Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 108
  1. #76

    • Little Miss Sunshine
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    4,950

    Re: Will It Ever Stop? The Slamming of How Magic Kingdom can't compare to Disneyland?

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I was on your side until you mentioned this!

    Aside from DLP's which I have not been to but from what I heard is way better -- I guess I'll have to see. DL's is the best SM. It has nothing to do for me with a smooth ride or not. It has everything to do with the fact that it is smaller and therefore the thrills come mostly from sharp hairpin turms that bank steeply. It makes you feel like you are going 50+ mph when in reality you don't go over 35 or so. There are only a couple small hills in the ride but IMO DL's is much better because of this.
    Well, DLP's is TOO rough for me, it really hurt my head the last times I went on (it kept banging against the speakers). I don't like their SM. I think the WDW Space Mountain feels faster than DL's. If the Disneyland version had lots of bumps, I'd like it better (but not if it hurt me like DLP!)

    I'm sort of like Goldilocks here. SM Paris - too rough. SM DL - not rough enough. Space Mountain WDW - perfect!

    Oh - I also think Disneyland does GREAT with what land they have. Smaller park, but lots of attractions. More that I like an WDW MK. And they have Toad!
    Denise

    www.mousesteps.com




    Favorite TDL Typo:

    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

  2. #77

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: Will It Ever Stop? The Slamming of How Magic Kingdom can't compare to Disneyland?

    I personally like Cinderella Castle better than Sleeping Beauty Castle. But Disneyland Paris' is definitely my favorite. Every Magic Kingdom has something unique and wonderful about it. Out of the ones I've visited, here is what each does best:

    Disneyland: charm and atmosphere; no other Disney park has been able to surpass this aspect of Disneyland.

    Magic Kingdom: nothing too spectacular or groundbreaking on its own, but a great experience along with the rest of the resort.

    Tokyo Disneyland: best attractions and entertainment, plus the most well maintained; highest quality overall.

    Disneyland Paris: most well themed and detailed of the Magic Kingdoms, but poorly maintained.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~


  3. #78

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: Will It Ever Stop? The Slamming of How Magic Kingdom can't compare to Disneyland?

    Quote Originally Posted by nbodyhome View Post
    Well, DLP's is TOO rough for me, it really hurt my head the last times I went on (it kept banging against the speakers). I don't like their SM. I think the WDW Space Mountain feels faster than DL's. If the Disneyland version had lots of bumps, I'd like it better (but not if it hurt me like DLP!)

    I'm sort of like Goldilocks here. SM Paris - too rough. SM DL - not rough enough. Space Mountain WDW - perfect!

    Oh - I also think Disneyland does GREAT with what land they have. Smaller park, but lots of attractions. More that I like an WDW MK. And they have Toad!
    The original Space Mountain at Disneyland Paris would have easily been the winner but after they changed it to Mission: 2, I'm not so sure now. Last time I rode it, it was indeed very rough and a bit of a head banger. It's quite painful to ride actually, especially with all the inversions. But thematically, it's my favorite still. I love the bronze exterior and think it beats the white facades of the other Space Mountains easily.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~


  4. #79

    • Little Miss Sunshine
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    4,950

    Re: Will It Ever Stop? The Slamming of How Magic Kingdom can't compare to Disneyland?

    Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    The original Space Mountain at Disneyland Paris would have easily been the winner but after they changed it to Mission: 2, I'm not so sure now. Last time I rode it, it was indeed very rough and a bit of a head banger. It's quite painful to ride actually, especially with all the inversions. But thematically, it's my favorite still. I love the bronze exterior and think it beats the white facades of the other Space Mountains easily.

    I think it seems great thematically outside (better than the others), but I have to brace my head and close my eyes, so I miss pretty much the whole ride, in trying not to get a concussion. :-D

    I agree on your summary of the main parks, even though I've not been to TDL.
    Denise

    www.mousesteps.com




    Favorite TDL Typo:

    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

  5. #80

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles & Orange County
    Posts
    21,511

    Re: Will It Ever Stop? The Slamming of How Magic Kingdom can't compare to Disneyland?

    In defense of Disneyland's tiny castle... it was built in 1955 and houses weren't as big as they are now. So there! Though it's perfectly fine to like another castle. I like Disneyland's because it's home.


    Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

    Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

  6. #81

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,572

    Re: Will It Ever Stop? The Slamming of How Magic Kingdom can't compare to Disneyland?

    Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    I personally like Cinderella Castle better than Sleeping Beauty Castle. But Disneyland Paris' is definitely my favorite. Every Magic Kingdom has something unique and wonderful about it. Out of the ones I've visited, here is what each does best:

    Disneyland: charm and atmosphere; no other Disney park has been able to surpass this aspect of Disneyland.

    Magic Kingdom: nothing too spectacular or groundbreaking on its own, but a great experience along with the rest of the resort.

    Tokyo Disneyland: best attractions and entertainment, plus the most well maintained; highest quality overall.

    Disneyland Paris: most well themed and detailed of the Magic Kingdoms, but poorly maintained.
    While I'll agree that Tokyo DisneySea has the best attractions in terms of uniqueness, I disagree whre Tokyo Disneyland is concerned. Disneyland California remains the champion where attractions and entertainment venues are concerned - and new ones keep coming.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  7. #82

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: Will It Ever Stop? The Slamming of How Magic Kingdom can't compare to Disneyland?

    Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    In defense of Disneyland's tiny castle... it was built in 1955 and houses weren't as big as they are now. So there! Though it's perfectly fine to like another castle. I like Disneyland's because it's home.
    I agree that it was perfect when you take into consideration the situation in 1955, but I'm still surprised that they chose to duplicate our's of all castles for Hong Kong Disneyland. I would have preferred they built a new caslte instead of making our's lose its uniqueness.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~


  8. #83

    • Beach Expert
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after
    Posts
    10,752

    Re: Will It Ever Stop? The Slamming of How Magic Kingdom can't compare to Disneyland?

    There is an extra convenience about smaller size that gives Disneyland a huge advantage in my opinion. And that would be the convenience of meeting people. I don't mean strangers but I go to the resort so many times by myself to meet up with freinds who are already there. And the nice thing is it doesn't have to be a huge inconvenience. If I am in Toontown, I can call up my friend and find out that he or she is at California Screamin' -- the two farthest points I can think of -- and easily meet up within 10 or 15 minutes. At WDW if I am at MK and want to meet up with someone at AK it is my understanding (AK wasn't there when I last went to WDW) that this can take well over a half hour to accomplish.

    Just a thought that came across my mind. This is an advantage. I am not necessarily saying it makes DL better though.

  9. #84

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: Will It Ever Stop? The Slamming of How Magic Kingdom can't compare to Disneyland?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    While I'll agree that Tokyo DisneySea has the best attractions in terms of uniqueness, I disagree whre Tokyo Disneyland is concerned. Disneyland California remains the champion where attractions and entertainment venues are concerned - and new ones keep coming.
    While Disneyland does win on sheer quantity of attractions, I think Tokyo Disneyland wins in quality. Disneyland does have the best fireworks spectacular of all the Disney parks and the better version of Fantasmic, but Tokyo Disneyland has the most lavish and amazing parades. Much better than our's or any Disney park.

    Most of the attractions at Tokyo Disneyland are improved versions of Disneyland's, especially Splash Mountain. And with Pooh's Hunny Hunt (one of the most amazing theme park attractions ever) and the new Monsters, Inc. E-ticket attraction, not even Indiana Jones Adventure can place Disneyland over Tokyo Disneyland in my opinion.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~


  10. #85

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    12,350

    Re: Will It Ever Stop? The Slamming of How Magic Kingdom can't compare to Disneyland?

