• Expedition Everest

30 53.57%
  • Primevil Whirl

5 8.93%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Favorite Coasters at WDW

Did this for Disneyland, so figured WDW deserved the same treatment.

So what is your favorite Coaster, or coasters at WDW? And why?

My favorites are Big Thunder Mountain and Expedition Everest. Why? Well, not to use my answer from the Disneyland thread, but IMO they are the perfect blend of theme and thrill.

Re: Favorite Coasters at WDW

Expedition Everest hands down. The theme, the atmosphere, and the yeti are all awesome.

• Minion

Big Thunder Mountain all the way. It has the best on-ride theming by far. Space used to be great, but now it sucks becuase it hurts very badly. Barnstormer is a kiddie coaster. Rockin Roller Coaster is decent and fun, but not up to Disney standards by any means. Primevil Whirl just plain sucks. Everest is a very good ride, but it isn't all that it could be. Sure, Everest is well themed in the queue line, and the mountain itself is fanastic. Also the scene where you actually see the Yeti is great, but other than that it lacks what it needs to beat BTM. Too often on Everest, you are surrounded by no theming, on BTM, you are constanly surrounded by theming. Plus, the original BTM, took on-ride theming for a coaster to all new levels, whereas Everest doesn't even live up to the levels that BTM set back in 1979 when the original BTM opened in Disneyland. BTM, Space Mountain, and the Matterhorn were all revoulutionary coasters when they first opened. Everest is overshadowed by USF's Revenge of the Mummy, because Revenge of the Mummy has much better show scenes. If Disney could put a real audio animatronic in the room with the projection of the Yeti, plus another show element such as an ice cave (I believe something like this was actually considered), it would make Everest a much better experience.

My ranking of all the major Disney coasters (i.e. no wild mouses or kiddie coasters) in America:
    1.Big Thunder Mountain (a tie b/w DL's and MK's)
    2.Matterhorn Bobsleds
    3.DL's Space Mountain
    4. Expedition Everest
    5.Rock N'Roller Coaster
    6.California Screamin
    Last edited by GhostHost2; 01-03-2008 at 02:41 PM.

• Little Miss Sunshine

I stuck Space Mountain at the top, because it's a classic that I've loved for 30 years. EE is awesome, and BTMRR too.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Well I wish it had an option for different times of day... lol (though personally I think all Disney Coasters are better at night, minus Rock n' Roller Coaster)

YAY!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

I couldn't help it, I had to vote for them all, for very different reasons.

Space Mountain - Classic, memories of riding it as a child bring me back when I go on it today!
    Goofy's Barnstormer - Christina's first coaster she rode alone.

Big Thunder Mountain - Again another classic and this ride just seems cooler at night.

RnRC - In the immortal words of Stacey, "Aerosmith and a roller coaster, Hellllloooo"

Everest - The theming is more interesting to me than the coaster, that says a lot about this attraction.

Primeval Whirl - This is just the silliest, good old fashioned crazy kind of fun, and it's great for the whole family.

• Minion

I like them all, except for Goofy's Barnstormer because, as stated above, it is a kid coaster. Heck even that's sort of fun when you fly through the barn!

• Little Miss Sunshine

BTM is awesome at night!
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• For You!

It was really close between Rock n Roller Coaster and Expedition Everest.

But, due to Aerosmith - RnR won. Just a huge fan of Aerosmith, been to several concerts - loved the coaster, the speed, everything.

Everest was great though - wonderfully themed, love the big Yeti, and going backwards, always a plus!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    RnRC - In the immortal words of Stacey, "Aerosmith and a roller coaster, Hellllloooo"

I used to think Big Thunder and Space Mountain were OMG awesome!!

Big Thunder was still pretty nice, but Space Mountain disappointed me. It kind of hurt now, and I could vaguely see the tracks in the dark.

Also, didn't they used to seat you side by side instead of one in front of the other? I remember sitting with my dad (I don't know if I mentioned this on another thread) last time I went on it, and slamming my elbow in the door near the end. Otherwise I'd loved it.. But I was 5, so it could have been that I just happened to fit beside him and they let us ride that way, or he was turned sideways so he could see me.

Also, Expedition Everest kind of felt like a letdown, maybe because of all the hype that that girl on the hotel top 7 thing said, but I dunno.. I'd have to give it another try.

Rock N Rollercoaster was my alltime favorite though. Of all the rollercoasters I've ever been on, that one just made my knees weak. In a good way.

• She was sweet as a peach

Big Thunder Mountain was the very first roller coaster I went on. My fiance' talked me into going and I am so glad that I did. It was so much fun.

I have now gone on all of the "mountains" in the Magic Kingdom.

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States

Definitely Rock N Roller Coaster- HUGE Aerosmith fan here (Let's see - autographed guitar and banner hanging in the living room, 3 foot logo on the hood of the car, pictures of members of Aerosmith hanging out with my wife in my wallet).

We rode RnRC 32 times in one day on our honeymoon, the CMs were announcing us to guests, and one of them let me do the preshow spiel
    See more of my horrible photos (and a few good ones) at my Flickr photostream

• If We Can Dream It...

For me it's a three-way tie for first, Space, RNRC, & Everest. I love each of them for completely different reasons. I love Space because of the nostalgia and seating-style (yeah, I know I'm weird). I love RNRC because of Aerosmith (surprise!) and the high-thrill level. I love Everest for the theme and incredible Yeti. I'd be hard pressed to choose the best coaster.
    - Horizonsfan

• Disappearing/Reappearing

now, I LOVE Big Thunder.....but, there's something about Rockin. Maybe it's that I'm totally obssessed with Aerosmith....AND Disney...and this combines two great loves. But, I could ride that thing all day. LOVE it!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast