• Little Miss Sunshine

12/1 Contemporary/MK Update and more castle pics

All of the photos are here:

http://www.mousesteps.com/index.php?...d=34&Itemid=65

And more of what I took yesterday (as started in the other thread last night). I always like flowers:

At the Contemporary store, a cool new display:

From the Contemporary:

Construction at the CR at night:

Next update and pics will be up after this coming weekend (I'll be on property from Thurs-Sunday, and back Monday and Weds). Then I'm resting.
    Last edited by nbodyhome; 12-02-2007 at 04:29 PM.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Mickey is not my Brother

Re: 12/1 Contemporary/MK Update and more castle pics

great pics

• Little Miss Sunshine

Thanks. And actually, I'll be at Disney tomorrow (I forgot!) for a very late 41st birthday gift - that was from August - Lunch with an Imagineer at the Studios.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nbodyhome View Post

At the Contemporary store, a cool new display:

That looks AWESOME! Do you know how long it'll be there?
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    That looks AWESOME! Do you know how long it'll be there?
    They just put it in (within the last week). I thought it was permanent. I will ask if I remember next time.

It is really a neat display.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Thanks. And actually, I'll be at Disney tomorrow (I forgot!) for a very late 41st birthday gift - that was from August - Lunch with an Imagineer at the Studios.
    That's ok. I still owe my brother tickets for Spamalot since July. Now the strike is over, we need to find a date we're both free.

I did the dining with an Imagineer in August. A lot of fun, but the people I was with were creepy and were asking dumb questions. I hope the people you are with are somewhat intelligent. It really would have made my experience so much better.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post

I did the dining with an Imagineer in August. A lot of fun, but the people I was with were creepy and were asking dumb questions. I hope the people you are with are somewhat intelligent. It really would have made my experience so much better.
    Everyone was pretty nice. There was a girl who I thought was married to the guy next to her (she looked like she was in her early 20's). Turned out that she was 14 and with her mom. That was odd, not quite creepy though. I can't imagine what your table must have been like!

There was a TON of food. Too much. I tried all kinds of things I'd never have ordered otherwise.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Everyone was pretty nice. There was a girl who I thought was married to the guy next to her (she looked like she was in her early 20's). Turned out that she was 14 and with her mom. That was odd, not quite creepy though. I can't imagine what your table must have been like!

There was a TON of food. Too much. I tried all kinds of things I'd never have ordered otherwise.
    Who was the Imagineer you were with? I dined with Steve Probus, Principal Set Director.

My table had one couple where the man refused to eat anything on the menu (he likes things plain) so we spend a good 15-20 minutes discussing what he could eat to the point of asking a chef to come out and speak to him. Then, there was a family who the 10-12 year old boy kept asking if they would make an attraction based on _____________ (Kingdom Hearts, Suite Life of Zac and Cody, That's so Raven, etc.) He also spent the majority of the time discussing his ideas. Such a bizarre situation that I never felt I got a good discussion out of the Imagineer. I think I will have to try this again in the future, maybe with dinner at Artist Point, as I think that would be a very unique and different experience.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Ours was Alex Caruthers, Art Director at the Magic Kingdom. He was actually not supposed to be there, someone else couldn't make it. So he was a very last minute replacement.

We also were there longer than I expected to be - until 2:45pm or so. It started off a little slow, I think it's harder when you have such a small table of people - trying to break the ice and such. Each group must be very different. We had a father/adult son, mother/14 year old daughter, and myself and my MIL. If anyone talked too much, it was me. But I don't think I was creepy, and I didn't have any ideas to share. Everyone got questions in, there were things I'd like to have asked, but didn't want to monopolize the conversation either.

I'm sorry yours didn't work out as well! I thought about asking to change my food a bit, but decided to just bite the bullet and go with the menu. There was very little that sounded appetizing (just the steak), but I actually am glad I tried some new things. I wouldn't order any of the other items from the menu, but they weren't bad either.

I bet Artist Point would be really nice! I didn't pay for today (it was a gift), I just looked at the price online - I think it was a very reasonable price for what was offered. We had rolls, 2 appetizers, I had steak/potatoes and the grapefruit cake and tea. Plus 3 hours of interesting conversation. I just hated not being able to eat everything, each appetizer was a meal sized portion for me.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

For the price, I agree it was well worth it. I also was there until about 3, which I thought was a great value. For me, I had the rolls, soup, salad (Cobb of course), steak, and Creme Brulee. All of that food, plus the conversation with an Imagineer, plus the commemorative plate, all led this to be a great value in my mind.

Glad you enjoyed it!

• Little Miss Sunshine

For the price, I agree it was well worth it. I also was there until about 3, which I thought was a great value. For me, I had the rolls, soup, salad (Cobb of course), steak, and Creme Brulee. All of that food, plus the conversation with an Imagineer, plus the commemorative plate, all led this to be a great value in my mind.

Glad you enjoyed it!
    I was thinking it was supposed to be 2 hours, I definitely didn't expect nearly 3 1/2! We had an oyster and brie soup (it says that it was finished with champagne, chives and lemon aioli, whatever that is!) Then the Cobb salad, which was really ample for a single-serve appetizer. Grilled NY strip steak with potatoes, and grapefruit cake.

It was a HUGE meal. I am glad you sort of enjoyed yours. And if anyone does the event, the Thai Noodle Bowl with chicken looked like a family platter - HUGE.

Just looking at the online menu, though I don't see a small Cobb salad - it looks like the food itself would normally cost a ballpark of $50.00. So for another $11.00, you get an Imagineer, a personalized lunch menu, a private room, a nametag, and a commemorative plate. It's a really good deal.

Considering that our Imagineer was very last minute, I am impressed that they have his name on our menu.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Same menu for me, with the creme brulee instead for dessert, and lobster bisque as the soup. So delicious.

Well worth the price. And I love the name tag too!

• Little Miss Sunshine

Same menu for me, with the creme brulee instead for dessert, and lobster bisque as the soup. So delicious.

Well worth the price. And I love the name tag too!
    I would have preferred creme brulee, but the grapefruit cake was interesting. I'd not order it, but I didn't dislike it completely either.

The soup was HUGE, and very thick. I can't believe how much they gave us. I expect if Disney reads this thread, they will either take something away or raise the price now.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.