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    There is an extra convenience about smaller size that gives Disneyland a huge advantage in my opinion. And that would be the convenience of meeting people. I don't mean strangers but I go to the resort so many times by myself to meet up with freinds who are already there. And the nice thing is it doesn't have to be a huge inconvenience. If I am in Toontown, I can call up my friend and find out that he or she is at California Screamin' -- the two farthest points I can think of -- and easily meet up within 10 or 15 minutes. At WDW if I am at MK and want to meet up with someone at AK it is my understanding (AK wasn't there when I last went to WDW) that this can take well over a half hour to accomplish.

    Just a thought that came across my mind. This is an advantage. I am not necessarily saying it makes DL better though.
    I will say I think DL's castle is better for the coziness factor. That is a compliment, I promise. Standing in front of Cinderella's castle can be quite intimidating, I think Sleeping Beauty's castle holds the overall magic of the DL better.

    But that's just my theory, I've never been to DL, so all I have to go on are pictures.

    I am however jealous of the fact that you have NOS and an Alice attraction but that is purely biased from my point of view.

  11. #86

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles & Orange County
    Posts
    21,511

    Re: Will It Ever Stop? The Slamming of How Magic Kingdom can't compare to Disneyland?

    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    I am however jealous of the fact that you have NOS and an Alice attraction but that is purely biased from my point of view.

    I'm really glad about that too! Alice in Wonderland is my favorite dark ride of all.


    Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

    Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

  12. #87

    • Beach Expert
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after
    Posts
    10,752

    Re: Will It Ever Stop? The Slamming of How Magic Kingdom can't compare to Disneyland?

    Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I'm really glad about that too! Alice in Wonderland is my favorite dark ride of all.
    Off topic (thankfully LOL) -- Alice just came out of refurb. You should try it CB. The colors are so bright now!

  13. #88

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    22,685

    Re: Will It Ever Stop? The Slamming of How Magic Kingdom can't compare to Disneyland?

    Going back to the space mountains for a second:

    I love, LOVE, LOVE WDW's layout and cars. They are awesome.

    IF WDW had the same layout it has now, same cars it had now, but had the DL effects and smoothness (I'd just settle for the smoothness) it would without a doubt be the best.

    I like DL's better because it's actually rideable, but I personally find the layout rather boring.


  14. #89

    • Little Miss Sunshine
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    4,950

    Re: Will It Ever Stop? The Slamming of How Magic Kingdom can't compare to Disneyland?

    Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    IF WDW had the same layout it has now, same cars it had now, but had the DL effects and smoothness (I'd just settle for the smoothness) it would without a doubt be the best.
    Maybe WDW can make one track smooth, and one track similar to now (for those of us who don't want to be lulled to sleep on a roller coaster). :-D
    Disneyland SM...zzzzzzz
    Denise

    www.mousesteps.com




    Favorite TDL Typo:

    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

  15. #90

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    12,350

    Re: Will It Ever Stop? The Slamming of How Magic Kingdom can't compare to Disneyland?

    Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Going back to the space mountains for a second:

    I love, LOVE, LOVE WDW's layout and cars. They are awesome.

    IF WDW had the same layout it has now, same cars it had now, but had the DL effects and smoothness (I'd just settle for the smoothness) it would without a doubt be the best.

    I like DL's better because it's actually rideable, but I personally find the layout rather boring.
    I do have to say my only issue with Space Mountain at MK is there is spot right as your going up a hill that you hear and feel a latch catch the bottom of the car and there is something in the back of my head that goes, what if one day that latch just misses, we would be so screwed..

    Other than that I would like them to make it a little more smoother, but I hear they are going to refurb it anyway? So I can't wait to see what they do with it!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Fun] Disneyland vs Magic Kingdom!
    By Spacoli in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 06-25-2009, 10:48 AM
  2. [Chat] Disneyland & Magic Kingdom
    By Dlandclub33 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-27-2008, 04:13 PM
  3. First Stop in Magic Kingdom
    By MO Disney Fan in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-05-2008, 03:24 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •