Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Banned User

Re: When you were 13 what did you think of the Disney Parks?

I went for the first time at 43. loved it, still do.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
    I went for the first time at 43. loved it, still do.
    Well what was your favorite memory? What stands out the most? What do you treasure most from your first trip?
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Disney Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by OFTEric View Post
    What did you like about the parks?
    What was your favorite Ride?
    What was your favorite show?
    What was your favorite experience?
    What is your strongest memory?
    Seeing as 13 wasn't that long ago for me, I can answer this easily.

Just the atmosphere. It's great to walk around and see the beautiful scenery and details that go into making the park great. One of my favorite parts about a WDW trip is walking into the Magic Kingdom and walking down Main Street. It's just for me, the official start of the trip.It's not a trip until we go to the MK.
    What was your favorite ride?
    -- My favorite ride was, and still is: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. I don't know what it is, but that's been my favorite ride since I was 4 and tall enough to ride. What was special for me on my birthday turning 14 was, that I was actually on BTMRR right at midnight. I had planned it that way, and we were able to get on and be on the ride right at midnight. It was very cool

--
    My favorite show/s were Fantasmic!, followed closely/tied with Illuminations: Reflections of Earth. Wishes is a huge favorite too. Of course the parades are awesome - I can't choose!
    Hmm.. tough one. Probably spotting Dream Squad members. It's become quite a hobby of mine, and it's just so exciting whenever I see one - I turn into a little kid. I just get jumpy and excited and say to the people around me, "There's one!!". I have a very good friend who's also Disney-obsessed who shares in this little hobby with me, and who usually goes on Disney trips with me, and it's fun to share in this with other people. We usually go up to them in hopes of learning new info, and maybe getting a prize ;-)
    My strongest memory is probably rushing up to the front whenever we're gonna board a monorail and asking if the front is available. I LOVE doing that - it's a must-do on every trip. Still got a record going!

• Crazy Furry

Just for fun I would like to know what everyone thought of the Disney Worlds when they were 13.

Even though I went to WDW when I was 12, 14 and 16...the 14th age is close enough.

1. For me I liked the overall magic.

2. For a ride, it goes to Splash Mountain hand down. I marathoned it during E-Ticket night so many times, even when it was going through some strange weather. (Raining when I get on the ride, not raining when the log goes outdoors etc.)

3. Cirque Du Soleil's La Nouba. Gotta love Cirque! ^_^

4.Favorite experience, Alien Encounter hands down.

5. I don't have one strongest memory, I have several. (Most from the E-Ticket Nights I went to.)
    -Alien Encounter
    -The group of schoolchildren I saw at the Virtual Jungle Cruise at DQ, they were having trouble with deciding where to go. A CM was going to help...but due to the way the kids were arguing, she just cracked up laughing.
    "E-Ticket Night memories"
    -The very odd weather
    -Going up one of the lift hills of Big Thunder and seeing a huge flash of heat lighting.
    -Going to the Haunted Mansion and encountering a eerie Butler with a shovel.
    -Watching a group of CM's play tic-tac-toe with tape on one of the Doom Buggies.

and the best moment of them all from E-Ticket Night and the trip period...

Walking down Main Street towards the Castle which was lit up in bright orange, only to have a HUGE burst of heat lighting arc out from behind it!
    It looked like one of those electric disks that arc out light which you can touch. I literally yelled "WOAH, The Villians have taken over!!!"
    Disney and Universal fan for life!...Shocking ain't it?
    Seize the future with X-S! Not Stitch.
    I'm not crazy, now if you will excuse me I have tea time with the ghosts at Haunted Mansion.

When I was 13 there was only one Disney Park in the world...the original in Anaheim, California.

And I thought it was pretty darn neat!

• Circle of Ancients

I didn't go to WDW until I was 31 ... so my 13 year old memories are of Disneyland. I'll share them anyway.

What did you like about the parks? Everything

What was your favorite Ride? This was the year that Star Tours opened, so that was definately high on the list. But even at 13, I loved rides like the Peoplemover, Skyway, Mission to Mars, Subs, etc. (notice they are all in Tomorrowland and now all gone )

What was your favorite show? Do 13 year olds even like shows? I guess it would have to be the Main Street Electrical Parade or Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks. They didn't have Fantasmic at the time.

What was your favorite experience? Just going to the park was fun since it was rare.

What is your strongest memory? The last time I rode Adventure through Inner Space before it closed. I love that ride. Although I was more than likely 11 or 12.

Arrow Re: When you were 13 what did you think of the Disney Parks?

Just for fun I would like to know what everyone thought of the Disney Worlds when they were 13.

Hmm...I'd have to say I honestly don't Know It was all so fun We stayed for a month in the summer all of July

What did you like about the parks? It was an escape from the real world. My teenage years were tough and I didn't have many friends. I could do anything and everything I dreamed of at the parks!

What was your favorite Ride? The Haunted Mansion. And it still is!

What was your favorite show? The closest thing to a show that I enjoyed at that age was Carousel of Progress.

What was your favorite experience? When a CM found out that my grandparents had taken their grandchildren to WDW on THEIR 45th anniversary. They let us watch SpectroMagic from the balcony at the Country Bear Jamboree. (You can't do this anymore.) I thought it was so sweet and thoughtful.

What is your strongest memory? Leaving the park at night to return home, looking up the "Partners" statue and thinking how amazing it was that Walt had accomplished all of his dreams. And that I wanted to be an artist working for that company one day. Now I'm 23 with a Bachelor of Fine Arts and planning a move to Orlando!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

When I was 13 years old. Disneyland was only 5 years old. You see I was born in 1947. The park that I saw on television was just a TV program to me. We never went anywhere that far away. My parents could never have afforded to take us there. I loved the Wonderful World of Disney that I watched on television. I loved the Mickey Mouse Club. I admired Walt Disney. I remember when Disney World was being talked about. I remember the announcement about Walt Disney's death.

I got married, and had kids. My youngest son had the opportunity to visit Disney World in the 80's (not sure about the exact year). He was mostly impressed with Epcot, he talked about the dinosaur ride there. He might have been about 13. He was visiting a classmate, who had moved near Disney World. I don't think they spent a lot of time at Magic Kingdom.

My oldest son visited in the early 1990's. He didn't speak much about the experience.

I finally got the opportunity to visit WDW in 1997. My grandson was 4 at the time. I read a lot of guidebooks before I visited. We stayed at the Polynesian.

What did I like about the parks? I was impressed with Magic Kingdom. We didn't spend that much time at Epcot. Everything was all decked out for the 25th birthday. The park was just so magical for me. Everyone was super friendly. To me, it was, so different than anything I had ever experienced in my life. I went to a lot of amusement parks as a kid. This was not like that. I think it was so much better for me, because I visited the first time with my 4 year old grandson. I had fun with him, watching him, taking pictures with him. I could go on and on. My first day at Magic Kingdom was also my 50th birthday. That also made it special.

My favorite ride would have to be Dumbo. My grandson and I rode it together the first thing in the morning. I remembered reading that if you want to get on Dumbo, you better head their first. That is still my strategy. Every time I ride it, at Magic Kingdom, and at Disneyland, I think about that first ride with my grandson, Sean, and my husband taking our photo.

I don't remember seeing any shows on that first trip. I would say, that I love all the shows that I have seen since. I think Disney does a fine job in the show department.

What was my favorite experience? I believe staying on property at Disney World makes the experience so much better. From the time you get there, you are surrounded by Disney stuff. I love that at Disney World. Disneyland is different, in that respect, but when I walk around Disneyland, I remember seeing it on television, and I sometimes "can't believe that I am really there".

What is my strongest memory? At Disney World, it was seeing Jiminy Cricket on the last float in Spectro Magic. I didn't know he was going to be there. I am a huge Jiminy fan. I can still see it in my mind, like it happened yesterday. It was so magical. At Disneyland, my strongest memory is when I saw Tinker Bell fly over as I was walking from Fantasmic to Fantasyland by way of the Trail by Big Thunder Mountain. She was so close, I thought I could touch her. As I was contnuing to walk through Fantasyland, and then through Tomorrowland, and make my way back to the Hub, she flew again. Again, she flew right over me. This was in 2005. We arrived on July 16, 2005, and stayed for almost a week.

May 11 - 16, 2015

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Awesome! I love people sharing their memories like this!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123