Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

"The "I'm tired an my legs hurt!" trip report

I got back last night just before midnight.

It all started on Thursday when I got to Downtown Disney. Traded in my 4 Day Play pass voucher for the real thing, then got lunch at Earl of Sandwich. Got the All American with no tomato (ick). Yummy!

Wonderpup came along....

Did some shopping. Found a CD I'd been trying to get my mitts on since November at Virgin. Then I headed to the hotel to check in. Stayed at Pop Century again. They put me in the 50's building, My room overlooked the bowling pin pool.

I love JapanTV!

This guy was waiting for us in the room.

Looked across the lake to see the abandoned other side of Pop Century they started to build and never finished. Such an eyesore. I really wish they'd either tear the buildings down or go back and finish them.

Some random Pop Century shots...

This is the Generation Gap bridge that was supposed to link the Classic Years to the other part of Pop Century.

The bridge was never finished.

You can see the main building for the abandoned side through the trees.

Looking across at the Classic Years buildings.

Couple more random shots:

After wandering around, I got dinner at the food court, then hopped on the bus to MK. I didn't go in, but instead took the resort monorail to the Grand Floridian to snoop around. Very pretty but too rich for my blood. Went back to Pop and played around in the arcade for awhile. Got hooked on skee ball and won myself a little blue bear.

Stay tuned for part 2/day 2!

Re: "The "I'm tired an my legs hurt!" trip report

Good TR Aimster . Every time i came i stayed here at the pop Century . I also stayed at the All Stars Sport once .

• Delawarean Girl

Thanks for sharing your photos with us, aimster. Seeing pictures of the "abandoned other side of Pop Century", always gives me some chills. For some reason. But, I just love it too.

I stayed at the Pop Century only once. But I didn't know what the buildings were at the time . I learned sometime ago from MiceChat. I viewed a YouTube video of it.

I stayed actually where the Play-Doh figure is.

Sorry to hear about your legs hurting. But, I do hope you had a wonderful time at WDW.

-Hayley B.

GAH! I started writing part 2 and somehow closed the window!

Anyhow...

Got to MK, then had to go meet the parental units at the TTC. At MK they had the express monorail walkway blocked off until allmost 11:00am because they were painting the railings. You had to take the resort monorail back to the TTC. Why couldn't they have done the painting the night before? BAD SHOW!

Mom finally got a photo with Pluto.

My parents are the slowest walkers on the planet. I thought we'd never get up Main Street. I'm just a naturally fast walker. Finally made it to Tomorrowland for spins on the People Mover and Carousel of Progress.

New character sighting in Fantasyland! They now have the girl from "My Friends Tigger & Pooh". I have no idea what her name is though.

Sent the folks to ride Small World (evil ride) while I saw Tigger. Met up at Pinocchio Village Haus for lunch. It was packed! There were more people than tables. We sat on a bench and ate. Wated to do Haunted Mansion, but the line was halfway to the boatdock. MK was really busy for some reason. Wasn't this busy when I came here this same time last year. We were getting annoyed and my mom kept getting rammed into with strollers (we agreed we need tasers for those people), so we headed out and got on the monorail to go to EPCOT.

Up front again!

Beverly claims another victim.

Checked out the new Spaceship Earth. Loved the enhancements in the first half. Very nice! The video during the decent.... my folks were in the seats in front of me so I could see their video as well as mine. OMG... I was laughing so hard I was crying. I could barely breathe I was howling. My mom was laughing like a hyena too. They got another game in the post-show going. I forget what its called. Innovator or something? They had one unit up and another one with a box around it (probably still building it).

Finally got to World Showcase. Off Kilter was playing, so we watched them for a bit, then went to the UK to see The British Invasion. My mom isn't a Beatles fan (she liked Elvis & The Beach Boys), but she knows a lot of their songs. I saw my "boys" again...

Stocked up on candy in Japan (I am addicted to Hi-Chews and Kasugi fruit gummies). Left my folks at The American Adventure for dinner (dad is the most bland/boring eater on the planet) and I went to Mexico for my dinner.

Ran into this guy on the way...

Someday I'll finally track down Panchito.

The folks decided to call it a day around 7:00. It was EMH evening at EPCOT, so I got a wristband since I had a resort ID. Walked them to the front and got them on the monorail back to the TTC. I took another spin on Spaceship Earth.

The video this time around was amusing, but not as hilarious as the first time. After that, I got tired of dealing with crowds, so took the bus back to Pop. Got a snack at the food court, then hit the arcade again. I was determined to win myself a decent prize this time. I played a lot of skee ball again (the Ice Ball game spits out a lot of tickets), but then found my game... Roll a Rainbow. I had played a similar game in at Circus Circus in Vegas almost 20 years ago and won big. What you do it roll a ball down this ramp thing and try to hit each color slot for the rainbow. You get so many tickets for each color you hit. But if you hit the same color twice it's game over. I came close to getting all 7 colors 2 or 3 times but blew it every time. I was so mad! Finally I used up all the points on my game card. Added up my tickets. I needed 700 to get what I wanted.... I had 707! What did I pick? A cute plush Figaro! I almost got the monochrome Pluto for my mom, but decided since I about killed my arm playing how many games of skee ball... I wanted something for myself.

And that's.....

THE END!

• Senior Minion

pop century ! represent!
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• World Traveler

Thanks for the report and the great pics!

Blog Entries

I absolutely love the Pop (when you can find it at a decent price that is). I really really hope they one day finish the other half of the resort because it'll be beautiful looking across hour glass lake to see the other side instead of what you have now.

Checked out the new Spaceship Earth. Loved the enhancements in the first half. Very nice! The video during the decent.... my folks were in the seats in front of me so I could see their video as well as mine. OMG... I was laughing so hard I was crying. I could barely breathe I was howling. My mom was laughing like a hyena too. They got another game in the post-show going. I forget what its called. Innovator or something? They had one unit up and another one with a box around it (probably still building it).
    Its also quotes like yours that make me feel better for the descent of SSE. However as you proved, reridability may not be that great, but the majority of Disney guests don't ride it more than once every few years either way. So for them its great.

There's some re-rideability on SSE as there are a few option to chose from for the video. However, after you see them all, it would probably be boring. But that first time was freakin' hilarious. The first half seemed to go by a lot faster too than I remember. Oh and in the decent I saw the area where I remember the "floating" SSE used to hang. I really wish they would bring that back. I miss that pretty city at the end too.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Great Pictures Aimster!!!!

never have seen the Pop Century, so it's fun to
    see how it's decorated.

• Delawarean Girl

All your character pictures are adorable, aimster. I very much love your picture of the SSE at night. That SSE at night picture, is so beautiful.

Thanks. I took that with my little Kodak point & shoot camera. This is the least amount of photos I've taken on any WDW trip in the last few years too. I usually take maybe 100 or more but this time it was less than 40.

Thanks for the great TR!

BTW, the little girl from the new Pooh series name is Darby.

• Don't mess with the duck!

Nice TR! My kids loved the shots of Pop Century. Cool photo with Donald in Mexico

• I Miss WDW

Peterhead, Scotland (i.e. Way too far away!)

great TR as always! thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Magic View Post
    BTW, the little girl from the new Pooh series name is Darby.
    Oh. I was actually thinking to myself at first, "Hey! Christopher Robin got a sex change!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast