Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Angry Will It Ever Stop? The Slamming of How Magic Kingdom can't compare to Disneyland?

Just read a fun trip report and when they got to talking about Magic Kingdom it was just endless slamming and comparisons of how Magic Kingdom anything isn't as good as Disneyland. Magic Kingdom in Disneyland lover's eyes just treat Magic Kingdom as incomparable to Disneyland.

Why does nearly every Disneyland visitor to Magic Kingdom feel the need to yet again tell everyone how Magic Kingdom isn't Disneyland. Does it make Disneyland lovers happy to always rip apart Magic Kingdom? I can't tell anymore.

It's NOT DISNEYLAND. It's Magic Kingdom. It doesn't have to be Disneyland. All it has to be is just Magic Kingdom.

Disneyland lovers who visit MK just slam MK's rides and/or attractions for not being as good as or better than Disneyland. What if all of Magic Kingdom's rides/attractions were suddenly better than Disneyland, would Disneyland be getting slammed forever and a day because it's not as good as MK?

I just don't understand the reasoning behind every Disneyland visitor to Magic Kingdom detailing how this isn't as good as Disneyland's version. It just bothers me, not sure why.

All I can say is that I first visited Magic Kingdom when I was around 11 years old. It was my first Disney Park experience. I revisited Magic Kingdom a few more times before finally visiting Disneyland for my first time just 2 years ago during the 50th Celebration.

Now when I was there I didn't trash the park in my mind, I thought the castle was small compared to Magic Kingdom but then learned why it was built a certain size and what it means to Walt. I just didn't feel the need to trash, slam, bash Disneyland in anyway and forever compare it to Magic Kingdom.

I treat them as 2 parks, different from one to the other. I treat both Space Mountains as 2 fun experiences. I treat both Splash Mountains as 2 fun different experiences. I treat both Tower of Terrors as 2 very fun different experiences. I freakin' love both versions of Pirates at both parks. I love both for what they are, great rides with great differences.

I don't expect much like others, I just expect a good time and I always get it.

I have never ONCE thought this ride/attraction is better than the other. I'm just happy I have 2 different versions of rides/attractions to enjoy inside the United States.

Now you see where I'm coming from and why I just don't understand the need to bash Magic Kingdom's rides/attractions.

I'd also LOVE TO KNOW why Disneyland Visitors/Lovers feel the need to talk down about Magic Kingdom's rides/attractions. What does this kind of talk or views do for the MiceChat community. What is the purpose of a collective Disneyland community slamming Magic Kingdom's flaws and why it isn't as good as Disneyland.

Discuss. Explain. Defend. Inform. Entertain. Talk.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• is satisfactual.

Re: Will It Ever Stop? The Slamming of How Magic Kingdom can't compare to Disneyland?

What happened to the definite article before "Magic Kingdom"? Are we not doing that anymore?

• On A Disney World Tour...

Re: Will It Ever Stop? The Slamming of How Magic Kingdom can't compare to Disneyland?

It's mostly a Disneyland forum and therefore fanbase...
    Personally I'm more a WDW guy, but hey... I never expected MiceChat to care about the Florida Project, I reckon it can be annoying... But you're gonna have to cope. There are other forums dedicated to WDW where threaders are more openned about WDW. In the mean time, come to MiceChat for DLR or international parks...
    Comparing the world's 5 Magic Kingdoms on my blog : 5 Kingdoms

I don't know if I can answer your question. I've never even been to WDW, so maybe that means I can't say anything. But, maybe DL fans feel threatened by the amount of attention WDW gets. Again, I haven't been but even I get defensive when I hear people say how amazing and large and cool WDW is and how DL is more like a prototype for the "real" thing in Florida.
    I can't wait to go to WDW and I will probably compare it to DL because I know DL so well. But I here by promise not to wriite a trip report about it.

• Little Miss Sunshine

If you go to a board that is heavily WDW, you'll see the same thing if a board member goes to Disneyland. Or if someone goes to Disneyland Paris. There are always comparisons.

Just comparing the main MK type parks, I have to give the edge to Paris, then DL, then WDW (I haven't been to Tokyo or HK). However, we have Epcot and Animal Kingdom - they have CA Adventure and the Paris Studios. Although CA Adventure IS better than it'd been, I liked Bugs Land.

I barely even notice when there are comparisons. The great thing is - there are so many choices. I've been to all the Disney parks except Tokyo and HK this year (no new parks, I've visited DL, DLP before), and Epcot is still my park of preference over any.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

This has occurred to me as I sit here reading this thread. Do some MiceChatters feel that they "have" to go to WDW's Magic Kingdom, and somehow find fault with it? By doing that they are staying loyal to Disneyland, which was the first park, and the original park that Walt Disney built.

I visited WDW a few times, before I was able to make a trip to Disneyland. I remember some of the comparisons that I heard. Disneyland is smaller, not much there, etc.......
    However, I came with an open mind, and right smack dab in the middle of "Anniversary Week", as I like to call it, and I had a wonderful time.

I am making a trip to WDW in just 10 days, and I am excited to be able to enjoy all 4 parks. They are all unique, and I haven't visited in over a year. Next year, I am hoping to make a Disneyland trip for the holidays.

I don't believe that I play the "comparison card" when I write a trip report. In fact, I don't normally write that much dialoque. I just like to show the fun that I had by posting the photos that I took.

I also sometimes get annoyed at the constant commenting about "which park is better". People are very opinionated here at MiceChat and that isn't going to change. They have their loyalities, their preferences, and their not too bashful to speak out. It's one of the things that I like about the site.

When I first came here on MiceChat it was mainly Disneyland based, however we now have a lot more coverage on WDW and I appreciate that new addition to MiceChat.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Minion

ORDDU: Don't let it bother you, Micoofy Duck-ling. What you need most, right now, is a good, adoring witch in your life; a sorceress with the power to make you forget about all theme park comparisons while the two of us just relax and glide through the tunnel of love with thoughts of only each other...

ORGOCH: Tramp!!!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: Don't let it bother you, Micoofy Duck-ling. What you need most, right now, is a good, adoring witch in your life; a sorceress with the power to make you forget about all theme park comparisons while the two of us just relax and glide through the tunnel of love with thoughts of only each other...

ORGOCH: Tramp!!!

This is why I love you ladies.

To the OP:

I feel your pain, but this is a mostly Disneyland fan site, we are working on trying to increase our WDW fanbase but it takes time. So while I have felt the way you do from time to time (I've never been to Disneyland but grew up going to WDW) you just have to take some opinions with a grain of salt.

• Banned User

forget the forums, I have heard it many times in the parks and not just from californians. europeans compare it to paris, and asians compare it to tokyo but they still come in droves. I have been to california several times now and while I love DL I would never compare the two entities because they are so different. and personally if everyone loves DL best then go there dont waste you time and money flying across the country to stay at a resort you don't like. and then the rest of us won't have to hear about it either.

• no flash photography...

I have never been to WDW, but I have no desire to go. At least not to the MK. I would love to see epcot and animal kingdom, but that's about it. Maybe it's because I have heard things about WDW that was not really bashing, but not very complimentary either. Mostly I hear it's like DL that they enlarged quite a bit and some rides are not as good.

So, I will not be flying across the country just to experience an enlarged DL with no NOS. That's just me though. To be honest I don't have a desire to see any of the other DL type parks. I don't see the point. They are all basically the same with different castles. I would love to see disney seas though.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    Mostly I hear it's like DL that they enlarged quite a bit and some rides are not as good.

So, I will not be flying across the country just to experience an enlarged DL with no NOS. That's just me though. To be honest I don't have a desire to see any of the other DL type parks. I don't see the point. They are all basically the same with different castles. I would love to see disney seas though.
    Well herin lies the problem. You've already made a conclusion without the real information to support it. If that's the way you feel, that's perfectly fine for you, but I think the way you may have come to this conclusion speaks exactly to the first post of this thread...

The only part I would consider a true 'clone' without much orignality of its own is TDL (which was entirely intentional). And even that one does have a bit of personal spin when it comes to how they did Splash and some of the surroundings.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Well herin lies the problem. You've already made a conclusion without the real information to support it. If that's the way you feel, that's perfectly fine for you, but I think the way you may have come to this conclusion speaks exactly to the first post of this thread...

The only part I would consider a true 'clone' without much orignality of its own is TDL (which was entirely intentional). And even that one does have a bit of personal spin when it comes to how they did Splash and some of the surroundings.
    and what real information do I need? I've seen the maps. They look basically the same. Sure the attractions themselves may have a different look to them, but they are the same attractions. The person who I know who went had a great time at the resort, but the MK was not her favorite part of the trip. The rest I read from message boards, but they pretty much had the same opinion of my friend.

Why do peoples opinions bother others so much? I don't get all offended when people bash DL. Yes, I have heard some bashing of DL. W/E I like it.

• Minion

Hello Disneyland fan and frequent visitor here who actually liked the MK. On the invasion I found myself at MK 4 out of 7 days and enjoyed it. Even though it was enjoyable, it is really hard not to compare things, especially the attractions, to what is familiar to you. Some things were better at DL, some were better at WDW.

This is a discussion board and if someone out there didn't like the MK then they are entitled to their opinion

• Pilot EdForceOne

its not a matter of opinion.. I think the OP speaks towards a bit of the 'obsession' with the topic.. and the bias on this site simply is because it IS a DL-focused site. It's nothing to loose sleep over and certainly isn't going to change (nor should it really).

The only thing lacking is simply the amount of WDW visitors who contribute here - not the content itself or slant of any.

The only thing that would bother me is if anyone doesn't LET themselves enjoy the parks because of the obsession with the 'comparison'. And hey, if they do that.. their loss
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    and what real information do I need? I've seen the maps. They look basically the same. Sure the attractions themselves may have a different look to them, but they are the same attractions. The person who I know who went had a great time at the resort, but the MK was not her favorite part of the trip. The rest I read from message boards, but they pretty much had the same opinion of my friend.

Why do peoples opinions bother others so much? I don't get all offended when people bash DL. Yes, I have heard some bashing of DL. W/E I like it.
    No park is better. No park is worse. The original is Disneyland in Anaheim -- not trying to sound conceited, just stating a fact. All the others are variations. Much like Rachmaniov's "Variations On A Theme By Paganini" or Mozar'ts "Variations On Ah vous dirais-je, Maman", this is Disney's "Variations On A Theme By Walt Disney." The variations are all different from the original but together they all make up a wonderful piece of music and artistry.

Quote Originally Posted by mousercise View Post
    Hello Disneyland fan and frequent visitor here who actually liked the MK. On the invasion I found myself at MK 4 out of 7 days and enjoyed it. Even though it was enjoyable, it is really hard not to compare things, especially the attractions, to what is familiar to you. Some things were better at DL, some were better at WDW.

This is a discussion board and if someone out there didn't like the MK then they are entitled to their opinion
    You go, girl!

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast