Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

• Welcome Foolish Mortals

Re: Will It Ever Stop? The Slamming of How Magic Kingdom can't compare to Disneyland?

Nope, I think its because of all the empty space...........

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    — Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." —Walt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." —Walt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." —Walt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." —Walt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense — has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." —Walt Disney

• Sock Puppet

Re: Will It Ever Stop? The Slamming of How Magic Kingdom can't compare to Disneyland?

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    We make no more negative comments about Disney World on this site that we did about Disneyland when it was in need of attention.
    Was?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    It's NOT DISNEYLAND. It's Magic Kingdom. It doesn't have to be Disneyland. All it has to be is just Magic Kingdom.
    Going back to the first post here... I agree with you 150%. However, we are also talking about the name "Disney", and the name "Disney" is synonimous with the upmost quality available, is it not? So, if that is the case, then, why is the Magic Kingdom so antiquated as opposed to Disneyland? Why is the Magic Kingdom charging more per day to visit over DL, when in fact, DL has more to offer and a visible level of quality that is not attained at the MK in various similar areas? I am sorry, but I feel the MK needs to be criticized for passing a somewhat lesser experience with the same level of expectation we have from the name Disney, and one that most people clearlypay more for, when in fact DL in CA offers more *everything* for less money. That is my rant. I don't want the MK to be another DL, but I expect the same quality or more for the money paid at the MK. I am not getting that in return at the MK like I do at DL.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Pressler69 View Post
    Sorry, I am never booking a WDW while that policy is in effect.
    Good, less crowds for the rest of us who like WDW.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Going back to the first post here... I agree with you 150%. However, we are also talking about the name "Disney", and the name "Disney" is synonimous with the upmost quality available, is it not?
    I thought "OLC" was the upmost quality.

I agree with Dusty also, but there is one caveat. Disneyland is much more a locals park. What Disney fans say there will go farther than what we say abut WDW. Although it doesn't seem there was enough grease to squeak the Disneyland Gallery wheel, I am SO sorry that closed to the public.

I do say what WDW does right, when it does (much more than saying something is wrong). The castle looks amazing! The Halloween decorations were wonderful too. They did a great job with the Haunted Mansion. The MK isn't my favorite park here, it is my 3rd favorite. (Epcot, AK, MK, MGM). But it's nice to have reasons to visit.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Circle of Ancients

And just to add to my snarky post ...

We LOVE the MK. We weren't expecting to like it so much because it was just a "Bigger Disneyland". But there are so many things there that are different and we love all of them.

But DL and MK are two TOTALLY seperate things. Of course, having EVERYTHING labeled as "Disney Parks" doesn't help seperate them. Disneyland is intimate, quaint, historical and has a HUGE local following. MK is large, sprawling and like has been said, for tourists.

I guess I've never looked at Disneyland and MK as the same thing. I don't see Disneyland as one park anymore. I definately don't look at MK as exclusive from the rest of WDW. It's all one awesome package.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    Oh, please, I can't stand that kind of PC crap. Not everything
    is equal, nor are Disney Magic Kingdoms. One park can be better
    than the other, just weigh out the variables.
    OK. Enough of the PC crap. WDW stinks.
    (dry humor, y'all)

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by nbodyhome View Post
    I thought "OLC" was the upmost quality.
    This is a cultural thing... OLC realizes they have been trusted with the "Disney" brand, and they recognize the quality that is supposed to go with it.. Sometimes, I wish Disney would too.

I do say what WDW does right, when it does (much more than saying something is wrong). The castle looks amazing! The Halloween decorations were wonderful too. They did a great job with the Haunted Mansion. The MK isn't my favorite park here, it is my 3rd favorite. (Epcot, AK, MK, MGM). But it's nice to have reasons to visit.
    I think I have commented on what WDW does right as well.. and I have, especially lately. Sadly, DL still does it better in most areas, but that does not mean we have to abandon WDW. There are good and unique experiences there to be had that even DLR does not offer... reason why we kepp going back.

• Circle of Ancients

There are good and unique experiences there to be had that even DLR does not offer... reason why we kepp going back.
    I think this was the most glaring thing that we noticed.

WDW: Terrific In-Park dining
    DL: Not so much

WDW: Hotels that everybody can afford

WDW: Great Tours, your sure to find one that you will like
    DL: A couple of tours, but who wants a behind the scenes tour of DCA?

You also have to consider, because of the sheer size of WDW it is inherently harder to maintain. Not that this is an excuse by any stretch of the imagination and some things (like throw-up not being cleaned up immediately) is absolutely horrifying.

Remember, it really wasn't that many years ago (until Disney realized they could still make TONS of $$ at Disneyland) that they cleaned up the park. But we went through a few years of shuttered attractions even during Summer in order to get the park we have now.

And even with that, it's not perfect.

Unfortunately, given that WDW is so tourist oriented, having a major attraction closed for any significant amount of time will be hard. But I am encouraged by the extended refurb of HM (better than DL's now) and that they seem to be doing SSE right. Hopefully this bodes well for the future of WDW attractions.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I think this was the most glaring thing that we noticed.

WDW: Terrific In-Park dining

WDW: Great Tours, your sure to find one that you will like
    DL: A couple of tours, but who wants a behind the scenes tour of DCA?
    I actually disagree! I think that Disneylands counter service totally outrules WDW.

WDW might have more affordable hotels, but there are plenty of wonderful hotels within walking distance of DL, ones that are affordable and offer free breakfast and wi-fi (the Candy Cane). I like that I'm not tied to park-owned hotels at Disneyland within a reasonable distance.

I like the Walts Footsteps tour, and got to ride the Lily Belle. I hear the Christmas tour is wonderful too. And you have the Haunted Mansion Holiday!

All in all, I like being near WDW (Epcot especially). But each set of parks can learn from the other. I also like that they don't do the finger scan at DL, it's more personal and quicker the way Disneyland does it. I think the parks compliment each other very well. The Disneyland main park was Walts park, and that is special for that reason. It has a much more urban feel to it, while ours feel more touristy. Then DL Paris is completely different. Why would you want the same experience at each set of parks? It would be interesting to see what would happen if we had more goths this way (like having tea at the GF). You just don't see that here.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by nbodyhome View Post
    I actually disagree! I think that Disneylands counter service totally outrules WDW.
    Really???

At DLR, there are only a few counter-services we eat at with any regularity (Bread Bowl in NOS, Bengal BBQ, Tomorrowland Terrace, Taste Pilots and the 2 places in the wharf area at DCA). Two of the better counter service restaurants have been, or are being converted into sit down because that's something that's lacking in the park.

At MK, we LOVE Pecos Bills, Harbor House and Pinnochio's Village Haus. I think that the TL place (the one with 3 different stations) is good, but needs an overhaul.

I do have to admit though, the only counter-service meals we have had in the parks at WDW are the 4 mentioned above, Seasons in The Land (breakfast only) and Flame-Tree. So I'm not an expert.

But the 3 hotels we have stayed at (Carribbean and both Port Orleans) have had great food courts that are better than any counter service DL has to offer.

• Minion

ORDDU: In the meantime, I'm still waiting to float in the dark through that tunnel of love with you, Micoofy Duck-ling...

• Little Miss Sunshine

At MK, we LOVE Pecos Bills, Harbor House and Pinnochio's Village Haus. I think that the TL place (the one with 3 different stations) is good, but needs an overhaul.
    I don't like any of those really. I do like Redd Rockets, Rancho del Zocalo (had to look that name up, but I liked better when it was the outdoor BBQ!), Plaza Inn, and yummy - Whitewater Snacks! If I'm in the MK, I leave the park to eat most of the time, though the Noodle Station is pretty tasty when open. I'd heard so many bad things about it, but my family enjoyed a meal there last week.

The Pop Century is my favorite food court, and the Pepper Market at Coronado is also excellent. There is very little at Epcot I really like, Sunshine Seasons is too expensive for me on any given day (I usually get some cous cous at Morocco for $2.00).

There is some good counter service at WDW, I just think there is more per square mile at Disneyland. Generally if I'm in the MK, I go to Trails end for lunch - a nice meal, quieter, not much different in price than counter service (especially with my DDE card). Though I try not to eat much at the parks anyway, I live here and can't afford to do that often!
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Whoa whoa whoa hold up a minute... WDW is huge and needs a ton of hotels to support it. But you have to think of just how big WDW is! You can find a hotel in another city outside of Anaheim and it will be CLOSER to Disneyland than even a hotel on WDW property is.

WDW is two times the size of Manhattan. There are PLENTY of hotels near Disneyland to choose from if people choose to do so.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Coming from someone who has never been to WDW, and goes to DL a couple times a week, I'm sure that I will compare MK and DL a lot. I'm sure I will find positives and negatives of MK over DL but more negatives than positives. Reason why? It's not DL, I'm too used to it.

That being said, DCA gets way more complaints on this site than say either MGM Studios, which in my opinion are worse (but hey never been to either so not sure how far that opinion can go).

To end, I've had a lot of Florida MCer's tell me that they love DL more than MK...but MK isn't their favorite park at WDW...and I'm pretty sure most of the WDW fans on here feel the same way. I don't know, tell me I'm wrong.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast