Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Drunk On Disney

Epcot: Favorite/least favorite country... and why

I thought it would be nice to hear different opinions on this:

What is your favorite/least favorite Epcot country... and why?

What is your least favorite... and why?

(refreshment outpost doesn't count)

My favorite: Mexico! I love the boat ride (even better with Donald Duck), I love the San Angel restaurant and the shopping is second only to China for me.

Least Favorite: Italy. I never liked the old restaurant (I will have to try the new one next trip) and the shops are small and uninteresting... and I am of Italian decent. Very disappointing.

What are yours?

EDIT: Also include your "favorite unbuilt country" if you have one!

Mine would be Australia!
    Last edited by Guy Hutchinson; 12-03-2007 at 01:14 PM.

Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

• We'll hold them at bay

Re: Epcot: Favorite/least favorite country... and why

Tough call. I probably spend the least amount of time in Morocco and Japan as I don't like that food, have no interest in shopping there, and there are no attractions. 'course, both are very appealing visually.
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

My favorite is France because the food is delicious, and my least favorite is the United Kingdom. Yes it's nice to walk around in british gardens but the only thing there is a pub. I also want to add my most favorite unbuilt country which would would be africa.

• Drunk On Disney

I love that idea Bernstein! I am going to edit that in!

• Circle of Ancients

Well, my favorite 'attraction' is WS is Gran Fiesta Tour because it's got Donald. I also think the Mexico Pavillion is quite nice.

IMO, the most beautiful pavillion though has to be Canada. It's just very well done.

My least favorite, would have to probably be the UK. I just KNOW they could do so much with it and they didn't. Rose and Crown is great, the stores are great, etc ... but I want more of it.

As for country that should be built, I'm going to say Brazil. South America is not represented (it's the only continent that isn't besides Antarctica and Austrailia).

I think Europe is pretty well taken care of with 5 of 11 pavillions and North America is ALL taken care of.

Africa is represented in Animal Kingdom and I think any pavilion based on Africa would be a let-down after what they have done there. Hopefuly they will be getting Austrailia at some point as well.

Other than Brazil, I would have to say Egypt would be pretty awesome as well.
    Last edited by sir clinksalot; 12-03-2007 at 01:28 PM.

• She was sweet as a peach

I lump France and Great Britain together as my favorite. We went to the actually countries a couple of years ago. We want to go again really badly so until then, I get my fix at EPCOT. Yes I know it is not authentic, but it is the only option right now.

Our family favorite is Japan. I like the stores and my daughter likes the Robot (Tin Toy) exhibit. Honestly I just love all of World Showcase.

If I was picking a least favorite country, I guess I would have to agree with Italy. We never stop there.

• Drunk On Disney

I heard that mentioned on the Mice Cast podcast. I think Austrailia would fit in pretty well in AK, and Africa works perfectly in AK as well.

My other choice in South America would be Ecuador. Having a replica of the monument to the equator would be very cool:
    http://www.ecuador-images.net/monument.equator.htm

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

My favorite is Mexico, the ambiance and the ride make it the perfect combination for me.

My least favorite is Morocco, while visually appealing, it doesn't give me anything of quality, except for themed shops and the character greeting.

• Little Miss Sunshine

I don't have a favorite. I love France, because I adore the country - and Impressions de France is my favorite film. Canada has the most incredible landscaping. Morocco has my ever-favorite Cous Cous. Japan has Teppan Edo (formerly Teppanyaki), which is my #1 restaurant in Epcot. Mexico has interesting shopping, though I don't like the boat ride much anymore. England has a great area in back, with nice landscaping at times as well. I don't dislike any pavillion.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Drunk On Disney

Quote Originally Posted by nbodyhome View Post
    I don't have a favorite. I love France, because I adore the country - and Impressions de France is my favorite film. Canada has the most incredible landscaping. Morocco has my ever-favorite Cous Cous. Japan has Teppan Edo (formerly Teppanyaki), which is my #1 restaurant in Epcot. Mexico has interesting shopping, though I don't like the boat ride much anymore. England has a great area in back, with nice landscaping at times as well. I don't dislike any pavillion.
    Good post!

BTW, I am not looking for you to mention a pavillion you dislike... just your least favorite.

Think of it this way, if you ranked them in order that you liked them, one of them has to be at the bottom.

What is that one?

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    Good post!

BTW, I am not looking for you to mention a pavillion you dislike... just your least favorite.

Think of it this way, if you ranked them in order that you liked them, one of them has to be at the bottom.

What is that one?
    I probably stop at Norway the least. Germany would also be down there, though I like both areas of the park (I just don't don't spend as much time in them).
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• and too all a good fright

Favorite - Mexico. Probably more because of fond memories than anything. I'll never forget walking into the pavillion as a little kid and being amazed at how much they made inside feel like outside. I also loved that song on El Rio De Tiempo. Grand Fiesta is enjoyable. (Close runner up - Canada).

Least Favorite - Italy. Nothing bad about it. It just doesn't have any pull for me.

• This space for rent

The U.S.A. is my fav country in the World Showcase because of the American Adventure. France is my least fav, just not interested in anything they have to offer.

• I was deleted.

Great question there Sweetie!

I just love the World Showcase. It's amazing that you can explore it and feel as if you still have more to explore. During Food & Wine, Flower & Garden, and the Holidays there is even more to explore. I, like Denise do not have one I don't enjoy so I will try in this route instead.
    Favorite film/Circle Vision: Reflections of China @ China (I still haven't seen Canada's new film)
    Favorite Attraction: El Rio/Grand Fiesta Tour @ Mexico
    Favorite Dining location: Was Alfredo's, now it's Le Cellier SteakHouse @ Canada
    Favorite Dessert Location: Boulangerie Pátisserie @ France
    Favorite Entertainment Show: The British Invasion @ UK, followed by Off Kilter @ Canada
    Favorite Pavilions to Relax in at night: France, Morocco, Japan, Italy, and China
    Most Friendly Cast: Morocco, France (This is from my experiences only)
    See, I can't pick just one! Looks like it's China, France or Morocco that win here. Overall I would say the one I've spent the least amount of time visiting Germany so that might be my least favorite? But that can easily change with time.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Germany is a very well-done area. But it seems smaller than some other countries (Canada has a pretty nice chunk of land to landscape). I do like the Germany Christmas shop and Hummels.

I like that Norway and France have had nice lotions to try. Others might, but when I used to be at Epcot 3 - 4 times per week (to walk), I stopped and tried some occasionally in those two countries. (and my favorite is a French one I have at home now - Baby Doll perfume/lotion).

There are some countries I don't like portions of. Worst food - America. We can do better than that (Oklahoma proved it during the Food and Wine festival). I wish they were a country. That was my favorite area during the Festival. Norway used to have a cool kids area - the boat, which no longer is in use.

Epcot is my favorite park, I really have very little bad to say about World Showcase. It really is beautiful and well-designed. I don't need thrill rides there. Illuminations is my favorite show in any park. I would be happier with better, more reasonably priced counter service - even at Epcot. Sunshine Seasons is too hard on my wallet. I usually get cous-cous at Morocco for a quick bite to eat. I liked when they had the pasta restaurant open.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast