Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Little Miss Sunshine

My Weekend in Photos - by Denise

I will have photos up tomorrow on my site, I'm really tired. But I thought I'd share some now, and actually do a report. I will go day by day, and then tomorrow will post links to more photos.

This past weekend, I was attending a series of RADP meets - RADP is what Mousefest grew out of, but I didn't do MF per se'. I was very happy that someone from RADP had a space in her room for me. Well, room(s). 2 nights Coronado, 1 night Movies, 1 night Pop. It was somewhat of an odd weekend - including a near-brawl at a Rick Springfield concert, lost luggage, being turned away at Rix lounge, people who I was supposed to meet who never materialized, and hours of waiting for SSE.

I was going to leave Thursday afternoon for Disney, but was getting caught up with some work. So in my delay, TDLFan PM'd me and said he had a ticket to the MVMCP that night, which would otherwise go unused. I was very happy about that, as I enjoy spending time with TDLFan, and I wasn't sure I'd get to the party this year.

The one thing - during the party, I got a call saying SSE was open. I really wanted to ride, but didn't want to leave TDLFan. We went over it for a minute or two, and I finally left. I missed SSE by about 2 minutes, and was okay - I was happy to get back to the MK. (just in time to see the ending of the fireworks). TDLFan wasn't planning on staying all night, though he ended up doing just that. So that was 4 or 5 hours hanging out, and it was a perfect night for the party. I liked having the apple slice option at the party, too!

Right before heading to the MK, I'd checked in at the Coronado Springs. The hostess(?) said that Rix was not yet open that evening, but that there was no dress code and I could bring my camera. Turns out, I stopped by at 1:30 or so and was unacceptable in sneakers. Nor did they want any photos yet. That was fine, the area was very loud with music by then and I prefer casual and quiet venues over loud, dancing ones. (AC, Raglan Road). I do like to throw on a dress and heels occasionally, but on whim or for a really nice event.

That is probably the last pictures I'll take at Rix, unless invited during non-business hours.
    Last edited by nbodyhome; 12-10-2007 at 10:00 PM.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Directly directed

Re: My Weekend in Photos - by Denise

Pretty!! I love the first one with the fireworks lighting up the train station.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Friday morning, I slept in. I got some work done, and I promised Matt Hochberg that I'd attend his meet (the only MF meet I really went to). That was at Star Tours at 2pm. I went to the Disney outlet, Publix, MGM. 20 minutes later, it was all over. I went back to the room briefly, and headed to an afternoon RADP party. That is always fun, and I was able to make some fudge for it (I like having people to bake and cook for!)

Around 6:30pm, I drove over to Epcot. I was supposed to meet someone from another board, but didn't know what they he looked like. And, I still don't. I have no idea what happened to him! I did run into a couple of other MC'ers as I was waiting for SSE to open. Or not open, as it turned out. One of them came back to find me, and we hung out for a few hours. Toonaspie also saw me, and said hi - I had met her before, when we were encouraging a young MC'er to beat up on Savik101 during the Micechat meet in October. What fun that was! I had never seen the new Canada film before, and actually enjoyed it a lot. So for 2 nights in a row, I actually had company in the parks. I normally don't, and had a great time.

After the other MC'er left, I took a couple of hours for photos. The Odyssey area is really a beautiful area for photos, I hadn't realized how nice the Lights of Winter reflected into it. I would like to someday get a better monorail shot through the arches, it looked so cool in the reflection. I love the shapes in the water.

I didn't take any fireworks photos, maybe when it's slower (and I get a good spot). The holiday tag is beautiful, but the ending makes me flinch a lot. Even when we were at Fantasia Gardens last night, it was very intense for me to view it (and hear it) from there.

I actually spent a little time in China watching a spider weave a web. It was so nicely lit, but I couldn't get a good pic of it.

Last edited by nbodyhome; 12-10-2007 at 08:04 PM.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by Alice's Wonderland View Post
    Pretty!! I love the first one with the fireworks lighting up the train station.
    Thanks.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• Disney worshipper/geek

These are just beautiful!!!!!!!

And so exciting, I'm a merely 4 days away from it all!!!!!!
    *happy dance*
    My mind won't rest
    and I don't sleep
    Not even in my dreams...
    -"If You Ever Did Believe"
    written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
    1985-2005

• Can't get enough!

lovin' it! can't wait to see more!

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

• Little Miss Sunshine

Saturday morning, I did what I did each morning (as I was out late) - slept in. I made it to the RADP meet (one of my favorite parts of the day was able to give a gift to someone I knew was having a hard time, that is what Christmas - and life - is all about!), and my friend Sam said that SSE was supposed to be open between 12 and 1. I had gotten a call from Kevin earlier in the morning, saying it was open, but that was the timeframe given for re-opening.

Soooooo - the ride was open. Yay. Finally! I went on twice, and it shut back down. I've already posted my thoughts elsewhere.

After SSE, I was supposed to meet some people at the BW bakery. So I walked there, didn't find anyone - didn't wait too long, and headed back through Epcot. I ran into another RADP'er (Rob) in front of SSE, and talked to him for a bit. He was approached by a survey taker who asked him if "he'd eaten here in the MK today?" He said no, but he'd eaten here in Epcot today. She was like "you can tell where I usually work"! I said goodbye to him, as he was going to do the survey. But I noticed a friend of mine (also named Rob) waving to me, and it turned out - that my friend Kim was already taking the survey. It was actually really funny:

I said "you are playing Battleship"! There was a little Battleship banter, and it made for a good photo.

I went back to the room, and got ready for the Rick Springfield concert. I am a HUGE fan, I don't go to many concerts - but this is my 4th in as many years to see him. I didn't bring my camera, since it said you couldn't. But everyone did. Oh, well! That was at the Hard Rock, which I didn't like as much as HOB (he normally is there).

During the concert, a couple of women decided to act like linebackers and force their way through the crowd (running fast and pushing anyone in their way). I've never seen anything like it. I was in the middle of what almost was a free-for-all, they ended up right in front of me. Since a situation was escalating, I finally was like "lets move away from here", and a nice guy took my shoulder and gave me a better spot than I had. AND, I got to touch Rick Springfield - twice. The two women eventually disappeared, and I had RS sweat on my hand. I can't complain too much!

Unscathed, after a night of Rick:

Noone comes between me and Rick Springfield. (but yes, I washed my hands later, I've gotten asked that too much!) I need to start running again, I'm getting too much hip-booty for my liking!
    Last edited by nbodyhome; 12-10-2007 at 10:01 PM.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Sunday, my only real plans were to go to the Tom Sawyer meet (which I missed last year), MGM for Osborne Light photos - that didn't happen, and Fantasia Golf with RADP. I was supposed to meet with someone else from Micechat, but didn't get his email in time to meet up. I hope next time!

Jennifer Marx had visited the meet, but didn't come with us (Dave did). I always enjoy seeing them, but they are SO busy now (I first met them in 1999, when it was easy to just sit and talk).

The meet was SO fun - we played hide and seek. 5 people hid, the rest of us looked for them. One hider startled me (I had no idea I would find her there), and everyone in range got to hear how loud I can scream. It is LOUD already, worse in a cave! My friend Sam hid behind a door, and I couldn't even find him when I knew where he was supposed to be (in the Mill). I was like "Sam, I was told you were in here - where are you"? And he was saying things like "whooooo can find me", and I didn't notice.

We went over to the Haunted Mansion, where my friend Kevin and I had a Doom Buggy with a voice that sounded like an adult in a Charlie Brown show. Really bad, but funny. When we left, Rob was like "why didn't you tell them?" (Kevin and I said sure, we'll just say "one of your Doom Buggies is going "wa wa wawa wa!") I said maybe we needed stickers that said "Defective" to stick on anything not working. One of the other guys suggested "Bad Show" as another good sticker option.

After that, I went to the Pop Century for dinner. Then onto MGM, which was really busy. The Magic Kingdom was just closing for the MVMCP, and it was an EMH night. The Osborne Light area was nuts, with barricades that said something like "police line, don't cross". They were shuttling everyone around the Muppet area, which was unusual to me.

I stayed for a short bit, then left early to go to Fantasia Gardens, taking photos along the way.

I did terrible at mini-golf, but had fun with it. I was very sleepy, ended up with my ball in the water - tossed a yellow ball back to someone who lost it. I overtossed, nearly hit another of our group in the head, and it dropped in the bushes. We never found that one again, but a purple one was quickly fished out.

Rick had worn me out, so I had Brian (Martsolf) get a pic of me trying to catch a nap.

I walked back to the Studios, some of the above pics are from that portion of the trip. I was so sleepy! Oh - and as far as the All Star Movies on the 3rd night. We were in the CSR for the first two nights, and the Pop on the 4th. The luggage person decided to send my roommates luggage on to the Pop for the 3rd night. That evening, I was going to upload my photos, and the broadband quit after 15 minutes (it turned out to be their fault). I went to the front desk the next morning, and said that I wanted to make sure I wasn't charged for the broadband since I couldn't use it. The agent printed out my receipt and said "the only thing you were charged for was internet". 20 or so minutes later, it was finally fixed. (sigh).

I'm heading back for the day Thursday. I am glad for 2 days off. I should have all my photos up tomorrow on the site.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Oh - you can tell, I actually really love the Swan and Dolphin architecture. I know they aren't everyones cup of tea, but I think they are stunning at night. I also didn't take photos all day, each day - I was hanging out with friends (I finished today at the Great Movie Ride).

And - the end! I don't have anyones butt picture (like Fishbulb), but here I am again with Rick!

And Red now will have to move, so I can sleep (my own LOL cat!) Can it be Caturday now?

Last edited by nbodyhome; 12-11-2007 at 09:48 AM.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by sorceress1986 View Post
    These are just beautiful!!!!!!!

And so exciting, I'm a merely 4 days away from it all!!!!!!
    *happy dance*
    Have a great trip!!!!!!
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• Circle of Ancients

Great pics as always Denise.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Thanks! I love your icon (my favorite Christmas movie - The Year without a Santa Claus!)
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

LOVE the pics! They are just stunning - all those vibrant colors!
    sounds like you had one crazy busy weekend!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by nbodyhome View Post
    Thanks! I love your icon (my favorite Christmas movie - The Year without a Santa Claus!)
    Thanks Denise.

I've been trying to update my Christmas avatar weekly since there are so many favorite Christmas movies.

Already had Elf, Charlie Brown and this week is Snow Miser. Next week ... well, who knows.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Thanks Denise.

I've been trying to update my Christmas avatar weekly since there are so many favorite Christmas movies.

Already had Elf, Charlie Brown and this week is Snow Miser. Next week ... well, who knows.
    Ralphie or Clark Griswold.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast