Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Has there ever been a WDW Gumball Rally?

Since I'm relatively new to these boards, I'm just now learning of the Gumball Rally event at DL, I was wondering if it's ever been planned or done before at WDW?

• Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Has there ever been a WDW Gumball Rally?

not yet....lol

this is only the second rally held.

• I was deleted.

Welcome to MiceChat ChrisFL.

No, a MiceChat Gumball Rally hasn't happened on the east coast just yet but I could see something in the future. MiceChat has had a number of meets at Walt Disney World which can be found here and/or the Meets and Events section or by contacting SummerinFL.

• Minion

There has not been a Micechat rally but a few years ago there was a huge all proprerty scavenger hunt type event where we had to answer questions from all the hotels and all the parks. It was an all day event.

I was pooped at the end.
    ďAny sequel three or higher..... around number five they get a new cast, thatís when the magic really happens": Modern Family

• Banned User

I can not possibly see a Gumball rally at WDW. There is WAY WAY too much to do at those 4 parks to do it all in just one day. Personally, I would not want to. I much rather go to CA.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I can not possibly see a Gumball rally at WDW. There is WAY WAY too much to do at those 4 parks to do it all in just one day. Personally, I would not want to. I much rather go to CA.
    Wouldn't have to be all parks is one day...how about one park each day for a weekend? Or some variation thereof?

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by FLtoCali View Post
    Wouldn't have to be all parks is one day...how about one park each day for a weekend? Or some variation thereof?
    It could be done like one year do the MK, then the next year do EPCOT & the Studios (since they're close to each other and both don't have *that* many rides). Or Studios & AK or....

You get the idea.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

yoyo has been wanting one of these... all 4 parks. No WAY.
    But it would be fun to have it in ONE park lol
    Give it a few years... and who knows
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

4 parks in one day. That's what it has to be.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Circle of Ancients

I could see them being split up over like 3 days. MK one day, EPCOT one day and WDS/AK one day. But you'd have to include the shows.

But could you imagine staffing something like that? Nightmare.

• Banned User

its not like california where you have lots of people participating and lots of people available to help. the east coast is a smaller number of people and frankly it's the east coast so they are spread apart. WDW is more a vacation destination than DL. one of the things I think would be fun would be to do something at blizzard beach as it is already set up like a racing course. you could have timed trials on the slides etc. would be a fun day for everyone.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    Welcome to MiceChat ChrisFL.

No, a MiceChat Gumball Rally hasn't happened on the east coast just yet but I could see something in the future. MiceChat has had a number of meets at Walt Disney World which can be found here and/or the Meets and Events section or by contacting SummerinFL.
    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    First of all, welcome to the site and thank you for asking a great question.

No, currently we are working on trying to increase our WDW base but as Florida doesn't have as many locals as California, it's taken a little bit to get off the ground.

I have considered doing a scavenger hunt type event but it would probably be in one park, not multiple, I'm not that crazy.

Depending on how well it is received and how many people show up I will eventually expand it into something larger, hopefully by that point we will already have a great base of people that go to the meets and it will be successful.

But thanks for the reminder, now I can focus on that idea that I've had rolling around in my brain again.

As a reminder, in addition to keeping an eye out for a Sticky in the Walt Disney World forum, I encourage anyone to sign up and receive PM/Email notices regarding the monthly meets. You can sign up HERE to be added to the list!

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    4 parks in one day. That's what it has to be.

After reading the reports from the last Gumball Rally I like the idea of all 4 WDW parks.

People FINISHED the Gumball Rally. I wan't to see people passed out at the exit gates from exhaustion, riding down to the wire. Thats good Disney fun

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    After reading the reports from the last Gumball Rally I like the idea of all 4 WDW parks.

People FINISHED the Gumball Rally. I wan't to see people passed out at the exit gates from exhaustion, riding down to the wire. Thats good Disney fun

-dave

LOL I'll make an event, just for you dave.

• Banned User

maybe the next time the californians do a fall invasion they could do something one day since they already know how to organise such events and there would be enough people to do it propperly. I know I would love to help out with something like that.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast