Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

• Little Miss Sunshine

Re: Will It Ever Stop? The Slamming of How Magic Kingdom can't compare to Disneyland?

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa hold up a minute... WDW is huge and needs a ton of hotels to support it. But you have to think of just how big WDW is! You can find a hotel in another city outside of Anaheim and it will be CLOSER to Disneyland than even a hotel on WDW property is.

WDW is two times the size of Manhattan. There are PLENTY of hotels near Disneyland to choose from if people choose to do so.
    Right - that is what I was saying! I spent $134 plus tax this summer for the CCI, within a 10 minute walk of the parks, free wireless (costs at DL), no resort fee (which DL resort hotels have), free breakfast (not available at DL). If you want to walk back and forth from the parks at WDW, you generally have to pay big bucks. And you can get a better price within walking distance from Disneyland than I had, but I was very happy with the CCI.

I stayed at the Pop Century in September, and gave up on Disney transporation after a while. It took hours per day for me to get back and forth. I love that Disneyland is so compact, where I can just "run back" to an OFFSITE hotel.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Will It Ever Stop? The Slamming of How Magic Kingdom can't compare to Disneyland?

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    That being said, DCA gets way more complaints on this site than say either MGM Studios, which in my opinion are worse (but hey never been to either so not sure how far that opinion can go).

To end, I've had a lot of Florida MCer's tell me that they love DL more than MK...but MK isn't their favorite park at WDW...and I'm pretty sure most of the WDW fans on here feel the same way. I don't know, tell me I'm wrong.
    I think you'd be hard-pressed to find any WDW MCers who would say MK is their favorite WDW park. I think most would say EPCOT or AK.

And as far as my personal opinion, as much as I like DCA, I like MGM better. Of course, this will most likely change in the next few years.

• I'll Break your Thumbs!!

I have been to DL and MK several times, and I have to say I am partial to the MK. Here is why:

1. We have a better Castle.
    2. Our tomorrowland (aside from SM) is better (and thats not saying alot, because imo both tomorrowlands stink right now)
    3. MK is bigger, therefore giving more room for people to move around without that much congestion.
    4. Our Theming is much better (I never understood why PotC in DL is in New Orleans)

I am sure there are other reasons I am missing... but I cant think of them right now...

If anyone else wants to add anything go ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    Just read a fun trip report and when they got to talking about Magic Kingdom it was just endless slamming and comparisons of how Magic Kingdom anything isn't as good as Disneyland. Magic Kingdom in Disneyland lover's eyes just treat Magic Kingdom as incomparable to Disneyland.

Why does nearly every Disneyland visitor to Magic Kingdom feel the need to yet again tell everyone how Magic Kingdom isn't Disneyland. Does it make Disneyland lovers happy to always rip apart Magic Kingdom? I can't tell anymore.

It's NOT DISNEYLAND. It's Magic Kingdom. It doesn't have to be Disneyland. All it has to be is just Magic Kingdom.

Disneyland lovers who visit MK just slam MK's rides and/or attractions for not being as good as or better than Disneyland. What if all of Magic Kingdom's rides/attractions were suddenly better than Disneyland, would Disneyland be getting slammed forever and a day because it's not as good as MK?

I just don't understand the reasoning behind every Disneyland visitor to Magic Kingdom detailing how this isn't as good as Disneyland's version. It just bothers me, not sure why.

All I can say is that I first visited Magic Kingdom when I was around 11 years old. It was my first Disney Park experience. I revisited Magic Kingdom a few more times before finally visiting Disneyland for my first time just 2 years ago during the 50th Celebration.

Now when I was there I didn't trash the park in my mind, I thought the castle was small compared to Magic Kingdom but then learned why it was built a certain size and what it means to Walt. I just didn't feel the need to trash, slam, bash Disneyland in anyway and forever compare it to Magic Kingdom.

I treat them as 2 parks, different from one to the other. I treat both Space Mountains as 2 fun experiences. I treat both Splash Mountains as 2 fun different experiences. I treat both Tower of Terrors as 2 very fun different experiences. I freakin' love both versions of Pirates at both parks. I love both for what they are, great rides with great differences.

I don't expect much like others, I just expect a good time and I always get it.

I have never ONCE thought this ride/attraction is better than the other. I'm just happy I have 2 different versions of rides/attractions to enjoy inside the United States.

Now you see where I'm coming from and why I just don't understand the need to bash Magic Kingdom's rides/attractions.

I'd also LOVE TO KNOW why Disneyland Visitors/Lovers feel the need to talk down about Magic Kingdom's rides/attractions. What does this kind of talk or views do for the MiceChat community. What is the purpose of a collective Disneyland community slamming Magic Kingdom's flaws and why it isn't as good as Disneyland.

Discuss. Explain. Defend. Inform. Entertain. Talk.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Parisi View Post
    I have been to DL and MK several times, and I have to say I am partial to the MK. Here is why:

2. Our tomorrowland (aside from SM) is better (and thats not saying alot, because imo both tomorrowlands stink right now)
    3. MK is bigger, therefore giving more room for people to move around without that much congestion.
    4. Our Theming is much better (I never understood why PotC in DL is in New Orleans)

I am sure there are other reasons I am missing... but I cant think of them right now...

If anyone else wants to add anything go ahead.

1. The castle is REALLY impressive but 'better' is all a matter of opinion. Personally, I feel it's TOO big. If they could find a happy medium, that would be my favorite.

2. The only thing better about MK's Tomorrowland is that the People Mover is there and the Astro Orbiter is up high. Everything else is pretty lousy (indy speedway, laugh floor, stitch great escape, space mountain compared to the one in CA, etc etc)

3. MK is bigger because it has to be. There's more visitors. But bigger also means more empty with less to see and do.

4. New Orleans Square trumps everything. There is no valid argument against this.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

That is actually a huge matter of debate...

4. New Orleans Square trumps everything. There is no valid argument against this.
    But Why? You didnt give any examples as to why its better than anything? I mean dont get me wrong, I enjoyed it when I visited DL, but to say it Trumps everything is a bit strong. Also, why is PotC in a building in New Orleans? At least in the MK its in a building that fits the theme of the ride.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

But Why? You didnt give any examples as to why its better than anything? I mean dont get me wrong, I enjoyed it when I visited DL, but to say it Trumps everything is a bit strong. Also, why is PotC in a building in New Orleans? At least in the MK its in a building that fits the theme of the ride.

The quick answer is that there were pirates in New Orleans. Tons of them! Lafitte's Landing is where the Disneyland attraction sets sale. Jean Lafitte just happens to be one of THE pirates of New Orleans.

The location of the ride makes sense.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

The quick answer is that there were pirates in New Orleans. Tons of them! Lafitte's Landing is where the Disneyland attraction sets sale. Jean Lafitte just happens to be one of THE pirates of New Orleans.

The location of the ride makes sense.
    See I didnt know that information... so, at least now that I know that, I can see how it works there....

• Little Miss Sunshine

I have to say, the Paris castle trumps the other 2 I've seen. By far. I do like the DL castle walk-through (which has been closed for years). I also like the height better on ours vs. DL.

New Orleans Square is beautiful at Disneyland. I also like OUR Space Mountain better at WDW - really! I do like the darkness and music at Disneyland, but I also like the ride rougher (waiting for comments on that!). The DL was just too smooth for me, not as much fun. I rode it twice this past trip, I don't need to ride it again. But ours - it feels risky. I love it!
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Out of the 3 Disney Parks I have been to (WDW, DL, and TDL/TDS) I still like the castle at WDW. The one in Tokyo is very similar to the one in WDW. I guess I just like the WDW one because its noticeable. I mean the one in DL, if you take a pic on Main street, you can obscure the castle by just standing in front of it.

Oh well, I guess the OP was right, this is an argument that can have no winner.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Oh well, I guess the OP was right, this is an argument that can have no winner.
    I don't think there SHOULD be a winner. The parks and castles are different and unique, and everyone has their favorites.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• Circle of Ancients

3. MK is bigger because it has to be. There's more visitors. But bigger also means more empty with less to see and do. .
    I've NEVER gotten that impression at MK (that there is less to see and do). And maybe it's because we go to DL so much, but we very rarely spend from open to close at DL which is something we did at the MK earlier this year.

As far as the castle ... MK's is bigger and therefore, IMO, more majestic and castle-like. DL's really doesn't look castle-like to me at all.

I know it's the whole "Forced-Perspective" thing with Main Street, but seriously, how many main streets in turn of the century Missouri have a castle at the end of the street?

Why can't the castle be bigger? as it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    As far as the castle ... MK's is bigger and therefore, IMO, more majestic and castle-like. DL's really doesn't look castle-like to me at all.
    See thats how I feel. When I first saw the castle at DL, I thought it was just someone home. Like a Chalet (is that the word I am looking for). It just didnt seem like a castle. When I look at a castle, I think of castles from Europe and those were all HUGE... so when I see the one in DL, I just think of it as a big house and not a castle.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by nbodyhome View Post
    I also like OUR Space Mountain better at WDW - really! I do like the darkness and music at Disneyland, but I also like the ride rougher (waiting for comments on that!). The DL was just too smooth for me, not as much fun. I rode it twice this past trip, I don't need to ride it again. But ours - it feels risky. I love it!
    I was on your side until you mentioned this!

Aside from DLP's which I have not been to but from what I heard is way better -- I guess I'll have to see. DL's is the best SM. It has nothing to do for me with a smooth ride or not. It has everything to do with the fact that it is smaller and therefore the thrills come mostly from sharp hairpin turms that bank steeply. It makes you feel like you are going 50+ mph when in reality you don't go over 35 or so. There are only a couple small hills in the ride but IMO DL's is much better because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by nbodyhome View Post
    I don't think there SHOULD be a winner. The parks and castles are different and unique, and everyone has their favorites.
    Well said!

DL is smaller and it is more congested. Very true. I have been to the WDW MK and it is big and it works just fine for the context that it is in.

WDW does not need to rely on scale and detail as much as DL does because it is so much bigger. DL relies on this much more because it is so much smaller. This is also advantageous though because it forces the guest to become a part of the surroundings rather than an outside observer just looking at it.

WDW's large size is an advantage. DL's small size is an advantage as well.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post

I know it's the whole "Forced-Perspective" thing with Main Street, but seriously, how many main streets in turn of the century Missouri have a castle at the end of the street?
    Unleash the hounds!

I've said this numerous times and the amount of stretching and justification from 'experts' on the topic here that come up with ideas to defend how they work together is just funny to no end. Just be glad this is in the WDW forum and not the DL forum or the frog king may just come and 'educate' you
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast