Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Golden State of Mind

Re: Where should we eat, what do we do/wear?

sci fi is pretty cheap where i cant say the same about ohanas
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• Little Miss Sunshine

Just a burger/fries at the Sci-Fi is $11.99 (plus tax/tip). I did that once, though I get 20% off as well, so it helped a bit. I like the burgers better at DisneyQuest, those run maybe $6.00 or so with fries (I'm not sure, it's been over a year since my DQ AP expired). I miss the days where I could eat there without having to pay anything else! I think $15.00 including tax/tip for a burger and fries is a lot.

But it's a very cool restaurant.

Ohana for dinner is about $26.00 plus tax tip - includes the appetizer, drink, entree, dessert. I think it's a better value, though it is all expensive.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Do not forget

Trail's End Restaurant
    > > > > >

Dig into the heartiest eatin' in the wilderness at this all-you-care-to-enjoy buffet. The pot-bellied stove, beamed ceilings, split log décor and flagstone floor welcome you into a simple, satisfying world of American down-home cooking. Start your day with a bountiful breakfast, featuring favorites like omelets, cheese grits, and biscuits and gravy, or enjoy dining here for lunch, dinner or snack time. Make this your mealtime home on the range.

Cuisine: American (B, L, D)
    Facility Type: Restaurant
    Dining Experience: Casual Dining (B, L, D)
    Meals Served:
    Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner: Buffet, $$ ($15-$29 per person)
    Disney Dining Plan Restaurant

Additional Information
    • <LI class=themeText>Please be advised that all Walt Disney World® dining locations are a non-smoking environment.

<LI class=themeText>Specialty celebration cakes are available for an additional charge and should be ordered 48 hours in advance.

<LI class=themeText>This location can accommodate most special dietary needs. Advance notice may be required and cancellation fees may apply. Please indicate any special dietary need at time of reservation booking.
    • Resort Refillable Mugs are sold in all Walt Disney World® Resort hotels, and can be used at the restaurant where it was purchased for the entire duration of the current visit. Each location offers soft drinks, coffee, hot chocolate, hot and iced tea.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day ºoº 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by akfandisney View Post
    Do not forget

Trail's End Restaurant
    > > > > >

Dig into the heartiest eatin' in the wilderness at this all-you-care-to-enjoy buffet. The pot-bellied stove, beamed ceilings, split log décor and flagstone floor welcome you into a simple, satisfying world of American down-home cooking. Start your day with a bountiful breakfast, featuring favorites like omelets, cheese grits, and biscuits and gravy, or enjoy dining here for lunch, dinner or snack time. Make this your mealtime home on the range.

I've mentioned it once or twice (more in other threads, as this is my personal favorite restaurant on property). You simply can't go wrong, and it's reasonable compared to other restaurants. For the $11.99 price of a burger and fries at the Sci Fi - well, for $1.00 more, you get your beverage, meal, salad/soup, and dessert for lunch. It isn't fancy, but neither am I.

I can't think of a better value on property, except for Hess pizza on Fridays.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

A great place to look too is http://www.mousesavers.com The perfect place to look for some money saving tips for WDW.

As for places to eat? Instead of searching (and spending) for a sit down place that might be more, there are some great counter service places as well.

Magic Kingdom:
    Columbia Harbor House (Best atmosphere in WDW)
    Pecos Bills ( For burgers)

EPCOT:
    Seasons (The Land) A little pricey, but good to split too.

Disney's Hollywood Studios:
    No place here is a real good choice for counter service, although I enjoy the Backlot Express and the ABC Commisary

Animal Kingdom:
    Pizzafari
    Flame Tree Barbecue

As for attractions, it might be a good idea to read the descriptions and make a basic game plan for what you want to see and do. Everyone could offer suggestions, but everyone has different tastes too. Here are mine:

MK:
    Splash Mountain
    Big Thunder Mountain
    Haunted Mansion
    Pirates of the Caribbean
    It's a Small World
    Peter Pan's Flight
    Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
    Tomorrowland transit Authority

Epcot:
    Test Track
    Spaceship Earth
    Living with the Land
    American Adventure
    Illuminations
    The Seas with Nemo and Friends

Hollywood Studios:
    Tower of Terror
    Muppetvision 3D
    Great Movie Ride
    Fantasmic

Animal Kingdom:
    Expedition Everest
    Kilimanjaro Safaris
    Both Exploration Trails
    Finding Nemo, the Musical

I am sure there are some that I missed, but these are the main ones I love.

Main thing? Have a great time, and try not to stress. Take things as they come, and enjoy your time.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Red Face Re: Where should we eat, what do we do/wear?

The All Star is a good place to start. The All Star Resort is a perfect Place to eat with the kids, they have a HUGE food court with fairly reasonable prices on pretty good food. They also have a mug (like your typical plastic travel mug) that has a one time cost and then it is unlimited soda's,coffee,hot cocoa etc. it usually priced around $13.00. In the parks there are several Quick service restaurants that are reasonably priced and serve fast food type of items. In the Magic kingdom There's Caseys hot dogs and starlight Ray's Cosmic cafe (mile high hamburgers) if you go to allears.com they not only have the menus of all the restaurants they have the prices! as far as the weather plan for everything! Late January is very unpredictable. It could be in the 80's or the 30's! Norm is around the 80s-70s but it will be whatever you did bring dress for! Jeans light shirts jackets and comfy shoes will work the best for that time of the year. The nice thing is that that is one of the best times to visit for low crowds have a great time

We are charging most everything cuz we just dont have the money to afford to go anywhere...never seem to be able to save on my dh's salary and I am a stay at home, homeschooling mom. We just decided that since we've been promising our son we'd take him to DW since he was 3 that it was time to go...before he is grown. He turns 9 in February. This is his birthday present/combined vacation. We are hoping to get it paid off in a year or two but we need to keep things to a minimum. We considered staying off site but then figured with the price of rental cars and not knowing our way around, that could be a bad thing so we opted for the value resort. We bought the tickets with the water park option and more.

We should be there from Jan 22-Jan 28...leaving the 28th. Please give me some advice for first timers....My husband and I are older...in our fifties. What is a good schedule to follow for those days for our son? We dont know much about any rides or attractions. Our son is exactly 52" tall so he should be able to do most.

Also, what will the weather and crowd scene be like that week?? Thanks so much for any help/advise you can offer.

SJeanine[/quote]

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by tayakaleb View Post
    Bring simple breakfast foods like poptarts to eat in your room and that is one less meal you would need to buy in the parks.
    I did this on my trip and only ended up eating breakfast at the hotel food court ~twice in seven days. The rest of the time I ate Luna bars, which I have for breakfast everyday anyways. In addition to the $ saved it was nice to have that time to sleep-in in the morning. If your room has a coffee maker you could even heat up water to make oatmeal.

During the day I ate kids meals a couple of times for lunch, which were about $5. If you have someone who is a light eater they might be enough to fill them up. Like others have said the All Ears menus are great especially to get an idea of what is in your price range ahead of time Edit: oops now I see you've already left! Hope you are having a great time there.
    Last edited by mousercise; 01-22-2008 at 09:12 PM.

• 333: I'm only half evil!!

Blog Entries

Definitely get some ponchos(dollar store or wal-mart are very cheap on them) or umbrellas!! Saturday at Epcot it rained quite a bit and it was warm enough for a t-shirt!! Then Sunday it was cold enough to wear gloves, hats, jackets and scarves!!
    AP Holder.
    Stay at home mom of 4 - Austin, Tyler, Sierra and Ashlyn.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12