Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Nemo Musical Cast Recording CD

Hey all,

On our most recent trip to WDW we saw the Nemo musical and we all absolutely LOVED it.

I video'd the entire show and then got the cast recording CD in order to edit.
    Well of course, editing something with live singing, etc proved to be kind of difficult. Unlike Fantasmic, they are actually performing EVERYTHING in the show (except background music).

So I had to have some ... well, let's say ... creative editing while doing the video.

Which brings me to my issue.

IMO ... the cast of the show that we saw live was ALOT better than the recording on the CD. Now granted it's a VERY good recording, but it just didn't have the same 'feel' as hearing it recorded live.

So my question is ... do you think they should offer recordings of each show? So if you saw Nemo on October 24th, 2007 at 4:30 you should be able to get a recording of that show.

It really wouldn't be hard and I guarantee they'd probably get ALOT of people that would want it. Wouldn't be any harder than ordering a print of an on-ride photo or photo-cd.

And while were at it, why stop there. Do it for ALL live shows on property and even the broadway shows.

• One big touch screen.....

Re: Nemo Musical Cast Recording CD

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post

IMO ... the cast of the show that we saw live was ALOT better than the recording on the CD.
    Completely agree.

Whoever plays nemo on the CD sounds like they're about to expire during "Where's My Dad" - sort of like a cat on fire.

Nice idea re. the individual show recordings. I'm sure I've heard about some bands doing just this.........

Even if they couldn't get it done in time for physical copies at the end of the show, they could certainly make them available online.

• Little Miss Sunshine

That is a great idea. If churches can do it, there is no reason that Disney can't. There is a lot of money that Disney misses out on, by not offering more unique souvenirs. I would love to see DVD's of closed attractions as well. I don't think they really sell DVD's of the parks either, unless I've missed them.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Circle of Ancients

^ I think there are DVD's of the parks, but they are more like sales video's than full attraction video's.

Heck, the footage they use from Haunted Mansion is still that footage they got back in the 70's with the crow, etc.

I mean, come on already.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

I think that's a fabulous idea. I would even take it one step further and offer video recordings but I'm sure that would lead to illegal tape releases.

But how cool would it be if your child was in a show and you could buy a copy of that show to have at home forever.

• Happy Memories

I completely agree that the live cast of Nemo is MUCH better than the recorded cast. It's not just about it being recorded instead of live, it's the singers. You would think that it would be easier to get the best possible performers for a studio recording but they just don't hold a candle to the performers that are onstage every day. Maybe the direction of the show changed over the course of fine tuning the production, but I really don't like the style of the Marlin voice on the CD.

Your idea sounds kinda fun, but I doubt anything like that would ever happen. Heck, I don't even need an individual recording of each show. I'd be perfectly happy with a studio recording that actually sounds like the live show.

• Circle of Ancients

^ That's true.

And I'll bet it is fine-tuning.

Prime example, during the show when Dory meet's Marlin there are 3 stops (where she forgets him) before she starts singing.

- Where she runs into him
    - In the middle of the first set of seats
    - Then finally on stage

On the CD there is only 2. It works SO much better live.

If the sound quality of the life show had been better I would just be using that ... but unfortunately with screaming babies, talking people, etc ... the CD works better.

• Minion

The live performers sound better than the recording mostly because on the recording, the parts of Marlin and Dory aren't sung by the real performers. Instead, the parts are sung by Robert Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez, the show's composers. I've never seen the actual show but have listened to the recording many times. At first I was surprised that they didn't cast somebody stronger for Marlin but after learning it was the composer singing, it made more sense.

I think offering recordings of each individual show would be excessive though. There's no way to guarantee they're going to sell every recording from every show and they'll just be left with a lot of extra recording that they can't sell. Or are you suggesting that you should be able to order the recording and Disney only makes enough recordings to fill the order? Either way, it just seems a bit impractical to me. I don't see though why they can't at least make a real cast recording.

• I was deleted.

Personally I would've loved this for Tarzan Rocks! since no recording was released and some of those singers could really sing! The only down-side to this is the background sounds, people talking, etc that would be in the background vs. the studio recording. Disney might not have the time to go through and ensure that no bad words are heard, etc. if they are quickly producing music.

• Circle of Ancients

That's true BPF.

But like others have said, I'd LOVE an actual CAST recording of the actual cast now that the bugs have been worked out and they have added their own personality to the show.

• 'Ohana means family...

I love the Finding Nemo show. Best Theme Park Show Ever. I just picked up the CD last week. I am enjoying the CD a lot, although I agree that the live cast is much better. I guess it just makes one more excuse to fly out to Florida, right?

LD

i agree that the cast recordings are almost nothing compared to live, but think about it. it would just cost more money that would be better used to refurbish the attraction to release a new cd with a new cast. a new cd with each cast, or a pretty show that makes me wanna comeback for more? which one would I want? and besides, if new cds going out constantlly than come on! everybody will just buy cds and not see the show. and I am a member of my high school's choir and i can tell you, that live recordings do not do justice to hearing it live. it would just be inefficient.

• Geoff London

Quote Originally Posted by leotabelle13 View Post
    i agree that the cast recordings are almost nothing compared to live, but think about it. it would just cost more money that would be better used to refurbish the attraction to release a new cd with a new cast. a new cd with each cast, or a pretty show that makes me wanna comeback for more? which one would I want? and besides, if new cds going out constantlly than come on! everybody will just buy cds and not see the show. and I am a member of my high school's choir and i can tell you, that live recordings do not do justice to hearing it live. it would just be inefficient.
    Live recordings are best when recorded using binaural microphones. It gives as near to life reproduction as you are ever going to get:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binaural_recording

This show is a blast and I can see it heading for Broadway in years to come. One thing that intrigued me was that Sir Clinksalot says he video-ed the whole show. When we were there in October cast members were deliberately walking around the audience during the performance preventing this happening! We managed to get a few still photos but that was all.They did give two warnings about recording at the start of the show. When this is the case though - they should have a DVD of the event and, yes, they seriously need to update some of the park DVDs - some footage is ancient! They even feature old footage in vacation DVDs.
    Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

• making magic is fun!

I loved this show so much. I have been watching it on youtube.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    That's true BPF.

But like others have said, I'd LOVE an actual CAST recording of the actual cast now that the bugs have been worked out and they have added their own personality to the show.
    So... it's time for a new recording of the show, at least... right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast