Thread: Tomorrowland

Tomorrowland

Magic Kingdom really needs to do something about Tomorrowland!
    Here are some of my ideas

1) Do something about the Carousel of Progress [it's a classic but everytime I see it its empty!] maybe move it to Epcot somewhere, I'm sure it would fit in perfect in between Test Track and Mission Space or The Land and Nemo plus, most of the people that go to Epcot would appreciate it more

2) Remove The Galaxy Theater [it's a waste of space]

3) Now That the Carousel & theater are out of the way... build a NEW submarine voyage [NOT NEMO, ATLANTES or THE OLD ONE]
    Theme: Your in a spaceship (boarding area) maybe build a structure above the lake and take a earth transporter (elevator with pre-show) onto a platform where you enter a submarine. the mission is to build an underwater port to transport people to, but you run into sharks and such

4) REMOVE LAUGH FLOOR [IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH TOMORROWLAND]
    i have 2 things that can possibly go there (1) addition to Buzz or (2) a Wall E attraction

5) Redo Tomorrowland Indy Speedway so its like Autopia [more track]
    possibly with a Cars [movie] twist, but that would make it Pixarland so no

6) long time needed Space Mt redo [Make each track a different ride.. 2 tracks]
    track 1.. mirror image of Disneyland Space Mt
    track 2 (Hyperspeed)... make it like a crazy rollercoaster! make it go 70mph with loops and BIG drops with a picture taken at the end.. and like 2mins long

tell me what you think

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Re: Tomorrowland

Well I personally think if you were going to move CP you should put it in Innoventions. It would be a smart fit there. Maybe CP is the entrance, and Innoventions then becomes the post show. Could be very cool!

As far as a new attraction for the area where CP and Galxaly Theatre was, I would like to see a family attraction that uses an ride system like Journey into you Imagination where you travel through space and time... kind of like the Movie Contact... where you are surounded by a circular LCD screen that simulate transporting at high speeds, then you have set pieces that show you distant planets, and places. Kind of like a round trip tour of the Galaxy.

As far as MInc goes I would like to see that overlayed with as maybe even the Robotic Comedy Club... there are plenty of Disney Robots at this point.

I would also want to see Stitch go away... oh so far away... If we are wishing, I would just restore Alien Encounterror and just add even more and scarier effects

TTA would be revamped, and a TRON room would be added, and more show scenes.

Space Mountain would get rehab

Autotopia would be converted to all electric.

The show building for my Round Trip tour of our Galaxy would be designed to cover the site lines outside of the park so you can't see the Contemporary and the new DVC wing, also the back of the building would help add a new sense of depth to Maint Street.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• I'm A

Maybe stitch goes away and in its place we get a TRON themed attraction.

I would love to see a family ride in tomorrowland.

Beyond that do something with the Skyway station.
    Visit

Click the Banner

• Vehicle rotating backward

I'll never be able to look at the Sub ride the same way again after the videogame Bioshock. The whole opening descent into the city is reminiscent of a Disney ride. Heck, if you got rid of the guns, the horror, and the Ayn Rand philosophy scattered all over the place, Rapture looks like a Tomorrowland attraction gone on the blink.

Yeah, if anything needs done at Tomorrowland, it's restoring their greatest sensory show ever - Extra Terrorestrial Alien Encounter. Man do I ever miss that show.

I like your idea about Space Mountain, but if it's going to be in the existing dome and also have two tracks, it would be quite prohibitive to have big drops and loops. Possible, sure, but very difficult. I happen to love that it's just a fun ride. And, I LOVE big rollercoasters.

I think it would be cool to make the Speedway more like Autopia too. I love the "off-road" section and how long it is.
    -Tim

i like the idea for subs.. but where will mickeys christmas show be? I say take out poohs playful spot.. and with all that are make a better theater bc mickey fits in with Fantasyland

• We'll hold them at bay

The one thing I would do is re-do the Speedway into a "Cars" themed speedway. I would switch the entrance to Toontown
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• I'm A

Quote Originally Posted by nnic View Post
    i like the idea for subs.. but where will mickeys christmas show be? I say take out poohs playful spot.. and with all that are make a better theater bc mickey fits in with Fantasyland
    Why not take out Ariels area. Its underthemed and deserves to turned into something else.
    Visit

Click the Banner

This is just a general take on everyones messages:
    supposedly bringing Tron in the parks is an idea that is actually on the drawing board, although there have been film sequal rumors for years too.
    As for redoing Space Mountain, anyone who wants a picture taken on a roller coaster should take themselves to Six Flags. This idea is far too gimmicky and cheap gimmicks are a big enough problem where Disney is concerned these days, although I do have to say you are quite right that the mountain itself needs much work in BOTH FL and Anaheim.
    On the other side of things, I believe that someone mentioned the Autopia and the Indy Speedways........Does anyone else feel that the introduction of "Carsland" or whatever they're gonna call it, might hurt the Autopia? As for the Indy Speedway, I'm not sure if a Carsland type thing will be done in FL as well, if so then that might be the opportunity to revamp the attraction.

Granted this is all from my point of view so any other thoughts???

• MiceChat Partner Site

Quote Originally Posted by halltd View Post
    Yeah, if anything needs done at Tomorrowland, it's restoring their greatest sensory show ever - Extra Terrorestrial Alien Encounter. Man do I ever miss that show.
    Oh how I miss that amazingly awesome attraction -- that's one of the biggest mistakes Disney ever made.

Visit Disney Reporter - Where the Magic Lives
    (http://www.disneyreporter.net.ms)
    Four years of magic and still going strong.

• Imagineering God

Good ideas...EXCEPT FOR SPACE MOUNTAIN!!!

For the love of God man, if that were to happen, it wouldn't be a ride the entire family could go on anymore. A 44" hight requirement and a 54" hight requirement is a big difference IMO. They could replace the track just to make it smoother, but for Christ's sake don't change that beautiful layout.

Actally, scratch that...keep the current track. It simulates the turbulence of space.

who said anything about changing Space Mountain that drastically?
    with the exception of it being a dark ride, its very tame
    my point was keep the standard gimmiks out of it(anything you might see at Six Flags)
    it need more of a tech upgrade and effects upgrade than anything

Quote Originally Posted by pongee View Post
    who said anything about changing Space Mountain that drastically?
    with the exception of it being a dark ride, its very tame
    my point was keep the standard gimmiks out of it(anything you might see at Six Flags)
    it need more of a tech upgrade and effects upgrade than anything
    IMO it just needs the same track layout and upgrades that Disneyland received, and hopefully it will get those if the rumors are true

• Senior Minion

some people got some crazy imaginations
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever