Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

FAB! 12/30th at the MK

Just a quick observation about my visit to the MK today 12/30th..
    I approached the park with caution... being the day before new year's eve and all that. Actually, only ended visiting there because my parents are visiting town and G-Fan wanted to catch the holiday entertainment before it was retired for this season. Against my better judgement, I went to the MK today.

Guess what!!

The MK exceeded my expectations today in grand fashion!! Much to my surprise, the park was very busy but NOT to the point of being TDL-horrible. Most wait times for attractions were do-able. Same for food service. The Pecos Bill and Harbour House Restaurants were surprisingly slow at usual rush hour times... noon and 6pm. The kids working there for the holiday season were doing a great job of moving the crowds. It was not even difficult finding a place to sit for a meal, or just resting. I was pleasantly surprised.

While the MK was busy and cleanliness was not "disney quality" like I am used to seeing in Tokyo and Hong Kong, some other areas of the park were clean enough... but there was room for improvement there, or shall I say.. return to "standards"?

However... my expectations were greatly exceeded in regards to the amount of entertainment available at the MK today.. Guests were treated to several showings of "Dream Along with Mickey" and "Twas the Night B4 Xmas" several times during the day, and then several showings of "Celebrate the Season" as night.. That was in addition to the "Cinderella's Xmas Wish" Illumination show at the castle. The Xmas Parade performed twice in the afternoon, while SpectroMagic had two showings in the evening. To top it off... "Xmas Wishes" played to a most enthusiastic response as well. To close the evening in grand fashion, we were treated to a preview midnight performance of the new year's eve spectacular version of "Fantasy in the Sky" and it was FABULOUS! (Eat your heart out TDL! The MK outdoes your puny pyro show) I *loved*loved*loved* the countdown pyro in the shape of numbers as the entire perimeter of the MK lit up in spectacular fashion reminicent of the Tencennial Celebration spectacular back in 1981. I was WOWED!

The best part was the expeditious way we were able to exit the MK (while snow showers came down over Main Street! ). The lines to board the monorails and the ferry boats seemed to be moving quite well...and we arrived at the TTC shortly thereafter... NO bottleneck mess to leave the MK and arrive at our car in the parking lot.

Needless to say... the MK deserves major KUDOS today! Great job most everyone working the park today!

PS- It was nice seeing Denise (nbodyhome) again and meeting another fellow fan.

• I was deleted.

Re: FAB! 12/30th at the MK

I'm glad you enjoyed your visit TDLFAN! That's great news and wow, a lot of entertainment offerings for sure! Maybe that's what helped to keep the lines down? I know quite a few MiceChatters were in the park tonight for fireworks and whatnot so I'm glad you had an enjoyable time.

Meanwhile I keep thinking... two years ago today I was at MK, it was crazy, I didn't do anything but this: Walk into the park at night, be sent down Main Street via backstage and ended up in Tomorrowland, got FP for Buzz and gave them away since there were just too many people. I saw Timekeeper for the first and last time, rode the TTA, watched the fireworks (GREAT FUN) and then somehow scrambled out.

Your experience sounds better and the fireworks have only improved! Hope to see them again next year.

• Little Miss Sunshine

TDL Fan -

It was nice seeing you, thank you for the book!

I left early, by around 10:30. I was bored at 9 (and tired), but tried to stick it out. I should have spent a few hours at Epcot, I love it there! I can't do the MK by myself for that long, especially when it's too busy to take photos where I want. I met an online friend at 4, and TDL Fan for a few minutes, but I was by myself at 6. I needed someone to kick my shins to keep me awake!

It didn't seem busy at all when I arrived, but it got progressively so during the evening. I did use one of my VIP type fastpasses for Space Mountain, which was great. I need to ride it as much as I can before they ruin it and smooth out the bumps.

I went to City Hall to write comment cards out for the 2 CM's who helped us the most during the Castle Stay last week. I ended up being introduced to the family who had just won. That was really cool.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Wow! I'm so glad you had a good time! It's so nice to hear that the fireworks blew you away, I was hoping they would be great!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    ] two years ago today I was at MK, it was crazy, I didn't do anything but this: Walk into the park at night, be sent down Main Street via backstage
    You know... I don't think they were sending people backstage behind Main Street (and I hate*hate*hate it when they do that.) At least I did not see the backstage gates opened for pedestrian crossing. They did have a lot of CMs doing crowd control in and around the hub areas...

• World Traveler

Thanks for the report and I'm glad you had a great time.

