Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Little Miss Sunshine

Re: Magic Kingdom New Years Fireworks

Quote Originally Posted by WDW Monorail View Post
    RoE will have a 7:30 (I think PoE is included) show and an 11:40 show. The second show will contain the 8 minute long NYE show.
    POE?

I'm glad they are doing it earlier in the evening as well (I saw it listed at 7:30, that was earlier than I expected). That way, a lot of families can go back to their rooms if they choose. I don't think I'll be there tomorrow, but I do plan for the MK tonight.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• May the F=ma be with you

Quote Originally Posted by nbodyhome View Post
    POE?

I'm glad they are doing it earlier in the evening as well (I saw it listed at 7:30, that was earlier than I expected). That way, a lot of families can go back to their rooms if they choose. I don't think I'll be there tomorrow, but I do plan for the MK tonight.
    Sorry, The Walt Disney Company is loaded with acronyms...

PoE = Peace on Earth tag.

I know that in years past, the tag has been performed with the first performance of RoE but I'm not sure about this year and last year.

Back to last night's show, I just watched a video of it and it was absolutely spectacular. It is obvious to see that this was the largest show performed at the Magic Kingdom. There wasn't a second where there was silence except for the delay prior to the countdown.

Cheers to the crew, they really do earn their pay. Some of those guys work 12 hour shifts at times. It is not easy to load 19 zones both in and around the park.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Sorry, The Walt Disney Company is loaded with acronyms...

PoE = Peace on Earth tag.

I know that in years past, the tag has been performed with the first performance of RoE but I'm not sure about this year and last year.

Back to last night's show, I just watched a video of it and it was absolutely spectacular. It is obvious to see that this was the largest show performed at the Magic Kingdom. There wasn't a second where there was silence except for the delay prior to the countdown.

Cheers to the crew, they really do earn their pay. Some of those guys work 12 hour shifts at times. It is not easy to load 19 zones both in and around the park.
    Got it. I was like - hmmm..."Pyrotechnics of Earth.... I know a lot of acronyms, but not all! I find the name "Peace on Earth" tag interesting, as they sound like they are trying to blow up the park. "Let there be Peace on Earth.... KAAAABOOOOOOOOOM". I actually flinch through the ending, but it's pretty anyway!

I am looking forward to the fireworks tonight! I'd been told that last night was a bit of a test.

I know someone who did pyro (I don't think he does it at all anymore) for a number of years, he worked on the Illuminations opening crew. They work really hard, but he seemed to enjoy the job very much.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

The calendar on the WDW site lists Holiday Wishes at 8:30 with Fantasy in the Sky at 11:50.
    Does it mean anything that the WDW site no longer lists the Fantasy in the Sky at 11:50 for 12/30 (or 12/31 for that matter)? I saw it up yesterday for both nights but now it just lists wishes at 8:30.

We've never been to the Magic Kingdom and were planning to go tonight to see both firework shows and Spectromagic.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by sportbettor View Post
    Does it mean anything that the WDW site no longer lists the Fantasy in the Sky at 11:50 for 12/30 (or 12/31 for that matter)? I saw it up yesterday for both nights but now it just lists wishes at 8:30.

We've never been to the Magic Kingdom and were planning to go tonight to see both firework shows and Spectromagic.
    I expect it's still both nights (they wouldn't NOT do them tomorrow).
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

thanks i just called and they verified there will be both shows tonight.

Can someone give me a good plan of action to see all three shows (both fireworks and spectromagic)? Should I just camp out on Main Street? Is there a better place? Is there time to ride rides between shows? Or do I pretty much have to camp out the whole time? I pretty much want to have a clear unobstructed view to Spectromagic (ie front row). The fireworks Im not as picky about the view (for instance we are pretty happy watching the fireworks from the Train Staion at DL then fighting the crowds to get into DL as everyone is leaving).

Also how crowded will it be after the last fireworks during the extra magic hours? Will we be able to hit Country Bears, Philharmonic, pan, pooh, buzz and Indy speedway during this time?

sorry for all the questions but any help would be greatly appreciated

• Little Miss Sunshine

I'm going to be there tonight, I have no idea what the night crowds are like close to midnight this evening! I wanted to skip Saturday. I think the train station might be a nice place to watch from, if you got there early enough. Or Main Street. I think the first show will be crazy busy, I bet a lot more than the second.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Oh - I LOVE the rose garden area, and it's usually a little slower and not bad for watching fireworks now that the tree is up front.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Thanks for the info. More questions :-) Are there benches that you can sit on from the Train Station that would have a good view of spectromagic? If I walked there right after the first parade would I be able to get a bench before the first firework show? Or are they reserved for tours like they are at DL for the fireworks? Also Im assuming they cut all the lights on Main Street for the Parade?

EDIT: Where is the Rose Garden? Im sorry ive never been to MK before. Can you see the parade from there as well?

• Little Miss Sunshine

I have never seen the benches at the train station roped off for groups or tours. Normally I end up watching any parade in the Liberty Square area (just occasionally Main Street), I didn't think that all lights were cut out - maybe I'm just oblivious.

I'm sure someone else can answer your questions, I am heading out to the Magic Kingdom! I'm not a big fan of most parades, so those are harder questions for me to answer. No matter what, I'm sure you'll have a great time!
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

ok thanx for all your help. We are leaving very soon also.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Hope you had fun, I left early. I was tired and a bit bored actually! :0)
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• Geoff London

Quote Originally Posted by nbodyhome View Post
    Oh - I LOVE the rose garden area, and it's usually a little slower and not bad for watching fireworks now that the tree is up front.
    Our favourite spot - you're just slightly to the right of the castle and have uninteruppted views.

Lights do go out by the way but in some back areas (like behind the Christmas shop) they just dim them.

A good place to watch parades is on the steps up to the station but make sure you don't block the route. It raises you up above the sidewalk crowd and you can get better photos of the floats.
    Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12