• MiceChat Partner

Imagination Refurbishment On The Way?

In what will probably be the first of many, a permit has been filed to refurbish and change the post show area of the Imagination pavillion at Epcot. This will most likely be the first step in revamping the pavillion, which has spent almost a decade in dismay. These plans have been sitting around for a while, but it appears that the conclusion of work on Spaceship Earth has finally opened the door for this project. This particular permit can be found HERE.
    Provided by www.wdwnewstoday.com, Bridging The Gaps Between You and Walt Disney World!!!

So what does everyone think of this news??? And yes, it does confirm that bigger changes are on the way.
    Webmaster of WDW News Today
    Host of the WDW News Today Podcast
    Visit us at

• Minion

Re: Imagination Refurbishment On The Way?

Well, this could be a really easy refurbishment if done right.
    Note to Disney:
    Bring back the original Journey into Imagination with Figment and Dreamfinder.

If the original JII (with some technological enhancements that actually enhance) comes back it will be a great day for WDW.

• Little Miss Sunshine

I agree - return to the original, but fresher. The attraction never needed the overhaul it received (or the smack-down it received, whichever is the better term).

I can't believe how old I am sometimes, I remember having a high-school fling/crush with a guy I met on JIYI. That would have been 1983. He was really cute. That was a fun 3 days, thank you Figment!

I would like to see the Imagination playground re-opened (or whatever it was called). I had so much fun with the tunnel.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Banned User

I hope they don't bring back the old version - it screamed 1980s. I admit, I loved it, but wow. Not saying the new version is better, but I'd like to see a good post show area come back.

• Banned User

according to the permit its for repair and refurbing projectors, paint, lighting, etc. it's a start at least. and like the others I hope the ride portion gets a redo along the lines of the original. bring back the turntable and dreamfinder and of course let figment be figment and no more imagination institute.

• Minion

Could it be? DF is coming back to his people?
    "I can't believe he's back!"
    "My heart explodes with joy! Aack! *falls over*"
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

Blog Entries

The original version would be great to see again. I'd want to see some technological advancements and maybe an attempt to make the dreamfinder not be quite so creepy, but the original storyline and charm of the first ride was perfect. The effects were just outdated. Some updated special effects with the same storyline and length would be amazing and would restore my faith in imagineering.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I would give anything to see a refreshed version of the original.... and to have the upstairs Image Works reopened.

Down with the Imagination Institute! Long live the Dream Port!

• The one, the only...

The current ride is just not good. The older ride was better. I enjoyed it, but I have to acknowledge that it was dated and did not draw the people it should have.

I like looking to IMPROVE and don't look backward. I believe that a ride about imagination should be imaginative! Why make it just a ordinary dark ride. I think that a ride that constantly changed scenes or had a track that routed to different rooms each trip would be truly innovative and imaginative! Having a character like figment and music that one wants to hum when leaving would be great too.

Indiana Jones in California already has elements that change for each trip. How about adding some guest input to the connect of the attraction. A guest could select some interest areas they might want to explore. It would be like creating a "real-life" video game.

That is what I would be hoping for.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Minion

I am not adverse to looking backward. The old ride for me was Disney at its best, and I don't need that to change. Update the technology, add new effects, refresh a few things here and there as they did with the first half of SSE...but otherwise, leave it well alone. Refurbishment is good but rebuilding is better. Note to Disney: rebuild the original and I will take a trip down to Orlando just for that.

• Little Miss Sunshine

You don't have to look backward. Spaceship Earth was updated a little over the years, to the point where it never felt dated to me. Haunted Mansion, Small World, these are attractions that have had updates which didn't effect their integrity. JIYI definitely needed a refurb - the attraction was not pulling in many guests. There were areas of the ride that were feeling their age. But Disney didn't need to overhaul it completely.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Circle of Ancients

It's certainly not pulling too many guests in now either. There is NEVER a line for Figment, even on the busiest of days.

I never saw the original, so I have nothing to compare the current attraction (which I do like) to.

Don't jump to conclusions based on work permits.

While there are plans for Imagination, nothing has been formally decided on. And when it does, look for it in piecemeal fashion as both the ride and the lame movie will be replaced.

They have literally wasted close to $80 million on this pavilion in two rehabs that took all the magic and imagination out. I don't see them rushing into anything when they have more immediate plans for World Showcase.

• MiceChat Partner Site

Tom, I think we posted this news on our websites at about the same time. When I check yours to see if you had posted it yet, you didn't have anything. After posting the article on my site, I noticed that you had yours up shortly after. lol We're too speedy for each other.

We have huge news today. We just received word that Disney has filed a permit to refurbish the post-show interactive area of the Imagination Pavillion refurbishment. While nothing is comfirmed for the remainder of the pavillion, this is good news for those hoping for a major rehab to the Journey Into Imagination attraction. Let's all hope this pavillion will finally be redone correctly.
    Information thanks to MiceChat partner site, Disney Reporter.

Visit Disney Reporter - Where the Magic Lives
    (http://www.disneyreporter.net.ms)
    Four years of magic and still going strong.

• MiceChat Partner

Smile Re: Imagination Refurbishment On The Way?

Tom, I think we posted this news on our websites at about the same time. When I check yours to see if you had posted it yet, you didn't have anything. After posting the article on my site, I noticed that you had yours up shortly after. lol We're too speedy for each other.
    You gonna have to be a little quicker LOL.
    Webmaster of WDW News Today
    Host of the WDW News Today Podcast
    Visit us at