Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Xmas Parade on ABC

Feliz Navidad Everyone..
    Just watched this year's Xmas parade broadcast on ABC. Not bad... and I loved watching in HD format. While I can do without Kelly Rippoff and Regis, I found this year's effort to be watchable. However, I must ask... why do they have to add so much stuffing to the parade itself? Seems like the TV version of the parade is so much...brighter, bigger and better in a TDL kind of way... Makes you realize how undercooked the actual parade really is when you watch it at the park. Then having all those segments from CA's DL makes you realize even more how much nicer things are for our fan friends in Anaheim... Why can't they just make this the DISNEYLAND Parade special instead of WDW's? I would not mind that.
    Oh well... just a thought.. At least some of the musical numbers were enjoyable, and the set decor at the castle (again.. much better than the actual/regular castle stage set we get to see any day we are there during the holidays) was very nicely done, with both coasts having a similar decor that provided some continuity in the look of the whole show. My aunt could not tell when we are at WDW or DL... which speaks volumes since most people probably would not.
    Anyways... while there was a fair amount of promotional stuff thrown in.. it didn't feel as bad as in previous years...
    My rating for the show: B.
    PS- Cold someone please pull the plug on screeching Patty Labelle? If I wanted to hear alarms going off, I would have gone to my local Fire dept.

• Still wants to be a cat!

Re: Xmas Parade on ABC

Saw Wolfette in the Miley Cyrus segment, but only a Mom could tell, it was really brief.

Enjoyed the show for the most part, but it did feel like one BIG commercial for WDW and DL!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

I was on it for a total of 0.1 seconds . It was weird seeing it filmed in person then watching it on tv. I thought it was good.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Banned User

It was really good. I especially enjoyed the Miley Cyrus performance! One thing I wondered though, is that as well as showing parts of Mickey's Once Upon a Christtime & a Christmas Fantasy Parade, they also showed parts of the Parade of Dreams, & even Boo To You!

• R.I.P. Mandy

What I loved most about the show was the new heads for Mickey, Minnie, and Goofy. During the first dance number, I was like "Aw, that's so cute, they have blinking eyelids now!" Then Mickey said "Merry Christmas" and I was like "What the?! Oh, rewind, that was so cool!" Gotta love the new technology.
    Introducing- The Geek Tutorial! The new informational webseries on computers and the geekiness of life.

Screw eHarmony- I met my soulmate at Star Trek: The Experience.

Random funny exchange from Star Trek: The Experience:

BF: "If you take any photos on the attraction, we will shoot you with a phaser."
    Guest: "On stun?"
    BF: "Maybe....."
    Me: "I wouldn't trust him."

• Delawarean Girl

IMHO, I liked it this year. I love that they showed a good deal of it and that they showed Mickey,Minnie, & Goofy talking (though, I would had like to have seen Donald also), But I was happy.

I have to say, that I didn't care for Miley's singing. She's a pretty girl, that's all I can say and Jessica Simpsons' mouth would just make me laugh when she sang.

I liked how Katherine Mcphee sang. I think I liked her the best out of the singers.

• Little Miss Sunshine

I only saw a few minutes on my parents television - and as I mentioned in another thread, I was sort of surprised by the outfit (she looked like she forgot her pants).

I really don't like watching the Disney parade on TV, it's just too overdone for me. I was in the parks during some performances, but pretty much stayed clear.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999 View Post
    Saw Wolfette in the Miley Cyrus segment, but only a Mom could tell, it was really brief.

Enjoyed the show for the most part, but it did feel like one BIG commercial for WDW and DL!
    I was looking for some of my Micechat friends in the Disneyland crowd! But unfortunately I ran off to church and forgot to record the rest of the show. I'm so sorry I missed you! Does anyone know if this will eventually be posted on youtube or something like that?

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

I just LOVE the crowd reactions.. better than anything else lol
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

PS- Cold someone please pull the plug on screeching Patty Labelle? If I wanted to hear alarms going off, I would have gone to my local Fire dept.
    Can we say the same for Jessica Simpson?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999 View Post
    That's pretty much what it is these days... nothing but a big 2 hour commercial.

• Banned User

they used the recorded track for jessica, I guess none of the live singing worked for them. the rest of the WDW performances were sung live. This year's show was much better than last years, alot less choppy in the editing. I am glad they show the DL stuff but would rather have someone other than ryan seacrest as host. Just my opinion of course.

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

I thought it was kind of lame and the usual overkill, but it's what I've come to expect so I'm not that mad about it (also lip-synching is lame!! That's all I have to say)

I was intrigued by some of the characters they used this year. Like Scrooge on his own float at WDW and a Barbossa face character (was he just for this or has he been in the Pirate and Princess parties?) (I was psyced about that)
    I also thought it was interesting they had Bullseye at Disneyland and that they had Tink skating on the float that usually has Mickey and Minnie!

• Little Miss Sunshine

Barbossa was there at Halloween, he was VERY good.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

I am surprised no one mentioned the Toy Story Mania vechiles shown in the special.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

A MCer and I talked about this, but didn't the show (and most of the commercials too) seem like a huge ad for the parks. YOAMD seemed like it was the biggest thing since sliced bread in it. All in all, I liked it but not so much the advertisements.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast