Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24
  1. #1

    •   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    12,350

    Discounted Walt Disney World Merchandise?

    Someone had mentioned here once there is a store near WDW that sells the old or overstocked items from the parks.

    Does anyone know or remember what I'm talking about? If so can you give me the name or the address if you know it?

    Mom and I are heading over to Orlando this weekend for some Christmas shopping and we'd like to check it out!

  2. #2

    • Little Miss Sunshine
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    4,950

    Re: Discounted Walt Disney World Merchandise?

    There is more than one. The Character Premiere is at the Orlando Premium Outlets, near the Shrine of Mary/Dolly Parton theater. The parking is crazy in the front, park in the back (you'll see Publix coming up on the left), it's much easier to find a spot. I was just over there again a couple of days ago.

    The other one (and I've not been there since it was remodeled, but have been going for over 10 years now) is the Character Warehouse. That is at the end of I-Drive, near Wet and Wild. There was a Character Premiere that way also, I'm not sure if there is now (I haven't been over there in a year or so now - I need to!) These are all Disney owned. TDL Fan has recently been over to the I-Drive Character Warehouse, he posted pics a couple of months back of it since the remodel.
    Denise

    www.mousesteps.com




    Favorite TDL Typo:

    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

  3. #3

    • Little Miss Sunshine
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    4,950

    Re: Discounted Walt Disney World Merchandise?

    Oh - Willcad has a great page on this, I almost forgot:

    http://willcad.org/disney_outlets.html

    The Character Connection mentioned is definitely hit or miss (he mentions it on his page). It is not owned by Disney, but may be worth a few minutes of your time. Or not. It wasn't worth that much of mine when I visited a few times, it reminded me more of the character outlets in CA.
    Denise

    www.mousesteps.com




    Favorite TDL Typo:

    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

  4. #4

    • She was sweet as a peach
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    in a pineapple way
    Posts
    1,246

    Re: Discounted Walt Disney World Merchandise?

    The Character Premiere is the one we go to but the parking is insane all over. It is crazy getting in to the place and crazy getting out. Your best bet is to go early.

  5. #5

    • loves a silver lining
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Anaheim
    Posts
    15,597
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Discounted Walt Disney World Merchandise?

    We went to the Character Premire on our last trip and we actually found a lot of great stuff, it was defintely a hit that trip.



    Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

  6. #6

    • We'll hold them at bay
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,805

    Re: Discounted Walt Disney World Merchandise?

    another way to do it is on e-bay. Its a very good source of theme park merchandise, new and discontinued. Plus, there are many e-bay stores that specialize in WDW/Disney stuff.
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom


  7. #7

    • Little Miss Sunshine
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    4,950

    Re: Discounted Walt Disney World Merchandise?

    Quote Originally Posted by jane2073 View Post
    The Character Premiere is the one we go to but the parking is insane all over. It is crazy getting in to the place and crazy getting out. Your best bet is to go early.
    I have never had a problem in the back (not yet anyway). Maybe over the holidays, or evenings - I don't tend to go then. The front is almost always busy, I don't even bother checking anymore.

    Either way - the stores are terrific, though there is more 1/2 off merchandise right now at the CP (as opposed to deeper discounts). But the merchandise changes so often, it's always a fun place to stop.

    Anything can be hit or miss - but the one I mentioned as being iffy for me is the Character Connection. They aren't owned by Disney. I never bought anything there, though some of the prices were good. It has a different feel than the Disney-owned stores, and not everything was Disney merchandise (when I went). If you have time, it might be worth the trip - it's just down 535.

    One of my favorite finds was a denim Mickey jacket, normally $84, I bought it last year for $21.00.
    Last edited by nbodyhome; 11-30-2007 at 09:18 AM.
    Denise

    www.mousesteps.com




    Favorite TDL Typo:

    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

  8. #8

    • Back to WDW soon!!!!!!!!!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    179

    Re: Discounted Walt Disney World Merchandise?

    Quote Originally Posted by nbodyhome View Post
    I have never had a problem in the back (not yet anyway). Maybe over the holidays, or evenings - I don't tend to go then. The front is almost always busy, I don't even bother checking anymore.

    Either way - the stores are terrific, though there is more 1/2 off merchandise right now at the CP (as opposed to deeper discounts). But the merchandise changes so often, it's always a fun place to stop.

    Anything can be hit or miss - but the one I mentioned as being iffy for me is the Character Connection. They aren't owned by Disney. I never bought anything there, though some of the prices were good. It has a different feel than the Disney-owned stores, and not everything was Disney merchandise (when I went). If you have time, it might be worth the trip - it's just down 535.

    One of my favorite finds was a denim Mickey jacket, normally $84, I bought it last year for $21.00.
    Hi Denise!
    Have you ever been to the Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores?, that is one of the shopping centres we were planning on visiting during our trip, i have not heard of anyone who has been so far to ask if it's worth going to.
    We are also going to the Premium Outlets and Florida Mall

  9. #9

    • Little Miss Sunshine
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    4,950

    Re: Discounted Walt Disney World Merchandise?

    Quote Originally Posted by Charmed-One View Post
    Hi Denise!
    Have you ever been to the Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores?, that is one of the shopping centres we were planning on visiting during our trip, i have not heard of anyone who has been so far to ask if it's worth going to.
    We are also going to the Premium Outlets and Florida Mall

    That is where the Character Outlet is (the non-Disney owned store), I like some of the other outlet malls better (like the Premium outlets). If you do go, it looks like they have some coupons here: http://www.lbvfs.com/
    Denise

    www.mousesteps.com




    Favorite TDL Typo:

    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

  10. #10

    • Back to WDW soon!!!!!!!!!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    179

    Re: Discounted Walt Disney World Merchandise?

    Quote Originally Posted by nbodyhome View Post
    That is where the Character Outlet is (the non-Disney owned store), I like some of the other outlet malls better (like the Premium outlets). If you do go, it looks like they have some coupons here: http://www.lbvfs.com/
    Thanks!, i will definetly use some of those coupons, i love a bargain!
    I see that they also do a free shuttle bus from some of the non Disney Resorts in the DD area but i'm guessing you would have to be staying there to use it.

  11. #11

    •   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    12,350

    Re: Discounted Walt Disney World Merchandise?

    Fabulous! This was exactly what I was looking for! Thanks so much everyone!

  12. #12

    • Little Miss Sunshine
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    4,950

    Re: Discounted Walt Disney World Merchandise?

    Quote Originally Posted by Charmed-One View Post
    Thanks!, i will definetly use some of those coupons, i love a bargain!
    I see that they also do a free shuttle bus from some of the non Disney Resorts in the DD area but i'm guessing you would have to be staying there to use it.
    You probably would. I am not sure if there is a bus that goes to the Orlando Premium Outlets from the TTC, but once there - you can get the I-Drive trolley, and hit a lot of outlets (if you wanted to).
    Denise

    www.mousesteps.com




    Favorite TDL Typo:

    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

  13. #13

    • Senior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,035

    Re: Discounted Walt Disney World Merchandise?

    I wonder when all the Disney-MGM Studios merchandise will start piling up at the outlets ... perhaps, Disney is dumping what it can at Property Control/Cast Connection before the holidays.

  14. #14

    • I was deleted.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    13,187

    Re: Discounted Walt Disney World Merchandise?

    Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974 View Post
    I wonder when all the Disney-MGM Studios merchandise will start piling up at the outlets ... perhaps, Disney is dumping what it can at Property Control/Cast Connection before the holidays.
    There hasn't been a lot of it in recent years though so Disney might be slightly ahead of this curve. Maybe they'll send the park maps and travel information instead? Although they did decide to come out with dated park-specific merchandise for the Disney-MGM Studios for 2007. Odd choice if you ask me, but personally I didn't mind since I'm all for park-specific merchandise.

  15. #15

    • Little Miss Sunshine
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    4,950

    Re: Discounted Walt Disney World Merchandise?

    Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    There hasn't been a lot of it in recent years though so Disney might be slightly ahead of this curve. Maybe they'll send the park maps and travel information instead? Although they did decide to come out with dated park-specific merchandise for the Disney-MGM Studios for 2007. Odd choice if you ask me, but personally I didn't mind since I'm all for park-specific merchandise.
    I'm holding out for the t-shirts that will say "My Parents went to the Oliver Garden at Flamingo Crossing on Western Way, and all they got me was this Lousy t-shirt".
    Denise

    www.mousesteps.com




    Favorite TDL Typo:

    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Chat] WALT DISNEY(The Man) vs. current Walt Disney World Management
    By Lightning509s in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-06-2009, 08:30 AM
  2. World Center Marriott To Offer First-Ever Walt Disney World Package
    By tjcjr in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-05-2007, 09:45 AM
  3. Walt Disney Treasures: Walt Disney World (Why Not?)
    By Club 33 in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-09-2007, 09:31 PM
  4. Over-abundance of Walt Disney World labeled merchandise
    By DisneyMickey in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-29-2007, 06:14 AM
  5. CURRENT STATE OF THE WORLD: Important Walt Disney World Poll!
    By General Grizz in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-07-2005, 05:55 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •