Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Queen of Randomness

California Girl Meets World (and here's her trip report)

I'm you're narrator DisneyGal, here to tell you the tale of two California girls that flew across the country to the unknown which is actually known as Walt Disney World.

My mom and I made our way to WDW to celebrate my 21st birthday. There was joy, tears and much sitting on benches. Join me as I tell the tale of our exciting adventure and have many of your questions answered such as....

Why would a young healthy woman of 21 need to sit on so many benches?

Why does this girl look so sad at a world filled with Disney?

So stay tuned. You will laugh, cry, and feel compelled to sit on many benches.

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life
    12/28: Copperopolis, California

• I'll pencil this in later

Re: California Girl Meets World (and here's her trip report)

=o lol..
    more more!

• Queen of Randomness

After the whole 6am flight thing and making the brave discussion to stay up all night we take the bus to our appointed destination.

We get there at night so we head to Downtown Disney via boat which is a total trip compared to California.

Had dinner in the "Planet"

We find our way to MGM, which was in the transfer to Hollywood Studios so it was being called both, on the first day.

(Also know as the home of the really big hat.)

I was very insistant that we hit up the E-tickets which happen to be right next to each other.

First is Rock n' Roller Coaster

Then went on Tower of Terror which would totally throw you off if you have been on the one at DL. I have to admit to kinda freaked me out, I was confused. If anything the building is awesome looking.

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life

• I was deleted.

Aww! We were at Studios on the same day! I had no idea. I can't wait to see the rest of your Trip Report!

• I am number 4 of 999

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGal View Post

I've never seen Mickey outside of Camp Mickey! Was he outside the main gates?

I'm really excited about your trip report!
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

• Can't get enough!

Can't wait to read more!

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

• Queen of Randomness

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    Aww! We were at Studios on the same day! I had no idea. I can't wait to see the rest of your Trip Report!
    The park seemed to be suffering from identity crisis for several days. We were there on Saturday before the official name change, what day were you there?

Quote Originally Posted by ghosty4 View Post
    I've never seen Mickey outside of Camp Mickey! Was he outside the main gates?

I'm really excited about your trip report!
    Yeah he was outside of the park along with Goofy and I think Minnie.

To continue.....

Never having been there before there were a lot of general pictures that we took.

Sunset Boulevard

In the Hollywood Boulevard area

So we flew across the country just to be put back in California but of course it was an alternative universe version where I don't mind being. The actual Hollywood especially where the Chinese Theatre (as the Disney version can be seen below) is well not a glamorous place to say the least. So it made me giggle to see the glorified version.

The Great Movie Ride exterior

Echo Lake complete with dino which of course is often seen in Hollywood.

Streets of America

Got to take a little trip to New York.

You then only have to walk a half of a block to get to San Francisco.

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life

• I'll pencil this in later

hehe very cute, i especially love the last two pics and the snow white bush.

• Queen of Randomness

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovevmk! View Post
    hehe very cute, i especially love the last two pics and the snow white bush.
    Thank you. Yeah I thought that that Snow White bush was too cute.

The statue from the movie Splash.

We took the Disney-MGM Studios Backlot Tour. You take tram the goes through the costume building, past some props from movies and then through a staged diaster area. I thought that it would have been longer maybe going through more staged areas but there would some nice props.

Here's the cages from POTC 2

This is the diaster area...it dumps some water, a semi starts on fire...the typical diaster sort of things.

Herbie has had a rough go.

We did the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular which was a lot different then I was lead to believe. Here's a question that I have about it though...Had the show ever been in an enclosed building? Its just that I thought that I had seen video where it was within a building but its outside. For those that haven't been its a stunt show that also shows how they do it.

We then ran across the park to the Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show.

And here of course is a woman on fire. She's hot (literally of course).

Animation Courtyard

This was bording a store and I just thought that it was cool.

Back in Mickey Avenue was a walk thru of Walt's life. There was a lot of Disneyland things but there a little from all of the parks along with a video of Walt that was great.

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life

• Queen of Randomness

Warm beautiful day and then it rained...that was just our first taste of Florida weather, had no idea it was so crazy. We stuck around for the...

They did one show and then they said that it was over because it had rained earlier, I was was so confused .

We did all that we wanted to at MGM, caught this pic on the way out. I'm assuming that there usually is some sort of signage but we never went back.

We headed over to the Magic Kingdom well simply because we were too excited to wait. We about did all of Tomorrowland except for Space Mountain. We dragged our very tired bodies over to the Monorail which we had taken there well we found out that's not how we were suppose to be able to get back to our hotel, the Port Orleans: French Quarter. So we had to beg this poor bus driver to make a special trip for us to our hotel. Not really, they were very nice and willing to help us and offered us a ride. So thank you to that bus driver that made that special trip for us!

DAY 2
    Magic Kingdom

We high tailed it to Space Mountain first thing.

This lady was lecturing everyone in line that we were stupid for waiting in line because she goes there every day to monitor the line and that we were going to wait for 45 minutes. Well we showed her, it was only about 15 minutes. She was, well a little freaky.

In Tomorrowland....I just liked these.

They were getting ready to take a spin when we walked by. Actually it looks like they were mediating.

Couple of the castle just because it was the first time I saw it. I was BIG! in comparsion of course.

There was a stage show infront of the castle that we caught.

Donald doesn't believe that dreams come true, we'll show him. I was in awe of the eyes and mouth movements too. It was the first time that I had seen it.

Then we have the royalty.

Oh no, its Captain Hook. I had a ran in with him later.

She just has to crash every party.

Don't worry it all turns out well in the end.

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Thanks for a GREAT trip report DG!! I can't remember any members of the Royal court posting a TR from WDW before. I know that Splash went to DLR Paris, but other than that, most of us are stuck out here on the West Coast.

And thanks for your great shots! They are OUTSTANDING! Especially of the Osborne lights. Amazing!

Well done, O Queen of Randomness!

Wow. Great trip report. LOVE all the pictures. It looks like you got a lot done. How many days were you there?
    -Tim

• Goofy

wonderful pictures.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGal View Post
    The park seemed to be suffering from identity crisis for several days. We were there on Saturday before the official name change, what day were you there?
    Well we had a MiceChat meet for the last day of the Disney-MGM Studios on Sunday, Jan 6th 2008. On Monday cyre and I visited for the first day of Disney's Hollywood Studios. I went back on other days too but I forget now.

Amazing pictures! I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of them. It's too bad you didn't get to join us for the meet.

• Queen of Randomness

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan View Post
    Thanks for a GREAT trip report DG!! I can't remember any members of the Royal court posting a TR from WDW before. I know that Splash went to DLR Paris, but other than that, most of us are stuck out here on the West Coast.

And thanks for your great shots! They are OUTSTANDING! Especially of the Osborne lights. Amazing!

Well done, O Queen of Randomness!
    Thank you follow random royal court member. Thank you for taking a look, there's more to come.

Quote Originally Posted by halltd View Post
    Wow. Great trip report. LOVE all the pictures. It looks like you got a lot done. How many days were you there?
    Five days at the park and two days flying.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    Well we had a MiceChat meet for the last day of the Disney-MGM Studios on Sunday, Jan 6th 2008. On Monday cyre and I visited for the first day of Disney's Hollywood Studios. I went back on other days too but I forget now.

Amazing pictures! I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of them. It's too bad you didn't get to join us for the meet.
    Yeah I wanted to but we had made restaurant reservations at Epcot for that day.

I'm working on my pictures for day 2. They should be up shortly.

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast