Blog Entries

Re: What Disney World During the Holiday Season

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    See you around the Lago Dorado Lagoon!
    It is my first time staying at CSR.

• Can't get enough!

Quote Originally Posted by freedogshampoo View Post
    Until when are the Magic Kingdom's holiday decorations up?

I'm going to be up there on Jan 2nd...I'm taking my best friend, who's never been to Disney World before, and I'd love for him to see the decorations, new castle icicle lighting, etc. It all looks so great!

It seems like most of the Holiday things will last thru Jan. 6th....

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

• I'm Engaged!!!!!

Looks like I'm coming to this thread a little late, but as everyone has already said, WDW is absolutely amazing at the holidays. My fiance says its the most magical place on earth at the most magical time of the year.
    And that is the best way to put it.
    From the osbourne lights, to MVMCP, to the various epcot celebrations it is truly wonderful.
    BTW, my trip begins on 12/13 and ends on 12/16 (my 21st b-day!!!)
    Best wishes to anyone going to WDW at this magical time.
    wishesjake and SleepingBeauty867

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Actually I am counting. I will be leaving for my trip exactly one week from today. Me and my friend Jennifer are staying at Coronado Springs for 6 nights, and I am very excited to be seeing WDW for the first time all decked out for the holidays.
    I'm still right behind you, I'm taking a red eye on 12-8! I love WDW at Christmas time! I stayed at CSR in June...very nice place!
    I want my cake back!

Quote Originally Posted by WDW Peak Seasons View Post
    I would like to hear your comments about WDW if you have ever been during the holiday season. Below is my weekly blog on my website:

December is approaching and Walt Disney World transforms itself into a Winter Wonderland in the middle of Central Florida. Decorations have been up at all the parks and resorts since the early part of November. If you have visited Walt Disney World before, but never during the Christmas season, you are in for a real treat.

Disney offers holiday events at each park and most of the resorts. Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party at the Magic Kingdom, The Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights, which occupies The Streets of America at Disney-MGM Studios, and the Candlelight Processional held at Epcot are some of Disney’s major holiday offerings. The parks are decorated with garland, trees, ornaments, and everything and anything pertaining to Christmas. During Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, there is even snow on Main Street USA!

All the characters are outfitted in holiday attire as well as the Cast Members. Each resort gets into the holiday spirit with decorations and activities that are not to be missed. The Grand Floridian has a house made out of Gingerbread which is large enough to have room for a store inside which sells all sorts of cookies and candies. At the Boardwalk and Beach Club, there is a large Carousel and a train. Both of which feature hidden Mickey’s on them and the Carousel is even made of gingerbread and cookies!

Each park is also different during the day and night. During the day, you can see all of the decorations very clearly and it helps set the holiday mood for your tour of the park. But the real action comes at night. Each park it light up with sparkling and shimmering lights, that you would have a hard time believing you are in the same place as earlier in the day.

The difficult part about going during this season is that there is SO MUCH to do, sometimes you feel like you don’t even have time for the rides and shows. It truly is a unique experience and if you are a Disney fan, you should try to schedule a vacation during this time. Now with that being said, the earlier part of December is the best time to go. You will have just missed the Thanksgiving Day rush and many others will be waiting for Christmas Week through New Years Day to come down to WDW. If you can go sometime in between those two times, you will be able to experience everything but with less crowds.

The weather during this time is hit or miss. We have been there when the highs have reached the 80’s, and have been there when the lows have been in the 20’s. The best rule of thumb is to pack for the cold and always take layers off as needed.

All in all this is my favorite time of the year. The atmosphere is unbelievable and Disney has done it’s best to make their guests forget they are in Florida.

Great question...Having worked for WDW for over 9 years we spend a lot of time at the parks. However, the one time of year we absolutely do not miss is Christmas. It sounds hokey, but it's "magical". Watching the expressions on the faces of the kids is always a joy. There amazement at the huge Christmas Trees, seeing Mickey & Minnie all dressed up in the holiday outfits is wonderful. To all of you who are going for Christmas for the first time..have a wonderful time, it's the best time to be there. Go see as many of the resorts as you can, they are all fabulous. Take in as many of the Christmas shows as you can....and just enjoy..........

Oh goodness I can't wait to go! I just found out from my gf's dad he is giving us a surprise weekend trip to WDW next weekend! I am still in shock... my mind has just been blown away.. I don't think I will get to do any of those mouse fest things since it is such short notice and i went to spend time with everyone (really wish I could meet RIcky from Inside the Magic, maybe next year i will go back). I cant wait to see the castle lights at night! It is something that should not be missed from what I can see.. I can't wait! What will be going on at EPCOT during this time?

Disney: true inspiration!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

The magic is increased tenfold for me during the holidays. From the music, the decorations and the extra perky CM's, it's probably my favorite time of the year.

If you can manage it, I highly recommend going to the Grand Floridian and seeing the Gingerbread House, they give out free samples of gingerbread on occasion and the smells will get you in the holiday spirit even if you already aren't!

Almost every hotel has one display or another going on during this time, last year the Polynesian had a little model city decorated for Christmas all made out of food!

It is such a wonderful time of year and in many ways very peaceful. I know when I walk into the park and see the twinkling lights it puts a skip in my step.

I love WDW at Christmas but this year, my daughter and I will be going to Disneyland instead and we look forward to it as it has been a number of years since we last saw it at Christmastime.

My favorite event at Epcot is the Candlelight Processional. I have done the reservations but in the last few years just showed up at the first showing and got a seat each time.

• She was sweet as a peach

Re: Walt Disney World During the Holiday Season

Are favorite park is Epcot. I love how each country has their own Santa story.

Last year we did as much Christmas as we could in one day. We started at the Grand Floridian and saw the Gingerbread House and tried roasted chestnuts (not my favorite). Then we checked out the decorations at the MK (and the regular 3:00 parade). After that we went to MGM and saw the Osborn Lights. That was really awesome!!! Finally we went to Epcot and took as stroll around World Showcase. I got to hear a little of Kirk Cameron at the Candlelight Processional as a bonus!!

I think my ultimate favortie Disney Christmas memory was when we went to MGM in December of 1992. They had some of the Balloons from the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. That was really cool to see!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12