Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1234561328 ... LastLast

• Channeling Walt

Quote Originally Posted by ti2gr
    with a facade like that I would guess that it was the Epcot monrail station, but that was wrong, Now I'll say it is either Test Track or in the area around the restrooms near Spaceship Earth. Could also be a part of Journey into Imagination, more in the area of the Honey I Shrunk the Audience
    One of your answers is "partially right". Take another look at the clue above and see if you can narrow it down.
    G7

It's your future. Make it a great one.
    http://planet7.org/

• In Technicolor!

OK, for lack of an exact description, is it the "non-glass-pyramid" part of Journey into Imagination? The blue angled portion behind the pyramids.
    Last edited by Ward; 02-28-2005 at 09:51 AM.

• Channeling Walt

Quote Originally Posted by dnjmaney
    OK, for lack of an exact description, is it the "non-glass-pyramid" part of Journey into Imagination? The blue angled portion to the right below
    Yep, that's it! It's the south-west side of the building, near the restrooms.

And the Dreamport is never far away if you use your imagination. Or at least it wasn't, before they destroyed it.
    G7

• In Technicolor!

Yay!

Ok, here's my first one. From one of the four parks at WDW.

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

Btw, Ron, I just re-read one your prior responses. The word "moderately" was not intended as a clue. Good eye for detail, though![/QUOTE]

Thanks, Planet7! I was thinking it might be Journey... but got caught up with the glass pyramids..... and I didn't look closely at my photos of the building to see the lines on the non-glass portion of the building.

Sheesh! That was hard! Thanks for the brain tease!

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

Yay!

Ok, here's my first one. From one of the four parks at WDW.

Hmmm....Primeval Whirl at Animal Kingdom?

• In Technicolor!

Yep. I thought it might be an easy one...(but, didn't want to jinx it).

I've got others, but the thread is yours if you want to post one.

Here's the full pic:

Last edited by Ward; 03-19-2005 at 09:11 PM.

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

I've got others, but the thread is yours if you want to post one.
    Thanks! Just tried to crop a photo... I'm not so good at photo editing and wound up with a bunch of pixels as the image... so... until I figure it out... which may take years... back to you and everyone else....

• In Technicolor!

Ok. Here's another one, again from one of the four parks.

• Channeling Walt

Quote Originally Posted by ron10036
    Thanks! Just tried to crop a photo... I'm not so good at photo editing and wound up with a bunch of pixels as the image... so... until I figure it out... which may take years...
    Ron, it sounds like you had zoomed in on the photo before cropping. Here are instructions for Paint (which comes with every version of Windows; if you're on a Mac, you'll need to consult the Help that comes with your program):

1. Load the image (from the File menu, choose Open).

2. Under the View menu, select Zoom. If "Normal" is greyed, then the image is at full size, not zoomed. That's what you want. If it's not greyed, click Normal.

3. Choose the "Select" tool (dashed rectangle) from the toolbox.

4. Draw a selection around the area that you want for your clip.

5. From the Edit menu, choose "Copy"

6. From the File menu, choose "New" (and answer "No" if asks yo about saving changes).

7. From the Edit menu, choose "paste". This should paste a copy of the selection you made in Steps 4-5.

8. From the File menu, choose Save.

That should do it! It doesn't look like Paint has a "crop" function--at least not that I can find--but this is a reasonable workaround. If you have a better graphics program, something with a crop, you can cut out a step or two.
    G7

• Channeling Walt

Quote Originally Posted by ron10036
    got caught up with the glass pyramids..... and I didn't look closely at my photos of the building to see the lines on the non-glass portion of the building.
    I've always had a strong interest in architecture, and I like to capture all the little details that the average tourist wouldn't think of, so I have a great many photos exploring all the wonderful architectural and other details of the Disney parks. What's especially cool for me, is that in doing so, I discover many details that I hadn't even noticed before myself. When Horizons was slated for demolition, I took more than 140 photos of the exterior alone, from as many angles possible while "on stage". In many ways it was like seeing the building for the first time. It was far more grand than you could tell just from the typical head-on shot. Likewise with many of the other buildings, including Imagination. They could have left that section the boxy show building that it is, but they finished off the on-stage facade, and it's surprisingly dramatic, a very appropriate complement to the pyramids. This "game" to me is a wonderful way of sharing my interest in these architectural details. Since not everyone has examined the buildings so closely though, I'll try to make them a little easier in the future.
    G7

• Channeling Walt

Ok. Here's another one, again from one of the four parks.

From the color scheme, it looks a lot like the Primeval Whirl above. You wouldn't try to trick us with two PW's in a row would you, thinking that we wouldn't expect that? I haven't seen any of DinoRama, so if it's anywhere there, it's lost on me. The only other place I could think of would be somewhere in ToonTown, another area that I'm not all that familiar with.
    G7

• In Technicolor!

Quote Originally Posted by Planet7
    ...it looks a lot like the Primeval Whirl above. ...somewhere in ToonTown...
    Nope and nope. In fact, you can cross out all of Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom for this one.

• Channeling Walt

Nope and nope. In fact, you can cross out all of Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom for this one.
    Well, I know EPCOT very well, and I don't recall anything like this there (unless maybe its part of the sign from Sunshine Season Food Fair), so I have to guess that it's in the Studios? I'm a lot rustier on the studios. The only things I go there for any more are GMR, TZ Tower, and RNR. I ride those and head to another park.
    G7

• Channeling Walt

It just ocurred to me also, that it could be from Wonders of Life. That's one of the few areas of Future World that I don't know well. I went in there once when it first opened, rode Body Wars, and had no desire to go back.
    G7

Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1234561328 ... LastLast