• Little Miss Sunshine

Bad Weather Tonight

Everyone is always worried about hurricanes, but the worst storms over the past few years that I can think of were in December 2006 (Christmas) and February 2007 (Groundhogs Day).

We are getting some strong weather tonight, the winds are supposed to be really high tonight. I hope everyone stays safe! And remember - Florida is tropical, and we don't really get many hurricanes here (2004 was very unusual), but you never know on tornadoes, etc.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Can't get enough!

Re: Bad Weather Tonight

Don't worry if your roof gets damaged. We are coming to a roofing convention next week at the Coronado so there will be lots of roofers in town!

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

I know RIGHT! I'm starting to always expect rain now in December when I attend the holiday parties... not sure what's up with that. I may push my December trip up to November.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by tayakaleb View Post
    Don't worry if your roof gets damaged. We are coming to a roofing convention next week at the Coronado so there will be lots of roofers in town!
    Just in time.

As far as December - it seems like most Christmas's are wet, though this past year wasn't.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

and that's the year I didn't go, this past christmas, I instead went to the halloween parties... gosh darn it!

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    and that's the year I didn't go, this past christmas, I instead went to the halloween parties... gosh darn it!
    I was at a Halloween Party during the remnants of Hurricane Wilma (it was raining quite a bit, but that was about it). That was great, all the cast members felt sorry for us and we probably got double the candy. (not that I need it!)

In September 2006, we were sitting on a Virgin plane to go to London - and a huge storm came through as we were on the ground. It lifted the plane up a bit, but it passed quickly. Tonights seems to be passing quickly too. You just never know what will happen, tomorrow is supposed to be very nice though (but chilly).
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• Can't get enough!

Smile Re: Bad Weather Tonight

Quote Originally Posted by nbodyhome View Post
    I was at a Halloween Party during the remnants of Hurricane Wilma (it was raining quite a bit, but that was about it). That was great, all the cast members felt sorry for us and we probably got double the candy. (not that I need it!)

In September 2006, we were sitting on a Virgin plane to go to London - and a huge storm came through as we were on the ground. It lifted the plane up a bit, but it passed quickly. Tonights seems to be passing quickly too. You just never know what will happen, tomorrow is supposed to be very nice though (but chilly).
    Yiked-that sounds scary! I hope it warms up before we get there!

• Little Miss Sunshine

Yiked-that sounds scary! I hope it warms up before we get there!
    I think it's still raining, but the worst appears to be gone (yay!) I'm planning on heading to Disney to work on my AK photo walk, some update pics, etc. - and it looks it should be fantastic out (69/59). From there on, the rest of the week looks as if it will warm up a lot.

The Virgin airline thing was scary a little, but it was in the evening and I'd taken some Tylenol PM and was nearly out anyway. I was concerned we would try to take off, but we just sat there and waited.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• Can't get enough!

I think it's still raining, but the worst appears to be gone (yay!) I'm planning on heading to Disney to work on my AK photo walk, some update pics, etc. - and it looks it should be fantastic out (69/59). From there on, the rest of the week looks as if it will warm up a lot.

The Virgin airline thing was scary a little, but it was in the evening and I'd taken some Tylenol PM and was nearly out anyway. I was concerned we would try to take off, but we just sat there and waited.
    Haha-thank goodness for the Tylenol PM!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Everyone is always worried about hurricanes, but the worst storms over the past few years that I can think of were in December 2006 (Christmas) and February 2007 (Groundhogs Day).

We are getting some strong weather tonight, the winds are supposed to be really high tonight. I hope everyone stays safe! And remember - Florida is tropical, and we don't really get many hurricanes here (2004 was very unusual), but you never know on tornadoes, etc.

When we were there in 2003, a tornado touched down DAYS after we had left in Orlando. What I was shocked by was how people just when on about their business in what I would have considered a category 4 storm. Rain coming down so fast our windshield wipers had no chance, lightening cracking just above our car, howling winds....

and people blowing past us on either side going at least 60.

I guess you just get used to it at some point, but that's the LAST time we head down there in August!

• Little Miss Sunshine

Haha-thank goodness for the Tylenol PM!!
    It's great! I don't love to fly anyway, so anything that makes me drowsy is A-OK with me!
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan View Post
    When we were there in 2003, a tornado touched down DAYS after we had left in Orlando. What I was shocked by was how people just when on about their business in what I would have considered a category 4 storm. Rain coming down so fast our windshield wipers had no chance, lightening cracking just above our car, howling winds....
    and people blowing past us on either side going at least 60.
    I guess you just get used to it at some point, but that's the LAST time we head down there in August!
    It really is crazy, but I tend to stay out of the weather when it's bad. But not all the time do people go very fast. I got caught in September coming up from Clearwater in a VERY bad storm. Visibility was bad going on I-4 near Clermont, and people had their hazards, etc. on and were driving slow. It's really scary in that situation, because I can't see the side of the road to pull over, and I'd be scared I'd be hit there too.

I don't drive in lightning if I can help it.

And that type of weather can happen anytime, it is more prevalent in August/September but it's January and this is the second big thunderstorm we've had this month (that I remember).
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

The worst I ever saw there was NYE 2002/2003. The storm rolled in around dinnertime and never let up. We got soaked, after getting caught across Epcot from our umbrellas in the lockers, and even after buying fresh dry shirts, our feet were soaking wet all night.
    Fight On! Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

• Little Miss Sunshine

I'm not sure what it is about the winter! I thought it was important that people know that some of our worst weather may not be in the fall (when everyone expects it). Tonight wasn't as bad as it looked on radar, not in our neighborhood anyway. The radar was like red, red, with a little yellow. I don't see that very often!

Denise
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• 333: I'm only half evil!!

Blog Entries

It was nice and rainy tonight...my jeans are soaked from mid shin down!! We just got back to the hotel. Although it was raining a little, Illuminations was absolutely beautiful!!
    AP Holder.
    Stay at home mom of 4 - Austin, Tyler, Sierra and Ashlyn.