I was there too with my girlfriend. We didn't get there until around 8. I was surprised as we arrived at the resort and there was no traffic and I saw the MK parking lot and it was no where near full. I did my usual zig zag around the cones and parked near the front. We walked right up Main Street got a spot in the middle of the hub and watched Holiday Wishes. This show really doesn't lose anything without the perimeters. We hung around and watched the Celebrate the Season show since we missed it at the MVMCP party we went to. We rode a few rides and was surprised at how short the wait was. I have been on other nights were it seemed busier. We then got a spot once again right at the end of main street at the hub 15 minutes before Fantasy in The Sky.
    All I got to say about the show is wow. Yes, it is not the most synchronized show but they make it up in the sheer number of huge fireworks. The countdown was awesome. That was so cool using fireworks to spell out the numbers. All the perimeters going off with all kinds of different fireworks was so cool. And the finale was just jaw dropping. There are alot of things that I don't like about the current state of MK but they know how to put on an amazing fireworks show. Kudos to Brad Cicotti for designing another amazing show. This show along with Magic, Music and Mayhem are 2 of the best fireworks shows I have ever seen.
    The most shocking thing was getting out of the park was so easy. We walked down main street with the rest of the crowd after the fireworks, exited, walked up the monorail ramp and we only had to wait one train. I don't know if it was because the resort guests had EMH but we were leaving the parking lot at 12:30.
    My only negative was that the Q's of the few attractions we went on were just full of trash. They looked like no one had bothered to sweep them all day. Same thing for MILF's and Philharmagics theaters. However, the streets were pretty clean. They had alot of people out sweeping. I saw alot of managers, maintanence and behind the scenes people out sweeping. That and they did a good job with crowd control. They had cast members on all the bridges around the hub and on main street seperating the crowd to create a two way traffic flow. I am guessing that attendance this week is down from last year. Since I have not heard of any closings and after seeing the crowds last night. Well, we had a blast and we will be hitting Epcot tonight.
    Last edited by Alchimedes; 01-07-2008 at 01:01 AM.

• Little Miss Sunshine

You know... I don't think they were sending people backstage behind Main Street (and I hate*hate*hate it when they do that.) At least I did not see the backstage gates opened for pedestrian crossing. They did have a lot of CMs doing crowd control in and around the hub areas...
    There were CM's EVERYWHERE with lights. Sometimes I couldn't tell if they were blocking areas off, there were so many. They were even in the Rose Garden, so it made it too busy for me to go hang out in.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by nbodyhome View Post
    There were CM's EVERYWHERE with lights. Sometimes I couldn't tell if they were blocking areas off, there were so many. They were even in the Rose Garden, so it made it too busy for me to go hang out in.
    Denise, think of this as a preview for TDL's crowds in a semi slow day in Tokyo. If what you saw at the MK the other day bothered you, then you will be extremely frustrated with TDL if you visit on a busy day.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Denise, think of this as a preview for TDL's crowds in a semi slow day in Tokyo. If what you saw at the MK the other day bothered you, then you will be extremely frustrated with TDL if you visit on a busy day.
    TDLFan -

I don't think it would bother me in a park that I've not been to. I'd be so excited to be there, and everything would be fresh. If I've been a few hundred times or more, than - well, I did get frustrated. But I had options, like heading to Epcot or to take a boat ride, etc. I was just really tired, and didn't have anyone with me to keep me up!
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Isn't it amazing how you can have fun if you look at things from a positive point of view?

Shocked to read this message topic from you!
    -Wes

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley815 View Post
    Isn't it amazing how you can have fun if you look at things from a positive point of view?
    Sorry but that's a dumb statement.
    I don't view thing from a positive or negative point of view. I experience things and places, and if I am enjoying myself, that's good enough for me. Going in expecting to have a good time will not change my opinion if my experience is rotten to the core. Best part is you will have to read about how bad things were at the park after I get home. LOL!
    Furthermore, this should be proof that I am not as biased as some of you think in regards to my opinion about WDW.

• Living the Dream.

They sent me backstage when I was leaving the park. They made me delete my pictures though..

Ev
    Last edited by Evoulie; 01-07-2008 at 05:39 AM.

Celebrate Churros
    Only at Disney Parks..

• Banned User

Yes, they are very protective of the so-called "magic", hence the NO PHOTO rule when deviating thru the backstage areas of the park. Yet they are hipocrits at WDW since they charge a bundle of $$ on backstage tours of the property that kill the "magic" quite effectively. Nothing is sacred anymore.

• Living the Dream.

Yes, they are very protective of the so-called "magic", hence the NO PHOTO rule when deviating thru the backstage areas of the park. Yet they are hipocrits at WDW since they charge a bundle of $$ on backstage tours of the property that kill the "magic" quite effectively. Nothing is sacred anymore.
    They could at least put up some No Photos signs..

Ev

Celebrate Churros
    Only at Disney Parks..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast