiting the most. These opinions are all subjective, of course. No one should really take it personally if their favorite park is not someone else's favorite as well. All that matters is your own opinion. Sometimes, a park will receive the majority of the praise and favoritism (Disneyland being the perfect example). The best thing to do would be to accept it and not let it affect your enjoyment at other Disney parks.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

I think the premise of this thread is flawed. We make no more negative comments about Disney World on this site that we did about Disneyland when it was in need of attention. And we still complain more about DCA than we do about anything at WDW. You see more complaining on this site in general, because we have a lot of true blue Disney fans who remember just how high Disney standards once were. And we refuse to settle for less.

I've found that Disney fans (over a certain age) are very fair in their comments about the parks. They aren't afraid to say when something looks run down and stale, and they are equally generous in their praise when they are pleased.

If you are seeing negative comments about WDW, it is because those parks are in need of some TlC right now. And it looks like a lot of the negative attention that those parks are getting is starting to move budgets in the right direction at WDW (just like happened at Disneyland before the 50th and is starting to happen at DCA now).

So if you want to be an apologist for Disney, that is certainly your right, but you'll have much better parks in the future if you stand behind a higher level of entertainment and quality. But, if you give Disney the excuse to cheap out, they often will.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease folks. So if you see something that you don't like - don't bottle it up and say that you love it when you don't. Let Disney know that you aren't happy. If enough people express their displeasure, Disney DOES listen. And when they've finally got it right, be sure to let them know that as well.

Just a tip,

The Dusty Sage
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast