Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Barcode on refillable mugs?

http://www.mouseplanet.com/mike/refi...cy_changes.htm

Has this gone into effect? We planned on buying the mugs on our trip but...I sure would like to be able to refill them at AKL, Beach Club, and the Polynesian with coffee after dinner the nights we eat there!

• Little Miss Sunshine

Re: Barcode on refillable mugs?

I believe that article is 4 or 5 years old now (whenever the water parks started the program). Nothing similar has been implemented at the hotels. The mugs are supposed to be only used at the resort bought at, but now they all look the same anyway.

Actually, it looks like the article was from 2002, nearly 6 years old now.
    Last edited by nbodyhome; 01-24-2008 at 05:36 PM.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

The mugs are a good deal but they are only to be used at the resort you purchased them at. If we all keep that in mind, maybe the cost of the mugs won't keep going up.

Quote Originally Posted by Greatdanedaddy View Post
    The mugs are a good deal but they are only to be used at the resort you purchased them at. If we all keep that in mind, maybe the cost of the mugs won't keep going up.
    That strange, the cast members had no problem with me using my All-Star Sports and Fort Wilderness Lodge mugs at Dixie Landings. Oh well, I always do that.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey joe View Post
    That strange, the cast members had no problem with me using my All-Star Sports and Fort Wilderness Lodge mugs at Dixie Landings. Oh well, I always do that.
    The new mugs are all the same, at all the resorts.

Of course, if you have a car, you can buy soda much more cheaply from Hess (or Publix). But it isn't a bad deal still if you want a souvenir mug. I hope they eventually go back to the resort specific mugs.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

As posted at the shelf where you buy the mugs, and as printed on the mugs themselves, the mugs may only be refilled during the length of your current stay and are not valid for refills on future trips.

That being said, Disney doesn't have Mug Police. CMs will hardly even notice, let alone say anything. So it's really on everyone's honor and honesty. Personally, I won't steal and I won't teach my kids to steal.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Last night at food court at Pop Century I saw a lady in line ahead of me with one of the old Pop mugs and the CM that rung her up didn't say boo about it.

I only plan on buying the mug and using it for that trip. We are staying at Pop though and eating dinner at other resorts other nights (Boma, Cape May, Ohana, etc) and was just wondering if I would be able to get a coffee fill up after dinner if it was at a different resort from the one I was currently staying at. It seems like it shouldn't matter if you fill at Pop vs. Beach Club, same stay, same cost, etc.

The refillable mugs all look the same now, so if you buy one at say, the Polynesian, it would be the exact same one they sell at the Wilderness Lodge, Pop Century, Port Orleans, etc. They're all blue with the Year of a Million Dreams mumbo-jumbo on it.

Quote Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
    As posted at the shelf where you buy the mugs, and as printed on the mugs themselves, the mugs may only be refilled during the length of your current stay and are not valid for refills on future trips.

That being said, Disney doesn't have Mug Police. CMs will hardly even notice, let alone say anything. So it's really on everyone's honor and honesty. Personally, I won't steal and I won't teach my kids to steal.
    I don't think that it is stealing. It call a refill for a reason. In the past, I have had no problem with using my resort mugs and the cast members are fine about it. I guess the policies changed.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

• Little Miss Sunshine

Cast members used to tell guests to bring the mugs back for future stays. The mugs used to be really nice too, the Wilderness Lodge ones were heavy Aladdin mugs. (I don't have any of my original nicer mugs).

Now there is a sign saying only for LOS, that resort. It seems odd to make all the mugs the same, though (it sort of defeats the purpose of resort-specific mugs for the LOS).
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by nbodyhome View Post
    Cast members used to tell guests to bring the mugs back for future stays. The mugs used to be really nice too, the Wilderness Lodge ones were heavy Aladdin mugs. (I don't have any of my original nicer mugs).

Now there is a sign saying only for LOS, that resort. It seems odd to make all the mugs the same, though (it sort of defeats the purpose of resort-specific mugs for the LOS).

That what I remember as well. I went in 1997 and got my first one at Dixie Landings.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey joe View Post
    That what I remember as well. I went in 1997 and got my first one at Dixie Landings.
    Refillable mugs threads can be pretty potent online, and have been for years. Once the CM's stopped saying "bring the mugs back", the debate started (between the mug holders from previous years vs. new mug holders). Now the policy is spelled out. But what of the old mug holders? The debate continues. (but people even use non-Disney mugs, there is no enforcement).

I barely drink soda, so it's not even an issue for me. But it's really cheaper just to bring some 2-liter bottles from the Hess (or elsewhere).

Anyway - the article is 5 or 6 years old now, and there have never been any barcodes at the resorts.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

I saw one of the old Pop Century mugs last week. A lady ahead of me in line had one. I've thought about getting one, but I wouldn't want to carry it around all day. I usually just get a small bottle of water that will fit in my messenger bag or get a bottle of Coke I'll just refill from the water fountains once the pop is gone.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

We didn't carry ours around all day - we'd just use them when we ate there, like we'd have breakfast then go back to the room or we'd eat a snack and carry the mug to the room to eat it or at night we'd run down there to get a drink. We never carried it around - we used our camelbacks
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast