Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Re: A New Fantasyland

What would be nice would be if they took out Pooh's playful spot. Placed the teacups there. Added a 2 nice dark rides on the other side of the new tea cup locatoin.

Extended toontown out to the hub, and gave you an entrance to toontown through fantasy land and tomorrow land.

That way with the spokes they way they are the 'official' entrance to fantasyland is clearly the castle, and a great toontown bridge would be kind of neat coming off the hub!

just my .02
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Quote Originally Posted by OFTEric View Post
    What would be nice would be if they took out Pooh's playful spot. Placed the teacups there. Added a 2 nice dark rides on the other side of the new tea cup locatoin.

Extended toontown out to the hub, and gave you an entrance to toontown through fantasy land and tomorrow land.

That way with the spokes they way they are the 'official' entrance to fantasyland is clearly the castle, and a great toontown bridge would be kind of neat coming off the hub!

just my .02
    that sounds like a hell of an idea
    those 2 dark rides could be Pinocchio's Daring Journey and Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. Or a new Legend of Sleepy Hollow Ride with a trackless ride system.
    and maybe even a Matterhorn could fit.

there's enough space

Matterhorn is never ever going to be built at MK, move on folks. (and Toad won't be back either)

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OFTEric View Post

The problem I see with this is that it does not seem like it would address the very sharp change between lands. Instead of a jarring Fantasyland-Tomorrowland border, you would just get a jarring Fantasyland-ToonTown Fair-Tomorrowland border.

Maybe they could get a duplicate of the Mermaid ride that will go into DCA. That would be a fitting attraction to go where the subs once lived.

• MiceChat Partner Site

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Magic View Post
    Matterhorn is never ever going to be built at MK, move on folks. (and Toad won't be back either)
    But Pinocchio and Alice are still possible. They'd be great additions to Fantasyland.

Visit Disney Reporter - Where the Magic Lives
    (http://www.disneyreporter.net.ms)
    Four years of magic and still going strong.

there are so many great disney movie out there why do the new ride have to dupicated (sorry for spelling).

Quote Originally Posted by disneyreporter View Post
    But Pinocchio and Alice are still possible. They'd be great additions to Fantasyland.

Extremely doubtful.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicBear View Post
    Maybe they could get a duplicate of the Mermaid ride that will go into DCA. That would be a fitting attraction to go where the subs once lived.
    That's what was supposed to have happened in the 1990s...one of the "Disney Decade" projects that was not realized. I would not be surprised at all if Little Mermaid comes to MK on that spot after a few years of DCA exclusivity. Though whether it will be on the same lavish scale as DCA, given WDW's current management, remains to be seen.

Personally I don't mind so much that the subs are gone...they didn't really belong in Fantasyland IMO. But they deserved to be moved and not destroyed, and something needed to be built in their place. There is room for two big rides there...it's a shame they didn't use it to build a Hunny Hunt style Pooh ride on part of that plot instead of evicting Toad and shoehorning into its place.

Also off topic but since it has been mentioned...I would not change the track on Space Mountain to make it more intense. I would love a retheming along the lines of the original "a la terre de la lune" in Paris, but as far as copying the track - Orlando already has a looping indoor coaster at DHS...let's keep this one more a family coaster.
    Last edited by tasman; 01-27-2008 at 10:40 AM.

• MiceChat Partner Site

Quote Originally Posted by tasman View Post
    That's what was supposed to have happened in the 1990s...one of the "Disney Decade" projects that was not realized. I would not be surprised at all if Little Mermaid comes to MK on that spot after a few years of DCA exclusivity. Though whether it will be on the same lavish scale as DCA, given WDW's current management, remains to be seen.

Personally I don't mind so much that the subs are gone...they didn't really belong in Fantasyland IMO. But they deserved to be moved and not destroyed, and something needed to be built in their place. There is room for two big rides there...it's a shame they didn't use it to build a Hunny Hunt style Pooh ride on part of that plot instead of evicting Toad and shoehorning into its place.

Also off topic but since it has been mentioned...I would not change the track on Space Mountain to make it more intense. I would love a retheming along the lines of the original "a la terre de la lune" in Paris, but as far as copying the track - Orlando already has a looping indoor coaster at DHS...let's keep this one more a family coaster.
    Yeah, the Little Mermaid attraction is a high possibility after the California version has been in the limelight for a while.

That's what confuses me about why they got rid of Mr. Toad. Fantasyland has all of that expansion room back there (that's the beauty between Florida and California). They didn't need to get rid of any attractions.

I'm the opposite. I like the current Space Mountain version, but after seeing the Paris version, I'm all for one like that. The launch system on the outside of the building is stunning. And what's wrong with two looping coasters. Paris has that and RNR. As much as I'd love to see a redo like Paris, it won't happen without an entire Tomorrowland overlay.

Visit Disney Reporter - Where the Magic Lives
    (http://www.disneyreporter.net.ms)
    Four years of magic and still going strong.

Yeah, the Little Mermaid attraction is a high possibility after the California version has been in the limelight for a while.

That's what confuses me about why they got rid of Mr. Toad. Fantasyland has all of that expansion room back there (that's the beauty between Florida and California). They didn't need to get rid of any attractions.

I'm the opposite. I like the current Space Mountain version, but after seeing the Paris version, I'm all for one like that. The launch system on the outside of the building is stunning. And what's wrong with two looping coasters. Paris has that and RNR. As much as I'd love to see a redo like Paris, it won't happen without an entire Tomorrowland overlay.
    Cough Country Bears cough. cough Pooh cough.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

• Minion

The cheapskates at WDW management didn't want to pay to operate both Toad and Pooh, sadly. Plus they saved a tiny bit of money by shoehorning Pooh into an already built building.
    I dearly miss Toad at WDW.

• Minion

The Paris version has always been a looping coaster though. WDW's Space Mountain has already existed for over 30 years as a non-looping family friendly coaster. I imagine too many people would be upset over a drastic change to a coaster with inversions. I imagine trying to include a launch system on the outisde of the building would be no easy feat either. A new track with the same layout, an onboard soundtrack, and updated effects are what Space Mountain needs, not inversions.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by kirbilicious View Post
    The Paris version has always been a looping coaster though. WDW's Space Mountain has already existed for over 30 years as a non-looping family friendly coaster.
    A ride that nearly breaks your neck off is not family friendly by any means.

• Minion

ORDDU: Apparently some of the rest of you have already heard the same rumors that my sisters and I have heard, in regard to a LITTLE MERMAID attraction coming to Florida's Magic Kingdom after it's first been tested out in California. We hope this rumor does come true. (Hong Kong Disneyland is rumored to be getting a Little Mermaid attraction for their Fantasyland, as well.)

ORWEN: We always heard that the reason the Fantasyland facades were never added to the Florida Fantasyland was because they would add too much weight over the tunnel that's underneath that section of the park. We don't know how true that is. But it's an explanation somebody mentioned at a convention we went to many years ago.

ORDDU: One reason a Matterhorn attraction wouldn't work there, by the way, has to do with it's height. Cinderella Castle already reaches the height limits set by the State or the AFA or whatever it's called. Therefore a Matterhorn, if it was built, would not be allowed to exceed the same height of the castle. This would throw off the scale for the mountain and make it look way too small compared to the rather tall castle that would be nearby.

ORGOCH: Bet nobody thought 'bout that one.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast