Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Pop Warner Kids And Families Kicked Out

Kids Thrown Out Of Disney
    Monday, December 10, 2007 12:02:09 AM
    Tools: E-mail | Print | Feedback |

View Larger
    Video
    Kids Kicked Out
    A group of young athletes was kicked out of Walt Disney World in the middle of the night Saturday.

Disney made the decision to kick out three teams participating in the Pop Warner Super Bowl competition -- two from Hawaii and one from Baltimore -- because of a fight between some of their athletes.

According to Disney, the policy written for group packages states everyone will be forced to leave even if one member of the party is involved in a violent act on property.

However, parents said the way they were treated just wasn't right.

"They could have handled it so much better, you know? They really could have. They could have said look you know what? Fine, you guys have to leave in the morning. Then our babies. We have one year old, two year old, three year olds, that we had to just jerk out of bed and they were just crying. You know it was just a bad scene. It was really a bad scene," said Labryanna Kubo, a parent traveling with the Hawaii team.

The Orange County Sheriff's Office is still investigating the incident.

Re: Pop Warner Kids And Families Kicked Out

They have caused problems every year they are here. They fight and the some of the parents and chaperones don't keep watch. It would be nice if Disney said no more to Pop Warner. Won't happen too much money.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Now if only they can get rid of the cheerleaders.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

I don't blaim Disney. I have worked in a hotel when little league teams invade. They are disrespectful, rude, snobby, and ungrateful ...that's just the parents. The kids are just as bad...just smaller versions. They expect you to treat them like kings while they treat you like inferior servants. And I'm not talking about one isolated incident. EVERY single time we had teams...the parents were like this. On one occasion, I actaully had a father call me a vulgar name because I wouldn't let his 13 year old daughter run on a treadmill in a dripping wet bathing suit. On a separate occasion, the parents stayed down at the pool till 3am (despite signs saying the pool area closed at 10pm)drinking, while their children ran amuck through out the hotel and the lobby. We're talking about kids 10 years old running around the hotel, unsupervised. When we told the parents to leave the pool area (thinking they would round up their kids and go to bed) they invaded the lobby, where they continued their party (even spanking each other) while thier children ran around in the parking lot.

So, yeah, Disney has every right to follow their rules...and throw these people out. If the parents don;t like it, they should have read the rules better and kept a leash on their kids.

• Little Miss Sunshine

I would be perfectly happy if the teams didn't come at all. They do need to learn to respect each other and those who are working at the resorts (and parks). I am glad that Disney enforced the rules.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Master Gracey's Bane

What woudl have happened if one of the families went to the front desk AFTER being kicked out and tried to get a room/reservation by themselves...NOT with the team...paying full price, etc...woudl they have been allowed back on property? Could they do another Disney Hotel?
    Do NOT pull down on the safety bar, please...I will lower it for you...

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by BALASADA View Post
    According to Disney, the policy written for group packages states everyone will be forced to leave even if one member of the party is involved in a violent act on property.

However, parents said the way they were treated just wasn't right.

"They could have handled it so much better, you know? They really could have. They could have said look you know what? Fine, you guys have to leave in the morning. Then our babies. We have one year old, two year old, three year olds, that we had to just jerk out of bed and they were just crying. You know it was just a bad scene. It was really a bad scene," said Labryanna Kubo, a parent traveling with the Hawaii team.

The Orange County Sheriff's Office is still investigating the incident.
    I think it was a better decision for Disney to make the teams leave right away (babies cry over anything anyway). Disney didnt want for take the risk of further disruption when it's 1 or 2 in the morning and there are other non Pop Warner guests who are staying at the same hotel. To get these people off property right away would ensure that the rest of the guests at the resort can get some sleep!

In fact I feel very sorry for the other guests at the Value Resorts who have to endure such chaos. And why would Disney hold conventions during the holiday season when the parks are already going to be crowded enough as it is? It would only draw people away from coming on vacation here, especially if they can only afford to stay at the Value Resorts.

They need to enforce a curfew or something on these large groups. There's only one thing that underage kids would be doing at 1am at a Disney hotel and that is to cause trouble (not to sleep). The parents shouldve made sure these kids were in their rooms long before 1am.

If money is a problem, I have a possible solution...build a separate resort on property specifically designated for youth convention groups and then make it a resort that enforces strict security and curfew. That way the unruly crowds and other guests are far away from each other during bedtime!
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post

If money is a problem, I have a possible solution...build a separate resort on property specifically designated for youth convention groups and then make it a resort that enforces strict security and curfew. That way the unruly crowds and other guests are far away from each other during bedtime!
    I actually agree with this - a hotel (it doesn't have to be considered a resort, it could be bunk beds in a large room for each team) for the groups. Just "team housing".
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• Confused One

DISNEY did the right thing. what happened to the people they were fighting with?

• Disappearing/Reappearing

If money is a problem, I have a possible solution...build a separate resort on property specifically designated for youth convention groups and then make it a resort that enforces strict security and curfew.
    haha, good luck finding people to work there. You couldn't pay me enough!!!

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Happend on the football field?
    In pop Warner rule book that No fight At all That go for parents.

Disney that the right to forces party to leave and to portect another disney guest.
    Must be real bad!!
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by akfandisney View Post
    Happend on the football field?
    In pop Warner rule book that No fight At all That go for parents.

Disney that the right to forces party to leave and to portect another disney guest.
    Must be real bad!!
    http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbc.../71210053/1086

According to this article, the fight happened somewhere on the All Star Resort property...at 1am in the morning when most guests are asleep...

...all the more reason why Disney did the right thing to kick them out...
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbc.../71210053/1086

According to this article, the fight happened somewhere on the All Star Resort property...at 1am in the morning when most guests are asleep...

...all the more reason why Disney did the right thing to kick them out...
    I am curious about what happend at 1am, where the guests went. Were they allowed to stay overnight? Or were they banned from the hotel at that time?
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• In Technicolor!

fighting = ejection

simple
    These are the games that never end.

• Little Miss Sunshine