View Poll Results: Yes, I would like to be notified when there is a new meet!

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, please send me a PM.

43 63.24%
  • Yes, please send me an email.

39 57.35%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Want to know about the meets? Sign up HERE!

As the Walt Disney World sector of Mice Chat isn't as large as Disneyland's, sometimes its difficult to communicate when the meets will occur. So in addition to having a sticky at the top of the forum, I will be sending out a PM with the pertinent information.

Should you wish to be added to this list, please click YES in the poll above with your choice method of delivery. As it stands right now the meets are 1 every couple months, with a notification being sent out 3-4 weeks prior to the next meet.

Should you have any suggestions or ideas regarding the meets, please post them here for consideration, I'm always open for new ideas.

Remember that all meets are optional, you don't have to stay with the group the entire day and no one should feel obligated to attend one.
    Last edited by SummerInFL; 02-20-2010 at 07:19 AM.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Re: Want to know about the meets? Sign up HERE!

If you haven't already done so, please make sure you sign up for meet notifications! With the WDW sector still getting off the ground I'm trying to find multiple ways to communicate the location of the meets every month so everyone that wants to attend, can!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

I am always down for meeting up with my MC friends! Woot Woot!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Blog Entries

Should I ever move close enough to Orlando to come once a month you can bet I'll sign up. Unfortunately Tallahassee is too far away right now. Maybe someday. Glad to see the WDW sector taking off however.

• Senior Minion

alright the WDW section of the MC steppin up!!
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I always like to be informed, though I tend to head more to DL than WDW lately.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Super Genius

Ventura, California; 96 miles (154Km) from Disneyland

I am in San Diego now but am moving to Tampa ASAP in case anyone's wondering why I'm posting on a WDW forum

I have an idea: they have park meets at Disneyland at high noon on Sundaes[sic] so why can't we have them. I think regularly scheduled park meets are a good idea because then people accumulate.

Since they are at noon on Sundays here, why not have them at 3:00PM on Sundays for WDW, so the meets would happen to be simultaneous.

I was on another Disney fan site and they didn't had park meets but they were not regularly scheduled, so I had to watch the boards, and the turnouts were always 3 or 4 people and it was the same 3 or 4 people. By having them regularly, people will gradually accumulate.

I also tell people verbally off line about the Disneyland park meets (giving an honorable mention to MiceChat of course), this way it makes it so non micechat members can go to the meets. After a park meet, I may convert some heathens to micechatters.
    Last edited by MikeChat; 01-18-2008 at 01:52 PM.
    When I go to Disneyland, I tune my FRS Radio to channel 2, without a quiet code. They're faster than a cell phone and you can talk to a whole group at a time, and you don't have to get everyone's cell phone number in advance.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by MikeChat View Post
    I am in San Diego now but am moving to Tampa ASAP in case anyone's wondering why I'm posting on a WDW forum

I have an idea: they have park meets at Disneyland at high noon on Sundaes[sic] so why can't we have them. I think regularly scheduled park meets are a good idea because then people accumulate.

Since they are at noon on Sundays here, why not have them at 3:00PM on Sundays for WDW, so the meets would happen to be simultaneous.

I was on another Disney fan site and they didn't have park meets so I had to watch the boards, and the turnouts were always 3 or 4 people and it was the same 3 or 4 people. By having them regularly, people will gradually accumulate.

I also tell people verbally off line about the Disneyland park meets (giving an honorable mention to MiceChat of course), this way it makes it so non micechat members can go to the meets. After a park meet, I may convert some heathens to micechatters.
    Great suggestions Mike, I think you'll find the contrast is vastly different between Disneyland and WDW. We tend to be a little more spread out than close so right now we have been having the meets once a month. I usually host them and post a sticky in the WDW forum with a time/place. With the last meet I had a lot of requests for the PM thing, at least until our WDW base gets a little larger but all your suggestions are wonderful and much appreciated!

• Super Genius

Oh, yes I see. The other website I mentioned has fewer members than micechat, and on top of that, a lower percentage live in California. 1 out of 20 Americans lives in Southern California, so I can see how park meets would have a bigger turnout. I like the idea of having meets once a month.

I was a little concerned that I would have to **GASP** give up Disney! I went for 14 years without going to Disneyland, and two of those years I lived in L.A. and it was because I couldn't find anyone to go with. If it weren't for the internet (DIsney fan sites, and Star Wars fan sites for that matter), I'd be going on 18 years right now. I was worried I would run into the same problem in Florida, so imagine what a relief it was to find this thread.
    When I go to Disneyland, I tune my FRS Radio to channel 2, without a quiet code. They're faster than a cell phone and you can talk to a whole group at a time, and you don't have to get everyone's cell phone number in advance.

•   
    • Senior Minion

You know I'm thinking of going down there in April or May - right now it is up in the air depending on my work schedule.

• Super Genius

I just thought of something else: there's a "meets and events scheduling" and so far all the postings have been for Disneyland. Maybe post in there in addition to here whenever you have an event. This is in addition to emailing and PMing like you have been doing.

I'm a member of the 501st which is a Star Wars costuming club, and my understanding is that they get invited to WDW for Star Wars Weekends. I'm going to transfer my membership to The Florida Garrison when I get out there I guess I'll find out more.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
    You know I'm thinking of going down there in April or May - right now it is up in the air depending on my work schedule.

Ohhh Liz! I would love to see you if you have free time.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeChat View Post
    I just thought of something else: there's a "meets and events scheduling" and so far all the postings have been for Disneyland. Maybe post in there in addition to here whenever you have an event. This is in addition to emailing and PMing like you have been doing.

I'm a member of the 501st which is a Star Wars costuming club, and my understanding is that they get invited to WDW for Star Wars Weekends. I'm going to transfer my membership to The Florida Garrison when I get out there I guess I'll find out more.
    We are in the Meets and Events Scheduling as well, the PMing/email thing is new, the meets we've had for over 6 months. But you just pointed out the big problem with the Florida meets, no one knows when they are. So hopefully with these new additions all that will change!

• Super Genius

I'm hoping there will be one this week because I'm flying to Tampa tomorrow and will be back friday

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

I will be sending out a notice for the March meet in the next few weeks. If you haven't already done so, please make sure you sign up to receive a PM regarding the information. Thanks to everyone who has signed up so far, I can't wait to see some of you there!

• She was sweet as a peach

We would love to know about the meets.
    Unfortunately we are using the "Epcot after 4 pass" this year so we would only be available on Epcot days. After 4.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast