Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Confused One

Disney Magical Bus Question

Hey all I got a question. When I fly in to Orlando I will be getting there the night before I go to Disneyworld (so I can spend a whole day at Disneyworld ) Now we are going to be staying at the Hilton next door to the airport. But my main question is what do I do when I am ready to go to the magical bus (Disney's bus) Do I Just take the hotel bus to the airport and catch the Disney bus from there?

Any help would be great.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Re: Disney Magical Bus Question

In order to take adavantage of "Magical Express" you must be staying at a Disney Hotel.

Sadly if you are staying at the Hilton you will not be able to take advantage of this.

You can however take a Mears Shuttle from the Airport to anyone of the parks, or Down Town Disney.

There is a fee to use Mears.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Little Miss Sunshine

IF he was spending the night at the Hilton and then the next night on Disney property, then he could get the Magical Express from the airport. Like if he stayed at the Hilton, and then one night at Pop - that shouldn't be a problem. But if he's not staying on Disney property at all, then Mears (if just for one person) is the best price. Not too expensive!
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Confused One

Ya your both right I should have said the first night will be at the hilton and the rest of the nights will be at the beach club then on the disney ship so it's just the first night off property. So do I just catch a shuttle to the airport then catch the disney bus since I will be staying on property and then going to disney's ship.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by Viking16 View Post
    Ya your both right I should have said the first night will be at the hilton and the rest of the nights will be at the beach club then on the disney ship so it's just the first night off property. So do I just catch a shuttle to the airport then catch the disney bus since I will be staying on property and then going to disney's ship.
    It doesn't sound like you've made a reservation yet, because they'd ask you what airline/flight you are on. Then you'd tell them you are staying offsite the first night, and they can put that into the computer (I believe they still allow for that, you just need to make the reservation first).
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• Confused One

Quote Originally Posted by nbodyhome View Post
    It doesn't sound like you've made a reservation yet, because they'd ask you what airline/flight you are on. Then you'd tell them you are staying offsite the first night, and they can put that into the computer (I believe they still allow for that, you just need to make the reservation first).
    nbodyhome,

I went thought AAA and they said just let us know where you are staying and we will handle it. Nothing to worry about.

• Little Miss Sunshine

nbodyhome,

I went thought AAA and they said just let us know where you are staying and we will handle it. Nothing to worry about.
    When did you do that, and when do you leave? You should receive tags to attach to your luggage, as well as info on what to do.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Hi Viking, just curious as to why you would stay at the airport Hilton instead of just heading to the Beach Club? I believe the Magic Express bus is running even for late arrivals, seems to me it would be a lot less hassle than checking in just for the one night just to transfer again the next morning.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Magic View Post
    Hi Viking, just curious as to why you would stay at the airport Hilton instead of just heading to the Beach Club? I believe the Magic Express bus is running even for late arrivals, seems to me it would be a lot less hassle than checking in just for the one night just to transfer again the next morning.
    It's probably a $200 - $300 difference for just sleeping the night (a lot of people go to an airport hotel or value/mod resort before a deluxe). If I was arriving at night, I'd not check into a deluxe either.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• Confused One

Hey you 2 okay I don't leave till may18th should I have gotten my tags by now? And the reason I am not staying on property the first night because my package doesn't start till may18th I will be taking a red eye in on the 17th (I work nights and so does my wife so no biggie for us) But thats why we say stay off site on the 17th.

But should I call AAA and confirm the reservations on the magical bus since I have not gotten any tags?

• Still wants to be a cat!

You won't see your documents (tags) until about 10-14 days before your trip.....no hurry yet.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Little Miss Sunshine

Hey you 2 okay I don't leave till may18th should I have gotten my tags by now? And the reason I am not staying on property the first night because my package doesn't start till may18th I will be taking a red eye in on the 17th (I work nights and so does my wife so no biggie for us) But thats why we say stay off site on the 17th.

But should I call AAA and confirm the reservations on the magical bus since I have not gotten any tags?
    No, it's still early. If they've made your reservation, you should have them by a few weeks prior to your departure. Maybe earlier than that. So if it gets to 3 weeks prior without tags - not the package tags, those are different, but the Magical Express booklet, then ask AAA about it.

You can stay at Disney also with a AAA room-only rate (like at the Pop) that first night, but I'm sure you've thought about that. Remember also to watch for any other possible discounts that might come out for that timeframe. AAA might not watch that for you.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• Confused One

OHHH thanks nbodyhome and everyone else for your help thanks again Soooo much.

• Little Miss Sunshine

OHHH thanks nbodyhome and everyone else for your help thanks again Soooo much.
    I hope you have a great trip!!!
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

If you are staying off-site the night you fly into Orlando, then please DON'T DON'T DON'T put a DME luggage tag on your suitcases!

DME-tagged bags go directly to the resorts; they skip the airport's baggage claim, which means you won't have acces to those bags. The computer might throw a fit receiving baggage for a reservation that doesn't start until the next day ... and then who knows what will happen to your luggage???!!!

Don't use those pre-printed DME tags.

In the morning, get yourself and your bags to Level 1 of Terminal B, and find the DIsney Welcome Center. After you check in there, you can bring your bags to the bus. The driver will load them under the bus, and then you'll get them back as soon as you arrive at your resort. A tip would be in order.

But yes, you are entitled to use DME regardless of what day you fly in. You are entitled to a ride from MCO to your resort on or after your check-in day, and a ride from your resort to MCO on or before your check-out day.

In other news ....

Crunch the numbers.

Look into a Value resort room with a room-only AAA discount. For room-only, you can do this directly through Disney; you only need to go through AAA for package reservations in order to get the AAA discount. COmpare this price with the price of your first-night hotel room plus the cost of round-trip transportation between the hotel and the airport; I'm not aware of any WDW-area hotels that offer free shuttles between the hotel and airport.

Crunch all those numbers and see if there is any substantial difference.

If you check into one WDW resort for one night and then go to a different WDW resort for further nights, Disney transfers your baggage between resorts for free.

Just a thought ....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast