• MiceChat Partner Site

What is the best Christmas event at Animal Kingdom?

Here is the latest blog from my website. I would like to hear your thoughts about what is the best Christmas event at Animal Kingdom?

Many of you have emailed me and asked me, “What is the best Christmas event at Walt Disney World?” This question is very difficult to answer, as there are so many wonderful holiday activities to choose from. I have broken this question down into each park and I will cover each park in the next few weeks in my blog, so make sure you check back
    Animal Kingdom offers the fewest Holiday events of any of the four parks. Part of the reason for that is because this park has animals which limit any nighttime fireworks shows, and many activities that would contain illuminating light shows, which might startle the animals. With that being said, from November 12, 2007 – January 6, Disney's Animal Kingdom gets wilder than ever this winter! Mickey has invited his pals to join him in this jungle parade that celebrates the season. Mickey’s Jingle Jungle Parade blends the spirit of Animal Kingdom with the spirit of the holiday season. The best part about this parade is that it is included with your park admission. Just find a spot along the parade route and wait for Mickey and his friends to come by.

You can also rejoice in traditional holiday music with a world beat twist that will have you jumping and jiving with joy. Thrill to the sights and sounds of the holiday season, and enjoy the carolers who perform throughout the day in Camp Minnie-Mickey and the Oasis. And don't forget to visit Santa Goofy's Wild Wonderland where you can meet-and-greet Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Goofy as they are decked out in their holiday attire. Donald also offers a holiday version of his character breakfast at Tusker House. And as you enter the park you will be greeted by a 65-foot Christmas tree with all sorts of fun decorations.

While Disney’s Animal Kingdom offers the fewest events you will not be disappointed though with the holiday setting at this park. The best thing about going to Animal Kingdom during this season is that outside of the Character breakfast, every activity is free, with park admission. This park is perfect for a family to hop to in the afternoon, where they can view the parade at 3:45 pm and the other holiday activities in early evening.

• We'll hold them at bay

Re: What is the best Christmas event at Animal Kingdom?

I think that have the most interesting tree out front
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• Little Miss Sunshine

The tree isn't bad. I don't find AK all that interesting for Christmas yet.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by nbodyhome View Post
    The tree isn't bad. I don't find AK all that interesting for Christmas yet.
    of all the parks, its the least conducive to being Christmasy

However, at my zoo, the Bronx Zoo, they do a holiday lights show, which is basically thousands of christmas lights in animal shapes. They have them designed like monkeys swinging thru trees or an osprey grabbing a fish. Its great
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• Nutty about Disney parks

There are Christmas events at Animal Kingdom? O_o

The only event that they even advertise during Christmas at DAK is the Jingle Jungle Parade. That's basically all the Christmas I've seen in this entire park.

Thats not to say that they need more christmas events. It's rather difficult to associate something like that into the park's theming. But You would think with the massive amount of events at MK, Epcot, and MGM, you would think that there would be a little more here.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Little Miss Sunshine

I think they could do something cool, but just haven't yet. Even the MK seemed a bit light to me in Christmas-y stuff compared with Epcot. The castle changed all that this year.

Denise
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.