• Can't get enough!

School and Neighborhood info

Hey all! I am needing a little help. There is a small chance that we could be moving down to the Orlando area. I am wondering what are the best school districts and areas to live. I am wanting outside Orlando most likely. Also, is the Kindergarten all day there?

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

Re: School and Neighborhood info

Quote Originally Posted by tayakaleb View Post
    Hey all! I am needing a little help. There is a small chance that we could be moving down to the Orlando area. I am wondering what are the best school districts and areas to live. I am wanting outside Orlando most likely. Also, is the Kindergarten all day there?
    Weikva is an excellent area and one of the best school districts around...Lake Brantley High is a top ranked school as is the Teague Middle School and Weikva Elementary. Location is great, puts you right off of I-4 and roughly 1/2 hour from Disney. Another up and coming area is Clermont with a zero crime rate, mostly all new schools and about 20 minutes from Disney...It would be a little easier to narrow in on an area for you if I knew what price bracket home you are looking for...These two areas that I mentioned your looking at a mid price of about $300,000 plus for a house...from there you can go up or down...

Quote Originally Posted by Lindawdwtravel View Post
    Weikva is an excellent area and one of the best school districts around...Lake Brantley High is a top ranked school as is the Teague Middle School and Weikva Elementary. Location is great, puts you right off of I-4 and roughly 1/2 hour from Disney. Another up and coming area is Clermont with a zero crime rate, mostly all new schools and about 20 minutes from Disney...It would be a little easier to narrow in on an area for you if I knew what price bracket home you are looking for...These two areas that I mentioned your looking at a mid price of about $300,000 plus for a house...from there you can go up or down...
    Sorry, forgot your last question...yes, kindergarted is all day....any questions please feel free to e-mail me...

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Here's an online resource that you can use to compare schools-http://www.greatschools.net/
    A signature should go here.

• Another trip down I-4

What type of job do you do? That'll help narrow down where in the Orlando area is best for you.

• Can't get enough!

Quote Originally Posted by SkittleKicks View Post
    What type of job do you do? That'll help narrow down where in the Orlando area is best for you.

well, my husband's company has an office there and the guy who currently is running it is quiting at the end of the year. I doubt we will be moving, I am just trying to be prepared just incase. Thanks to you all for your info and advice!

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney