• I was deleted.

Red Face Daryl goes to Disney World - Shelbyville Times-Gazette 07/30/05

Article from Shelbyville Times-Gazette- July 30, 2005
    Daryl goes to Disney World

Nine-year-old Daryl Graham will visit Walt Disney World in Orlando, Fla., this week through the efforts of the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

Daryl was born with Apert Syndrome, a result of a genetic flux, which only happens to about 15 of a million children. "The community has followed his progress through the newspaper and they ask about him all the time," his mother, Denise, said. Everyone has been very supportive.
    The trip is being sponsored by M. Lee Smith Publishers in Brentwood, which picked Daryl out of a list of children who wanted a wish. They'll leave Saturday and return Aug. 13.

Daryl and his family will be flown to Orlando, all expenses paid, and there will be no waits in line for the rides. They will be staying in a village, "Give Kids the World," which is near the park and limited to Make-A-Wish children.
    Daryl, who has a strong interest in aviation, says he can't wait for the flight to Orlando. He's looking forward to the EPCOT Center and the NASA exhibit.

They fly with Angel Flight, an all-volunteer organization that carries the family to medical appointments. They've gotten to know the pilots over the years, who have allowed Daryl to actually fly the plane.

"It's all been wonderful, unbelievable," Denise said. "The people that donate for Make-A-Wish, there's so many wonderful people out there. You hear so many bad things, but there's more good than bad."

• I was deleted.

When reading news on Walt Disney World I came across this story. I thought it was very sweet and would share it with you. There is more in the article that I didn't quote (including more on Daryl specifically) and a photo if you'd wish also.

• far, far away from DL

Re: Daryl goes to Disney World - Shelbyville Times-Gazette 07/30/05

Make A Wish Foundation is so wonderful. It gives children a chance to be be kids, just like Walts dream.

Sabrina