Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Donalds younger brother

Sad space ship earth question

I saw the december video online of the soft opening for space ship earth. My question is will they have anymore, I also thought that soft opeings where for when the ride was finsihed, like like with the nemo subs when they had one a week before opeing. Why do you have a soft opeing 2 months before it opens. I am wondering becase were going to be there next week and hope it would be open since they had a soft opening a month ago.

• May the F=ma be with you

Re: space ship earth question

Quote Originally Posted by misterp102778 View Post
    I saw the december video online of the soft opening for space ship earth. My question is will they have anymore, I also thought that soft opeings where for when the ride was finsihed, like like with the nemo subs when they had one a week before opeing. Why do you have a soft opeing 2 months before it opens. I am wondering becase were going to be there next week and hope it would be open since they had a soft opening a month ago.

It was a local decision to open SSE early. SSE is one of the biggest crowd control methods in the park and operations wanted it open for the holiday crowds. Depending on who you speak to, people will tell you that this was not a 'soft-opening', rather something that was planned at the last minute.
    We put the blame on WDI for opening an unfinished attraction but WDI was forced to open the attraction. From the very beginning, WDI said that SSE would be ready by February 2008.
    From what I have heard, something went wrong in late November or early December. From pictures and video I have seen of 180top and part of the descent, one can ascertain that things were rushed in order to open for Christmas. Construction materials, wires, old set pieces, and curtains were thrown askew. A cheap(but not too bad looking) star field was thrown together rather hastily, as it appears to me.
    If you ask me, WDI did not have much control of the attraction these past couple of months. However, it will still be a few more months until WDI officially hands the ride over to operations.

To answer your second question, the ride is mostly open but can close at anytime as per my understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

• Donalds younger brother

oh ok thanks.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I'm looking forward to seeing the refreshed first half next week.

• Can't get enough!

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing the refreshed first half next week.
    I thought that SSE was closed until February. When we were there the week between Christmas and New Year's they had a sign posted saying that it was closing again and then reopening in February.

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

They had soft openings when I was there on the 5th, we went on around 11am and then again right before close. No line at close.

But they do have that sign that states it can close at anytime, for any reason.

• Can't get enough!

So, they really couldn't be doing to much more to it then if they have it open still, right??

• Swice

So will it be open next week??

Trying to decide if we should even go to Epcot Martin Luther King week or not.

I've yet to see the Nemo Show at Animal Kingdom (it's been down everytime we've gone).

According to Disney website (selected only Epcot) SE is only closed Feb 9 - 14. Anybody know how correct their website is?

January 2008 for Epcot
    http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw...&date=20080101
    • Body Wars: Operates Seasonally; Temporarily Closed [January 17, 2008 to January 31, 2008]
    • Cranium Command: Operates Seasonally; Temporarily Closed [January 17, 2008 to January 31, 2008]
    • ImageWorks - The Kodak "What If" Labs: Closed for Refurbishment [January 28, 2008 to January 31, 2008]
    • Journey Into Imagination With Figment: Closed for Refurbishment [January 28, 2008 to January 31, 2008]
    • The American Adventure: Closed for Refurbishment [January 17, 2008 to January 31, 2008]
    Looking ahead to February
    http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw...&date=20080201
    • ImageWorks - The Kodak "What If" Labs: Closed for Refurbishment [February 1, 2008 to February 24, 2008]
    • Journey Into Imagination With Figment: Closed for Refurbishment [February 1, 2008 to February 24, 2008]
    • Spaceship Earth: Closed for Refurbishment [February 9, 2008 to February 14, 2008]
    • The American Adventure: Closed for Refurbishment [February 1, 2008 to February 3, 2008]
    Last edited by berg0449; 01-17-2008 at 11:29 AM.

• Can't get enough!

Oh No Figment will be closed during our trip, what will we do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by berg0449 View Post
    • Body Wars: Operates Seasonally; Temporarily Closed [January 17, 2008 to January 31, 2008]
    • Cranium Command: Operates Seasonally; Temporarily Closed [January 17, 2008 to January 31, 2008]
    Welcome to MiceChat!

I have to say that this baffles me a little bit. Did these rides ever even open for the Christmas season? And why would they even bother to say that they're temporarily closing until the end of the month? I can't imagine they'll reopen in February.

• May the F=ma be with you

Quote Originally Posted by tayakaleb View Post
    Oh No Figment will be closed during our trip, what will we do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It is just for a refresment of the Kodak post show. New floor covering, painting, new light fixtures/projectors.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by WDW Monorail View Post
    It is just for a refresment of the Kodak post show. New floor covering, painting, new light fixtures/projectors.

I volunteer my time to rip down the barrier leading upstairs so people can visit that again.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by berg0449 View Post
    According to Disney website (selected only Epcot) SE is only closed Feb 9 - 14. Anybody know how correct their website is?

January 2008 for Epcot
    http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw...&date=20080101
    • ImageWorks - The Kodak "What If" Labs: Closed for Refurbishment [January 28, 2008 to January 31, 2008]
    • Journey Into Imagination With Figment: Closed for Refurbishment [January 28, 2008 to January 31, 2008]
    • The American Adventure: Closed for Refurbishment [January 17, 2008 to January 31, 2008]
    Well, it isn't all there. American Adventure went down for Refurb on January 7th, not today the 17th.

I was just there for nearly two weeks and Spaceship Earth was open every day I saw it. A few times there was a sign saying it would close at 8:30pm that night or whatnot, but it was open with times listed on the Times Guide (but not yet on the maps.) The sign is still outside saying it will officially open in Feb. So keep your fingers crossed and hopefully it will be open. But it if isn't, hopefully that means some nice last minute changes/modifications are happening.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    Well, it isn't all there. American Adventure went down for Refurb on January 7th, not today the 17th.

I was just there for nearly two weeks and Spaceship Earth was open every day I saw it. A few times there was a sign saying it would close at 8:30pm that night or whatnot, but it was open with times listed on the Times Guide (but not yet on the maps.) The sign is still outside saying it will officially open in Feb. So keep your fingers crossed and hopefully it will be open. But it if isn't, hopefully that means some nice last minute changes/modifications are happening.
    The Disney website will always show today as the start of the rehab... just fyi.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast