Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• I was deleted.

Re: Taking guests backstage on purpose?

Quote Originally Posted by halltd View Post
    The characters' heads come off? Wouldn't that kill them?
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    LOL I love your sense of humor. Oh and welcome to Mice Chat.
    Some call it a sense of humor... others call it character integrity.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    Some call it a sense of humor... others call it character integrity.
    I'm so quoting this in my signature.

• Pilot EdForceOne

They do it for fantasmic at MGM all the time. The crush of people is just too great and it really speeds up the walkways by more then doubling the pathways.

The most non-show thing you see back there is mainly the stroller storage. Beyond that its just undecorated buildings.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Geoff London

It's called crowd control. You may not like it but I'd rather exit safely from a park than be crushed underfoot if there was a panic rush. Main Street is a bottle-neck in every park. And, yes, they do it frequently at Hollywood Studios in Florida. When you need to get rid of 10,000 people quickly after Fantasmic you don't go sending them down Sunset Boulevard. These routes have obviously been chosen by the fire authorities and Disney have to comply. I really can't see what the problem is.
    When they designed Main Street for Paris they put in an arcade walkway down either side at the back of the shops. It makes for an easy way to get to the exits at the front of that park and it doesn't take you backstage.
    Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

Quote Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
    When they designed Main Street for Paris they put in an arcade walkway down either side at the back of the shops. It makes for an easy way to get to the exits at the front of that park and it doesn't take you backstage.
    As I posted in Post #15 of this thread.

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by halltd View Post
    Limit admission to the park so crowds don't become unmanageable?
    Its not really that easy.

Lets say you only had 500 people in the park, but for some reason they all tried to get into Casey's at the same time. Well then you have a problem.

The park itself holds a certain amount of people, as long as they are spread around. The problem happens when they all want to jam into one small area at once.

Sure you could redesign the entrance. Make it much wider and more open. But then you loose that whole effect that it was designed for. Sort of a you cant have your cake and eat it too situation.

I have been routed out around main street a number of times. I have been in quite a few industrial / non public areas in other place (not theme parks) as I am sure we all have. Ever been "backstage" at a grocery store - sepecialy in a meat cutting room? Yeah, there is "magic" in just about any business. So going backstage at WDW was no big thrill. Now if it was a tour where they explained operational procedures, or some special tech they have, then thats a different story.

The "backstage" access at Fantasmac is even less exciting. It's essentaily a path. In fact if you get the preferred access dinner/show package, thats also how you go INTO Fantasmic.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPeaRules View Post
    With my school band, we performed at Disney Magic Music Days and we were allowed backstage near POTC via the "brown round top door". It was very cool to see all the stuff we got to see. If I remember correctly we went all the way around behind Splash Mountain as well.

I was back there with my high school band as well. That is a rather boring backstage area. The most interesting thing was seeing the back of Splash Mountain. I also didn't realize before that there was a path from Main Street back to Adventureland/door next to Pirates. I was honestly amazed at how you see virtually nothing from that path. I'm guessing it must go all the way around Jungle Cruise.

• Geoff London

Quote Originally Posted by Opus1guy View Post
    As I posted in Post #15 of this thread.

Sorry but I don't have time to read every single paragraph. And it don't hurt to say it again!

Yes they learned there lesson and built in overflow walkways.
    Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123