Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Little Miss Sunshine

Re: Spaceship Earth Soft-Opened Tonight

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    While I enjoyed being in the company of Denise, who graciously volunteered to take GFan's place at MVMCP tonight at the MK, I felt bad that she missed the soft opening by mere minutes. Hopefully I will be lucky and get to ride before I head out to DLP on Sunday... but not holding my breath. (Posting this while munching on fab chocolate fudge)
    Thank YOU for the ticket for the party, I was so happy to be there. I was also not thrilled to leave (I felt so bad). TDLFan kept saying I should go.

I was disappointed when I missed SE by just a couple of minutes - I saw people as they came off. But it was still really neat to be that close. I saw people getting on as I was winding my way through Epcot on the monorail, and they closed it at 9pm. Thanks to my friend who called and let me know as well, it was really nice to be told.

They do open it when they don't expect so many people. If they opened it tonight, you'd think it would be a bit busier since it's an EMH night. But we'll see. It could be anytime, or not anytime. My website was never meant to be a "scoop" site but a walk site - it's fun when I can be first at something, but I need to lay off that. I am also not a rumor person. It's fun to hear things occasionally, but nobody gets anything right 100%.

Oh - I don't like hotlinking either. I would rather someone use the pics and credit me, but not hotlinking. (which is why there is now a message when someone does - just not a mean one!) I didn't realize what hotlinking was until having the site.

I am looking forward to SSE. That is a favorite attraction (in my top 2) at Epcot, and I think I'll love the changes. I am so glad they aren't supposed to change too much on the way up (I am not looking at anyone elses site, I want to see it first in person).
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Interesting:

Quote Originally Posted by WDW News Today
    - After that, there is a new garage scene — complete with mailbox and car outside. It actually looks very, very, very haunted house-ish (think PsychoScareapy - Home For The Holidays) as you approach it. Inside is a guy sitting on a computer and we are told people started working to bring computers into our very own homes.
    Supposedly, this is Steve Jobs. Apparently when designing the scene, they didn't include Woz, so they just alluded to his character, and didn't actually say it was Steve.
    -Monorail Man

• Minion

Re: Spaceship Earth Soft Opening Announced

^^ Thanks.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man View Post
    Interesting:

Supposedly, this is Steve Jobs. Apparently when designing the scene, they didn't include Woz, so they just alluded to his character, and didn't actually say it was Steve.
    I need to stop reading my own thread. I don't want spoilers! :-D
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Oh - and TDLFan, I'm glad you enjoyed the fudge I made. I like to bake around the holidays.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Blog Entries

This really bothers me. Considering the Steve Jobs didn't invent the computer, and that Woz was really the brains behind the first home PC he should be getting the credit. At the very least they need two AA's but if they're only going to have one it should be Woz instead. I know Jobs is more familiar to the public, but he's only ever really been the marketing and business guy behind the operation.

• MiceChat Partner

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    giving credit doesn't mean getting permission - its very bad etiquette and seriously frowned upon. Especially the hotlinking of photos.

You're lucky they host on imageshack - most sites would change your photo referrals to something nasty for stealing their bandwidth and content.

You aren't using the content for editorial/discussion purposes - you're simply duplicating it. In many cases, they could go after you for copyright violation.

But hey.. its your site.
    It's done to my site all the time, so I don't see the big deal, I don't go chasing down people for that. I also see everyone taking directly from Orlando Sentinel, WDWmagic, and Screamscape all the time. But thank you for the warning, i didn't even realize it might be a problem.
    Webmaster of WDW News Today
    Host of the WDW News Today Podcast
    Visit us at

• Banned User

Re: Spaceship Earth Soft Opening Announced(Merged Threads)

Judi Dench as the new narrator sounds like a nice touch...I love her stuff on BBC...

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole View Post
    This really bothers me. Considering the Steve Jobs didn't invent the computer, and that Woz was really the brains behind the first home PC he should be getting the credit. At the very least they need two AA's but if they're only going to have one it should be Woz instead. I know Jobs is more familiar to the public, but he's only ever really been the marketing and business guy behind the operation.
    We touched on this on the other site as well... but for any condolences... Woz is known as the bearded one. Steve has worn beards on and off, but the time period he was more of a 'stash guy.. with a light wrapper. Woz had the heavier beard. And the character is said to be a bearded guy in SSE.

Here's a bit of story from Woz about the garage and what happened there

Wozniak: Well, actually we never did much in the garage. People think we had a garage where we sat down with soldering irons and we designed stuff. No. The only designs that ever took place in the Apple I or II for hardware or software were in my apartment in Cupertino or my cubicle at Hewlett-Packard late at night. That's the only place any building got done.

The computers were manufactured at a place in Santa Clara. They made the PC boards, they stuffed the parts in, they wave-soldered it. Steve would drive down and then drive them back to his garage. We did use the garage at his placeŚwe had a lab bench there and we would plug in the PC boards of the Apple Is and test them on a keyboard. If they worked, put them in a box. If they didn't work, we'd fix them and put them in a box. Eventually Steve would drive the boxes down to the Byte Shop in Mountain View or wherever and get paid, in cash. We had the parts on credit and we got paid in cash. That was the only way we could do the Apple Is.
    http://www.foundersatwork.com/steve-wozniak.html

But in the grander scheme, remember Jobs wasn't the engineer who built the Apple I or II but he's been the driving force behind many of the directions and philosophies that have made up Apple, through the early eighties, and of course again in Apple's rebirth when he got Apple to buy NeXT. So he certainly isn't just some shadow number pusher.

Designers are just as important as engineers - but one can not live without the other.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

•   

Last edited by PhotoMatt; 12-07-2007 at 12:30 PM.

•   

Last edited by PhotoMatt; 12-07-2007 at 12:29 PM.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Likely a CM won't say "a soft opening is imminent". They probably chose last night because it was not that busy, and it was definitely a surprise.

A SSE CM last night did say that they did not expect it to be during the day, if anything happens (but much later). But nothing might happen. I'm going to be in Epcot tonight, so we'll see. At some point, it will open. And at some point, I will see it.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by Imaginationeer View Post
    It's done to my site all the time, so I don't see the big deal, I don't go chasing down people for that. I also see everyone taking directly from Orlando Sentinel, WDWmagic, and Screamscape all the time. But thank you for the warning, i didn't even realize it might be a problem.
    I didn't even know what it was until this year. But I did see lots and lots of hits, and bandwidth being taken up - without anyone actually visiting. (sometimes with no credit at all to me).

So now, there is a message. I hear that some people have really nasty messages, I think I've seen one or two. )
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

•   

Last edited by PhotoMatt; 12-07-2007 at 12:29 PM.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoMatt View Post
    The latest word from the CM's standing outside SSE is that it "might" open around 8 tonight.
    The CM yesterday said it COULD open after 6 tonight, but it's a soft-opening - and it's not something to be definite about.

They can say anything - they cannot give too much info, or there will be a plethora of people there. The park is open until midnight (or 12:30?) for on-site guests tonight. That would be cool if it opened at like midnight. But not for off-site guests, I'm fortunate to be here this weekend.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast