• враг народа

Blog Entries

Liquor Licenses in RCID?

The discussion over Disneyland's application for a liquor license seems to have become something of an issue. The continual mention of the "slippery slope" got me thinking about who is in charge of issuing liquor licenses inside the Reedy Creek Improvement District. Does the issuance of liquor licenses within the Reedy Creek Improvement District fall under the jurisdiction of the District, Orange and Oseola Counties, or the State of Florida?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Re: Liquor Licenses in RCID?

really good question! I want to know the answer to this too!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Former CM

I believe that WDW would need a licence for both Orange and Oseola Counties as FL liquor licences are only good for 1 county. Disney may have gotten some break from the state though due to it's uniqueness.

• Pilot EdForceOne

RCID is a specific type of government - really focused on land management, utilities, building codes and emergency services. It's not entitled to the same things that an incorporated city or county.

Liquor control definitely is not in the current RCID scope. An interesting question would be is are the individual cities within RCID able to control licensing. I'd have to look that up for Florida abc laws.

As for WDW needing one from both counties.. it goes further then that. Disney likely needs one for every specific location.. and from who would depend on where that location is on property.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Pilot EdForceOne

Here is an interesting report that summarizes RCID's abilities and how they have used them
    http://www.oppaga.state.fl.us/reports/pdf/0481rpt.pdf

Another more interesting fact is.. the law that created RCID is conspiculously OMMITTED from the State's online statute system listing all the state laws. Pretty peculiar huh?

For the liquor licenses... you can search here
    https://www.myfloridalicense.com/wl11.asp?mode=0&SID=

You will see the Disney of course has MULTIPLE licenses - as I stated a license would be for a specific location or business - not by 'area' - though they often can be bound by areas (for instance a caterer being able to serve in only certain areas, etc depending on type of license they have)

As for the county stuff... the state actually does all the licensing - but several of their license types are bound by counties... IE the number of licenses they grant (for liquor) in a county is actually capped based on county population.

Go here for some fun reading to see just how wacky ABC licensing can be. its a list of all the different license types. Go nuts researching what type of licenses Disney has and how it limits what they can and can't do
    http://www.myflorida.com/dbpr/abt/do...ense_types.pdf
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged