• MiceChat Partner Site

What is the best Christmas event at the Magic Kingdom?

I would like to hear your comments about what is the best Christmas event at the Magic Kingdom? Below is my weekly blog on my website:

Many of you have emailed me and asked me,”What is the best Christmas event at Walt Disney World?” This question is very difficult to answer, as there are so many wonderful holiday activities to choose from. I have broken this question down into each park and I will cover each park in the next few weeks in my blog, so make sure you check back.

The Magic Kingdom offers many Christmas events. There is a new afternoon parade called, Mickey’s Once upon a Christmastime Parade, which features new costumes and floats themed to Family and Friends: A Winter Wonderland, Christmas Sweets, A North Pole Christmastime with Mr. and Mrs. Claus and Fairytale Christmastime.

Cinderella’s Holiday Wish Stage Show & Castle Dream Lights Show are both new for 2007. The Stage Show will begin each night at 5:45 pm in front of the Castle, and the watch as Cinderella’s castle lights up with over 200,000 sparkling and twinkling lights.

While those activities can put anyone in the holiday spirit, my vote for the best Christmas event in the Magic Kingdom would have to be Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party (MVMCP). On Select nights November 12 – December 21, 2007 the Magic Kingdom is transformed into a special ticket event where guests can mix and mingle with Mickey and his pals, throughout the park. The cost of an Adult ticket (ages 10 +) is $51, and $43 (Ages 3-9) for a Child. You will able to view Mickey's Once upon a Christmastime Parade and thrilled by the fireworks spectacular, Holiday Wishes: Celebrate the Spirit of the Season.

This sensational celebration also features Cinderella’s Castle Dream Lights, live Disney Character stage shows, character greetings throughout the park, complimentary cookies and hot cocoa, and even snow on Main Street, U.S.A. On top of that you get use of the most popular Magic Kingdom attractions! If you have never been seen this party it is something that you definitely want to purchase tickets for. If you have seen this party you already know that after December 21 (or the last day for MVMCP) many of the shows and activities will be available to everyone. The dilemma becomes is the party worth the money? In my mind yes it is….at least once. It is a tradition and something that is special for everyone. The other beneficial thing to the party is that there is a cap to the number of tickets that are sold for this event. Disney does not release the exact number of tickets sold for this event, but you can rest assured that there will be less guests attending the party than show up for the parks during Christmas week.

All in all, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party is everything you love about Christmas plus the unforgettable fantasy of the Magic Kingdom Park. It truly helps put each and every guest in the Holiday spirit. Wear some holiday festive attire and head to the Magic Kingdom. The snow, music, and atmosphere will put anyone in the holiday spirit.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Re: What is the best Christmas event at the Magic Kingdom?

After seeing my parents say "meh" to the castle lighting (they thought it was okay), I've learned that nothing is for everyone.

The Christmas party isn't as good as it once was, IMHO. The Halloween Party completely rocks, though. I wish I had "Boo to You", that is one of my favorite Disney songs!

Perhaps my parents would have liked the Osborne Lights better. Not sure as far as Illuminations for them - the holiday tag is wonderful, except at the end - where it sounds like they are blowing the park up. That is too much pyro for me. Most Disney parades aren't very interesting for me. Most Disney shows aren't terribly interesting for me. It actually makes it easy for me to choose what to see.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• We'll hold them at bay

I do love the MVMCP parade. Its well done. The snow on Main St is cool too
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• MiceChat Partner

As I said on my podcast this week, my three favorite holiday offerings are the Spectacle of Dancing Lights, Celebrate the Season, and Mickey's Twas the Night Before Christmas. Honorable mention goes out to the Jingle Jungle Parade and Holiday Wishes.
    Webmaster of WDW News Today
    Host of the WDW News Today Podcast
    Visit us at

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by MJMcB View Post
    I do love the MVMCP parade. Its well done. The snow on Main St is cool too
    The last time I saw the MVMCP (two years ago), there were obvious holes in the parade where a float or something else should be. I've seen it enough to realize I wasn't seeing everything. The friend I was with - who loves Christmas - also noticed. And she doesn't go to Disney as often. The parade looked really tired, too.

It might be much better this year - I don't know if I can swing a ticket (I just bought tickets for Rick Springfield, who is my #1 priority for this weekend).

I do really like the Osborne Lights (the dancing part is fun), and it took a few years - but I like where they are now. The Candlelight has been a favorite for many years, but I also remember when it wasn't as crowded. I could book a dinner, and get front row seats. There was no line. And there was a pin, lanyard, and discount for the shops. Those were the days.

The Castle Dreamlights are a great addition to the MK.

I love walking around and hearing Christmas music, seeing the lights and decorations. Moreso than any show or parade. Except for Candlelight. That always is moving for me.

Moving on to the resorts - I miss the display that the Wilderness Lodge used to have. But it's still lovely for Christmas, the colors are very warm with the decor. And it's not Christmas for me until I see the campers/RV'ers decorations at Fort Wilderness.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by nbodyhome View Post
    The last time I saw the MVMCP (two years ago), there were obvious holes in the parade where a float or something else should be. I've seen it enough to realize I wasn't seeing everything. The friend I was with - who loves Christmas - also noticed. And she doesn't go to Disney as often. The parade looked really tired, too.

It might be much better this year - I don't know if I can swing a ticket (I just bought tickets for Rick Springfield, who is my #1 priority for this weekend).

I do really like the Osborne Lights (the dancing part is fun), and it took a few years - but I like where they are now. The Candlelight has been a favorite for many years, but I also remember when it wasn't as crowded. I could book a dinner, and get front row seats. There was no line. And there was a pin, lanyard, and discount for the shops. Those were the days.

The Castle Dreamlights are a great addition to the MK.

I love walking around and hearing Christmas music, seeing the lights and decorations. Moreso than any show or parade. Except for Candlelight. That always is moving for me.

Moving on to the resorts - I miss the display that the Wilderness Lodge used to have. But it's still lovely for Christmas, the colors are very warm with the decor. And it's not Christmas for me until I see the campers/RV'ers decorations at Fort Wilderness.
    I saw it last year and it was very good. 'course the real best part of MVMCP is the short to no lines on the rides near the end
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by MJMcB View Post
    I saw it last year and it was very good. 'course the real best part of MVMCP is the short to no lines on the rides near the end
    I liked the Pirates and Princess Party in February. That was truly an empty park, maybe just a few thousand tickets sold.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• MiceChat Partner Site

I cant wait to get to WDW in a few weeks. Denise I am anxiously looking forward to the Castle lights. Your pictures are amazing!!!!! Nice Work. I am hoping at some point to get down for the P&P Party as well as MNSSHP.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by WDW Peak Seasons View Post
    I cant wait to get to WDW in a few weeks. Denise I am anxiously looking forward to the Castle lights. Your pictures are amazing!!!!! Nice Work. I am hoping at some point to get down for the P&P Party as well as MNSSHP.
    Thank you! I think you will really enjoy the lights, Disney hit the ball out of the park on this one. I think so, anyway! For me, it puts the MK on the level of Epcot and MGM for Christmas. (as far as the decorations and events). I didn't go to the MK as much before for the holiday season.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I am going to Disney World, and I am especially excited about seeing the lights on the castle. I wasn't going to do a park on the first day of my vacation. However, seeing photos of the castle has made me change my mind. In less than 2 days, I will watch them light Cinderella Castle up.

May 11 - 16, 2015

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I am going to Disney World, and I am especially excited about seeing the lights on the castle. I wasn't going to do a park on the first day of my vacation. However, seeing photos of the castle has made me change my mind. In less than 2 days, I will watch them light Cinderella Castle up.
    Enjoy it!!!!!!
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• MiceChat Partner Site

Denise I am mad though that I have a Digital Camera that doesnt take pics too well at night, so I am jealous of your pics LOL!!!

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by WDW Peak Seasons View Post
    Denise I am mad though that I have a Digital Camera that doesnt take pics too well at night, so I am jealous of your pics LOL!!!

I have a tripod. I certainly would NOT get those photos without one! :-D
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.