If Honey I Shrunk the Audience had to be refreshed...

or replaced; what do you think would be a good replacement?

My thoughts(and my rants to be posted later today on another thread) , after being this past weekend at WDW Resort came to me this idea:

If it had to be refreshed or replaced, give it a try with Robin Williams and something related to the movie Flubber, after all, there's his picture in the Imagination Institute, maybe this would give some continuity.

Or maybe something still related to Honey I shrunk the Kids thing but adding to the mix Flubber (With Rick and Robin of Course), maybe with Flubber accidentally enlarged to gigantic proportions and making chaos like it did on the real movie.

Any better ideas?

• insufferable know-it-all

Re: If Honey I Shrunk the Audience had to be refreshed...

How about a real attraction? I'd like to see them use new technology to bring back the Flying Saucers. How about a glow-in-the-dark indoor flying saucers attraction?

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• "I just don't listen."

Flubber is a great idea.

If all they do is change HISTA a bit, please remove the mice tails...those sting so much!
    April
    Someday my prince will come
    Someday I’ll find my love
    And how thrilling that moment will be
    When the prince of my dreams comes to be
    He’ll whisper “I Love You” and steal a kiss or two

• Disney Memory Maker

There are three things I would like if they did a refurb of HiStA.
    1) I would like it to keep in line with the "Imagination Institute" atmosphere
    2) I would like Dr. Nigel Channing in it
    3) I would like the background music to stay the same
    I think they could keep the inventor of the year setup and just give the award to a new inventor. Maybe Robin Williams with Flubber or maybe someone else being named Inventor of the Year (maybe for a time machine). This way, they can keep everything else (although they can add new 3D effects) and just change the movie. Also, I'd rather they make a new preshow or bring back the "True Colors" preshow (the new preshow is the only part of the attraction I don't like).
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Banned User

the issue here.. WDW's is still bringing in people.. (thought I would love a new show as this one is 10 years now i think...)

DL's should get a new one.. then WDW get a new one later...

(Imagination pavilion.. hmm... how about something with Dream finder... *hint* going through differrent scientists imaginations.. that way you can incorperate flubber and a few other ideas...)

Thematically Flubber would be fun, though not much different from a "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids" thing. But most the public (and myself) though Flubber was pretty bad, Robin Williams or no Robin Williams. It'd be like a retheming the "The Magic Carpets of Aladdin" to "The Magic Carpets of Kazaam: With Shaq!"

In all seriousness, how about a 3D "Fantasia" thing? Where music feeds the imagination, since I can't think of much more imaginative imagery than the stuff in those films. It could end up seeming a bit too "Mickey's PhilharMagic," I guess, and has zero connection to the Imagination Institute, but I want to see giant 3D flying whales.

No matter what "True Colors" needs to come back, even if makes no sense. That songs still stuck in my head.... I suppose I could just buy the album.
    In WDW Aug. 24-29!

• Disney Memory Maker

The one thing about Robin Williams though is that I know he and Disney made up, but would he still be willing to do something for them? The last project he did with Disney was the Bicentennial Man 6 years ago and he doesn't appear to be doing anything with them in the near future.

As for True Colors, various internet radios play it so you can also listen to it there (I don't think any albums have the WDW version of the song)

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

You both have a point and I didn't look that in that perspective.
    Even though I still find HISTA funny, it's getting old. I don't want to go back to Epcot Center (it will be for me always Epcot Center) in 10 years and get as dissapointed like I was this weekend with Country Bear Jamboree. Last time I saw it was like in '86, and it still the same, audio is terrible, the AA's look like they need a long vacation, very painful to me. My wife just hated it

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

How about move the Timekeeper here, make it 3D and use the Inventor of the year theme to give the award to the Timekeeper? How's that for wishful thinking?

• "I just don't listen."

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo
    How about move the Timekeeper here, make it 3D and use the Inventor of the year theme to give the award to the Timekeeper? How's that for wishful thinking?
    I LOVE that idea....I miss the Timekeeper and he is so wonderful.
    April
    Someday my prince will come
    Someday I’ll find my love
    And how thrilling that moment will be
    When the prince of my dreams comes to be
    He’ll whisper “I Love You” and steal a kiss or two

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by askmike1
    The one thing about Robin Williams though is that I know he and Disney made up, but would he still be willing to do something for them?
    Robin Williams is a has been. I personally don't care to see him at Disney or in the movies. He is the onse single reason why I hated "Timekeeper" since day 1, even though I loved this movie at DLP and TDL when it played the original french version. As for HISTA, it's the worst 3D movie ever done at Disney and should have been taken down years ago. I have not seen it more than 5 times since it premiered at EPCOT.

Personally, I think it's time for Disney to unplug the 3D movies and give us real attractions that entertain and teach something, along with a story we'd care about... be it a ride or theater presentation.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by BigmacX
    I don't want to go back to Epcot Center (it will be for me always Epcot Center)....
    Me too!!! Just calling the place "Epcot" is simply an insulting derrogative name.

• Self Congratulative

[QUOTE=TDLFAN]Robin Williams is a has been. I personally don't care to see him at Disney or in the movies. He is the onse single reason why I hated "Timekeeper" since day 1.QUOTE]

HAHA. Then I'm sure it comes as bad news to you that they just recieved an innitial "OK" for Mrs. Doubtfire II. I'm not joking.

Personally I don't think Robin Williams would be up for anything. He was in the news not too long ago for having problem with Disney again regarding his role as the genie in Aladdin.

I personally liked Timekeeper (both WDW and DLP), but I don't think Robin has been in the limelight enough recently to merit a role in a new attraction.

Heres my idea for the re-tooling of HISTA:

Step into the Imagination Institute and put on your "Ray Goggles" to experience Epcot's new attraction, "Oh My Gosh Honey, Ray Charles Blew Up the Audience 4D."

Immediately you gasp as you see the world through Ray's eyes. Ray Charles, dramatically portrayed by Hollywood dynamo Rick Moranis, takes you on a musical journey through the streets of old-time Georgia. Duck as boiled peanuts and obsessed fans get hurled at you. Through the "magic" of 4D technology feel the powerfully wet sneezes of Ray as he suffers from ragweed allergies. The movie theater also shakes and some stuff.

Be sure to check out this attraction, only at the Walt Disney World Resort!
    (I'm sorry if I offended anyone by this post. It's 3 in the morning and I'm tired and this kept my attention.)